GreaseSpot Cafe

Being on HQ staff (for Just Thinking)

Linda Z

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't get the pointed toilet paper. What's up with that?

The pointed toilet paper was the finishing touch on cleaning the restroom. It showed the attention to detail that went into the cleaning and also was a visual sign of how often the restrooms were scrubbed. Because people weren't repointing the paper after they used it.

So, while I understand why people may not "get the pointed toilet paper" you can take my word that it was a visual token of our love for our fellow believer's and the place where we believed God's true word was be being taught.

I still don't get the pointed toilet paper. What's up with that?

I thought it was to show the direction you're supposed to wi - - oh, never mind

So, while I understand why people may not "get the pointed toilet paper" you can take my word that it was a visual token of our love for our fellow believer's and the place where we believed God's true word was be being taught.

God's true word was being taught in the restrooms? ...wow...

so... when I go into my hotel room after the maid has been there does that mean that she was teaching the word in my bathroom?

Alright! Alright! I confess....... :redface2:

I actually would re-do the points when not working! I guess too many years in housekeeping at a root locale got to me!

Maybe that was more common than I thought, I was discussing this with my mom today, and she mentioned that she would do this also.

She also shared her early Emporia experiences where they would have to put in a request to get money to buy a bar of soap, if it was deemed that they really needed it. And Sunny's class on how you should never need to use more than four squares of toilet paper. She would have been very upset at all God's toilet paper that was wasted by those points! :nono5:

The pointed toilet paper was the finishing touch on cleaning the restroom. It showed the attention to detail that went into the cleaning and also was a visual sign of how often the restrooms were scrubbed. Because people weren't repointing the paper after they used it.

BEKster - couldn't the same be done just leaving a post-it note on the wall next to the toilet paper saying "Hey bro (or sis if in the ladies' room)! You Da Best & Stuff!" :love3: (Ha ha). I guess nothing says it like Halmark.

Alright! Alright! I confess....... :redface2:

I actually would re-do the points when not working! I guess too many years in housekeeping at a root locale got to me!

Poor Penguin! And some say 'Nam vets have a hard road of recovery :confused:

Aw, you know I love ya....just ribbin! :love3:

She also shared her early Emporia experiences where they would have to put in a request to get money to buy a bar of soap, if it was deemed that they really needed it. And Sunny's class on how you should never need to use more than four squares of toilet paper.

This is getting crazier by the minute!.

Having to request money for SOAP!!!???

4 squares of toilet paper!!!???

And they ran a class on toilet paper???????

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

How friggin *cheap* can ya get!!!!??? May God save those still in twi. :confused:

Edited by dmiller

This is getting crazier by the minute!.

Having to request money for SOAP!!!???

4 squares of toilet paper!!!???

And they ran a class on toilet paper???????

How friggin *cheap* can ya get!!!!??? May God save those still in twi. :confused:

This was before I was born, possibly before my parents met, but the early Emporia staff was unpaid. They were provided room and board, and if they had a need they submitted a form stating what they needed to purchase and how much it would cost. If it was determined that it was an actual need, they would be given the cash to go make the purchase.

It is very late, and I am really tempted to make some very snarky comments, but I think I will just stick with this "revelation" that my mother and I had discussing the situation.

It was obviously all a matter of believing, if you truly believed then you wouldn't need to buy soap, because either the soap you came with would miraculously last no matter how many showers you took, or if you were really in line you wouldn't need to shower at all!

night all :wave:

lol...great stories....

I have a couple.

I remember reading stories about TWI, while I was in. I was a teenager at the time and I was curious as to why people thought we were a cult and so I did some research on my own. I remember reading that TWI would even tell their members how to wipe their behind after going to the bathroom. At the time I read that, I thought it was absurd since I had never been instructed by anyone on the TWI staff on how to wipe my behind and I had been in TWI already over 10 years.

HA! Was I surprised several years later when I was in the WC and we were taught the "hygenical way to wipe your behind!"....for those of you who don't know.....front to back, people...front to back....LOL! :blink:

Second comment on how I am still influenced by TWI's teachings....

I worked in housekeeping (briefly, Thank GOD!) and learned the CORRECT way to wind the cord back on the vacuum cleaner. Always wind the cord back in a figure "8" shape so that the cord doesn't get worn on the same place every time you wind it back in. To this day I try to teach people how to do this...they all look at me like I'm crazy. I think it makes sense...don't you? :thinking:

MC

"I think it makes sense...don't you? "

I dunno, MCarroll, how many vacuum cords have you had to replace in your lifetime?

Me? I would guess about zero...

But, there were sure goofier things they taught. It's so absurd to think of all the little WayBots scrimping and saving toilet paper and coupons and soap - all the while VP and co. are buying corporate airplanes, motor coaches, motorcycles and having board meetings in the Bahamas.

No we weren't in a cult. Whatever gave you that idea?

Oh Lord forgive me my blatant stupidity...

Yup... The figure 8 cord wind.

I worked in housekeeping the first year in residence, then 2 months at HQ on staff. They had a lot of quarks in the housekeeping stuff. Like...... I cleaned the stairs everyday at Gunnison and they weren't dirty at all!!!

I was told to that look at it like as if you were taking care of the household. How we as their leaders need to clean up after them spiritually, even if they look fine to us. It's our job to see that their spiritual needs are being met and sometimes it can get pretty dirty.... Gawd... and I fell for that rubish. I was just FREE labor :asdf:

And when you vacuum, it has to be in straight lines on the carpet :realmad:

So ridiculous!!!!!

It wasn't HQ staff, but another location and I was in housekeeping. I was assigned to clean one of the top WC coordinators' home - four hours in a small house, every day. I was polishing the polish and such. But the kicker was that EVERY DAY I was required to submit a note to my work coordinator several different things I had learned that day while doing this. That was CRAZY!

Still "Happy" tho

Just a note about the toilet paper teaching - t was poor Sunny Sanders who was "blessed" with that assignment, and her "blessed" audience was the sickth WC (no - not water closet). I was on staff, and did not actually hear the teaching, but believe me, I heard the outrage. The girls I worked with the next morning were livid! But honestly, that was probably right up there on the list of reasons to leave for poor Sunny! I can't even begin to imagine the misery she endured with LCM and VPW

It wasn't HQ staff, but another location and I was in housekeeping. I was assigned to clean one of the top WC coordinators' home - four hours in a small house, every day. I was polishing the polish and such. But the kicker was that EVERY DAY I was required to submit a note to my work coordinator several different things I had learned that day while doing this. That was CRAZY!

Still "Happy" tho

:blink:

Edited by dmiller

Once again I am reminded how lucky I am never to be wc. Fortunately, in my case they were happy to have me be happy to scrub toilets, until my last supervisor sucked all the joy out of scrubbing toilets.

...my last supervisor sucked all the joy out of scrubbing toilets.

:asdf:

How sad do you have to be to do that to someone else?

I sincerely hope your last supervisor has found a life and perspective outside of the Way, cause that's just wrong. Oy!

(I was going to say, "How 'anal' do you have to be..." Aren't you glad I didn't? :) )

It was just sad. My previous supervisors had always recognized that the work was hard and not fun, and being able to have light, fun conversation while working so hard took out a lot of the drudgery.

Not the last one, I think banned smiling at one point. I also hope she found a life and some perspective, and realizes that teenage girls laughing while working isn't a sign of Satan's corruption!!