GreaseSpot Cafe

How many hq staffers does it take...

skyrider

Some 20 years ago, the hq staff numbered around 550. And, this was when the followers had ballooned upwards of 30,000 or so.

Today, the number of followers in twi is estimated around 3,000 or so.... one-tenth of the 1984 level.

How many hq staffers does it take to run the dwindling operation?

Approximate numbers (???)

Bod level: Emeritus/wives/donna......10

Trunk staff/int'l outreach...........10

Finance dept.........................06

Personnel / credit union.............04

Public Relations.....................01

Library..............................01

Way corps dept.......................04

Way disciples........................04

Computer services....................06

Printing.............................04

Legal................................01

Purchasing...........................03

Receptionists........................03

Safety...............................08

Bookstore............................10

Way Magazine.........................04

Shipping/ Receiving..................04

Warehouse............................02

Housekeeping.........................12

Way Builders.........................30

cabinet Shop.........................02

Design & Display.....................02

Food Services........................16

Housing..............................01

Grounds / Farms......................06

Multi-services.......................04

Children's Fellowship................02

Way Productions......................10

Auditorium...........................04

President's Cabinet / Dept coord.....18

Roughly......I count 170 hq staffers.

Now, add gunnison and field staff.......50 (?)

So, with rough estimates.....it comes to 220 staff for about 3,000 people. Incredible. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Please feel free to correct my estimates. icon_wink.gif;)-->

skyrider

Most schools have a 20:1 student to teacher ratio. I figure on these numbers the TWIts have a 15:1 ratio and imagine how much smaller that ratio gets when you throw in the wc who aren't paid to work their b*tts off for the TWIts.

All the better to micro-manage you, my little pretty.....

If most businesses were run the way the TWIts run theirs they would be broke, but then again, most business aren't as skilled at manipulation as the TWIts are.

quote:
Thirty in Way Builders, but only ONE in legal?

Yes, George......only one in legal.

Now, the 30 in way builders is an estimate....and downsized since I presume that there isn't much "building" going on. Only maintenance, painting, sewage treament, that sorta thing.

Oh, I forgot........that list needs to add another 10 or so.....nannies, laundry, shopping and personal house stewards for bod.

skyrider

Thanks, Jim........yeah, the a/v dept

So.....adding the bod's personal servants/aids (10) and a/v with tape duplicating (6) and a few "special assistants" and waygb guys and others (14)......the total of hq staff climbs to 200.

Hope the innies travel to hq often......to see the manicured grounds and polished floors. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Also, no longer do they have access to 40 interim corps workers at $2.50 a day ($75 a month).

I thought this was one of those "...to screw in a lightbulb" questions, "how many staffers does it take to screw in a light bulb?"

-just saw Mr. Hammeroni addressed this-to which I would add, it takes....

-------------------

1 to explain the reason it's been dark for a week is your lack of believing

because light bulbs could work forever if you'd ever really believe.

1 to reprove the maintenance person who was spiritually responsible for the bulb and who "made it dark".

1 to remember how someone once believed for a bulb to stay on after

the power went out in alllllll of Shelby County.

1 to reprove that person for promoting "old wineskin" thinking.

1 to mark and avoid everyone involved with the entire "burnt out bulb" incident because they're all obviously homo's.

278 to deny any knowledge of any "light bulbs", and any screwing of said light bulb, either now or at any time in the past, or any persons alive or deceased who may or may not have touched the light bulb, if there had been a light bulb, which there probably wasn't. At least as far as they know.

1 to schedule the deposition to take their statements.

1 to write the next Way Magazine article titled "Victorious Living in Light", drawing deep parallels between light, plant growth and people.

1 to do the typo corrections to the article during the day because the burnt out bulb was in the Magazine department trailer.

1 to buy a truckload of light bulbs at half price, thus saving the ministry untold dollars.

1 to find out that the light bulbs only work in night lights.

1 to go to the A & P in Sydney and buy a pack of light bulbs, change the light, and be declared the new Maintenance Spiritual Leader for Our Day And Time.

That oughta about do it.

There are about 20 who work in the bookstore, and actually printing has about 15, and you forgot word processing. It has about 10 or so in that dept. Food services and grounds has way more than originally estimated. When I was on staff, there were about 300. It was still grossly too many for the work that actually needed to be done. Some departments had wayyyy too much work because of the anality of the job (i.e., grounds), and others had too little work. Multi services has more than 4 too.

Hmmm, how many G-spotters would it take to change a lightbulb?

4 or 5 to expose the darkness of TWIt.

Another few to expound on the sins of the first lightbulb of TWI - bulbvic(praise be his light).

3 or 4 to say how they remember how sweet the light was in TWI-I, and how they were never exposed to any of the burnt out bulbs at that time, and how anyone who complains about burnt out bulbs in TWI-I is bitter and unforgiving.

3 to post that leftist bulbs are better, and that George W. Bush never changed an honest bulb in his life.

4 to point out how the leftist posters wouldn't know a lightbulb if it bit them in the foot.

3 to post that right-wing bulbs are better, and that john kerry never changed an honest bulb in his life.

4 to point out how the right-wing posters wouldn't know a lightbulb if it bit them in the foot.

3 to claim that moderate lightbulbs are better, all the while espousing left-wing dogma.

3 to do "seagull" lightbulbs - swoop in screaming and crapping all over everything, then fly away.

Several moderators to say, "You oughta think about changing that lightbulb for a different one, before you get banned!"

Did I forget anybody?

quote:
There are about 20 who work in the bookstore, and actually printing has about 15, and you forgot word processing. It has about 10 or so in that dept. Food services and grounds has way more than originally estimated. When I was on staff, there were about 300. It was still grossly too many for the work that actually needed to be done.

Wayfer Not, thanks for the additions........there are about 15 that work in printing? Amazing! Printing what???

So, add another 20 for bookstore & printing and about 20 more to food services & multi-services & grounds. Now, the staff totals around 240.

My, oh my.......the numbers swell for comfy living. icon_wink.gif;)-->

Sounds like a lot of "busy work" to me going on. But where is the fruit? Are they doing any outside charitable works or helping the community in any way? I do not see what good they are doing at all.

They need some serious reorganizing and further downsizing and outsourcing. Seems like it takes em forever to make a simple decision. In my opinion it shows lack of capable leadership.

I can see their big smiles now, confessing the positives and........ staying in denial about very serious organizational issues. Afraid to take drastic measures.

That place could be run on half what they have if there were some outside workers who were hired and who were paid a decent wage. Get rid of the zombies and bring in some good old hard working unbelievers. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

But really....to run what? It's not a viable business model as I see it.

I'd just sell it and get it over with. Probably nothing but a daily pain to run anyway. I wouldn't want any of their jobs. Except the ones who are coasting off the hard work of others until they coast into retirement.