GreaseSpot Cafe

Happy Anniversary to Me!

Belle

Today is the one year anniversary of my divorce and freedom from TWI.

While I am terribly disappointed that it came down to divorce and that my ex is still entrapped and oppressed by that evil group, I am ecstatic to have my life back and to experience the constant peacefulness that was so elusive during the previous ten years.

I will be leaving tomorrow for the annual Smith family reunion that I was not allowed to attend the entire time I was married. I will never miss another one of these again except for the most dire of reasons. My face and sides will be sore from laughter all week next week. (I have Smith, Jones, Brown and Williams in my family. I'm as plain as you can get! icon_biggrin.gif:D--> )

I have renewed the closest friendship bonds that only pretended to exist in TWI and made new true friends. I have renewed appreciation and love for my family. I have thoroughly enjoyed learning more about God, other religions, belief systems and the whole spiritual world out there that we couldn't see for the TWIt blinders.

It's been quite the journey this past year and while it hasn't always been easy, mostly the worst days "out" have been better than the best days "in". It's so nice to live free from condemnation, intense scrutiny and the pressure to be perfect. Sleep comes easier and is so much more tranquil. There's a calmness and peacefulness in my home, even when it's not spotless. icon_smile.gif:)-->

I owe many thanks to you GSpotters. Your support, advice, thoughts, humor and presence have made it a very good, very healing year (along with professional one-on-one therapy icon_smile.gif:)--> ). I'm so glad you're here and I'm so glad Paw makes it possible for us to have these awesome experiences and friendships.

Happy Anniversary Belle!

Normally the ending of a marriage coupled with losing all those you thought were your friends (TWIts) is not an occasion to celebrate...

...but...

When you go from slavery to freedom by standing up for yourself and earning it, celebrations are in order.

Take it easy on the wine tonight though... wink2.gif;)-->

Congratulations, Belle! You really have come a long way in just one year!

It's unfortunate that The Way's unholy reach extended into forbidding relationships with family members incurring their religious disapproval. It's another area of life that should have fallen squarely into the category of "None of their damn business!"

Have fun celebrating your family and your freedom!

Belle, I have been out now for nine years! Finally remembered when I left. And it was about this time, roughly the week after the fourth.

And I've gone to see family for a reunion on the fourth of July week every year since. It is still the highlight of the year.

Thanks, Y'all! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I'm leaving the cube farm for a few days and will enjoy a bit of Yellow Tail Shiraz~Grenache, but not too much....only 'cause Bob asked so nicely. wink2.gif;)-->

I hope y'all have as wonderful a week-end as I plan to! icon_cool.gif

Thanks, Y'all!

Had a blast with my cousins and Mexico was quite the experience. The weather was perfect and the beach pleasantly relaxing. I've never smelled the ocean mingled with the smell of horses before. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Had my very first fish taco and washed my hands with lime all week-end. I could have gotten my hair braided, but decided against it. I did buy some beautiful turquoise jewelry and pure Mexican vanilla. Can't wait to cook something with it!

I found a beautiful hemetite and pearl necklace for one dollar. Proudly wearing it to dinner, my cousin's Irish husband complimented me on the rosary! icon_eek.gif How ironic is that?!?! If I run into any TWIts can you imagine those looks if they recognize that it's a rosary?

I saw some cousins I haven't seen in over 20 years. We picked up right where we left off and it was so healing and fun to be around them. I had some very interesting conversations over the week-end. We are a motley crew of beliefs. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

One of my favorite cousins has researched all kinds of religions, hands on healings, reads auras and uses the EFT tapping techniques 2Life introduced me to. I was able to spend a good bit of one on one time with her over the week-end which I had been hoping would happen. She's a remarkable lady and so full of information and wisdom. I wish we didn't live so far apart from each other.

Next year the Texas cousins will be hosting the reunion. We already have the date set and I'll be saving money and vacation time for these awesome week-ends with true family who love you no matter what and never gives up on you. love3.gif

I feel very grateful for my family and for you here at GSpot.