GreaseSpot Cafe

New "innie" forum web site

Bob

Run by someone who is a "follower of The Way International." You can find it here: In Our Own Way

Poor guy went through all the work to set up an online forum and he's getting no traffic.

quote:
Posted by inourownway on Jul 21, 2005 in Problems/Forum Finding

I wonder how this will all go. It is July 21st, I am almost ready to go home from work..and it seems that no one has found this forum yet. I wonder who will and if they do what shape this forum will take.

What do I do to promote this board that won't ruin it. (That will not be simply introducing it at fellowship or something) This is supposed to be an experiment into how believers search online in a way.

In a way.

quote:
Posted by inourownway on Aug 17, 2005

Aug 17 today. Good morning and God bless. I searched under Google and this page DOES show up. It is just that no one has found it yet. I have to believe that some people out there search for terms like The Way Ministry or The Way International, etc. Time will tell how this experiment goes!

Does anyone think they can help him out? wink2.gif;)-->

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and now...a song. Tune? Glory Halleluia?

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the burning of the church.

We've dissected all da Wierwille books for being m&a'd.

We will chat and post at least until in graves our bods are laid.

His truth is marching on.

Glory, glory, halleluia.

Glory, glory what's it to ya.

Away from twi I've stayed and herr doktor's in the grave

and he ain't my teacher no more.

Well, all I can say is, the silence is deafening!!

It is quite clear that innies are NOT inclined to do a search on their precious twi, even if they might find GOOD info. They've been so indoctrinated to stay away because of all the unbelieving liars who post their wickedness on the www for all to see because they might get possessed as soon as their eyes flicker across the very words posted on such evil sites don'tcha know?

---------------------------------------------

Rhino...

1) welcome to the 'spot

2) not to derail this thread or anything, but what we refer to as the WayGB absolutely exists. Some of us were thrown out of the ministry because we were "caught" posting on ex-way sites. Not caught by someone who physically saw us sitting at the computer screen typing something on WayDale or Greasespot. But caught by paid headquarters staff, who surfed the forums, and compiled bits of data we naively posted about ourselves, our area, our leadership, situations we had experienced, meetings we had attended, until they had enough to send it out to corps on the field asking if it sounded like anyone they knew. When someone connected the dots, the person was confronted. In most cases, put on probation or simply booted (mark and avoid). Boom.

Oddly enough, last year Harve Platig (then a twi VP) asked the moderator of this forum to post a letter to get twi's point across about their treatment of Mrs. Wierwille. The hypocrasy was not lost of those of us who had our lives turned upside down for doing the same thing. Apparently, timing is everything.

I'm really feeling sorry for the guy. Obviously he logged in today. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

quote:
Posted by inourownway Today at 2:25pm

I suppose for record keeping I should say that someone did now find the site. Since more people than ever have come today I have to suppose that they told others?

If someone knows how I have to post some sort of Survey thing so I can ask how they found the site?

GSpoters already got Family Tables shut down once. When it finally came back up, you had to supply your TWIt leadership info to register so you could post. No TWIt leadership, no posting.

Probably hasn't had much traffic since then.

quote:
Originally posted by moony3424:

Here's another innie site based out of Florida.

The Family Tables It still doesn't get much traffic, but at least the site is designed better.

Hiya Moony -- I used to be registered on that site, but like Bob says -- they didn't want us there, even though no flaming or any of that was taking place.

I figure they thought I was a football, and should be in the *end zone* -- since they kicked me out of there so fast! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

They wanted (and probably still want) positive input on a recent twi funcion one might have attended.

And when you register (a must if you wish to post), you do have to tell them who your twi coordinater is, or you don't get into the site. Plain and simple.

It's locked down to the likes of us, but that's fine by meicon_smile.gif:)-->

David