Dec 4th Believing Women of the Christ Line

Dec 11th Walking by Believing

WALK IN PEACE

Dec 18th God Provides His People with Peace

Jan 1st One Day at a Time

Jan 8th Staying Our Mind on God’s Solution

Jan 15th Let the Peace of God Rule

Jan 22nd Fellowships Manifesting Peace

Last year they gave summaries on how to present each week, this year they didn't give any.

Is that good - Maybe?

OR maybe there is no one left qualified to do the summaries.

Hmmm- could it be they want to give room for God to work in the twig coordinators?

Naw - can't be, they would lose too much control.

JSN

Edited by JustSayNO

I see they are observing Christmas by not contaminating it with yet another *YAWN* warm-our-seats-for-us meeting.

When I was growing up, going to the local church, Christmas and Easter were the only two times of the year the church was full. People would show up I'd never seen, and would never see again.

What a boring schedule of "teachings." That's the best a "research ministry" can come up with?

If my memory serves me well (and hasn't lately, been pretty rebellious), the scheduled teachings began with Craig assigning the color books. Think it was around 98? Each chapter was done, week by week. Boring as hell. Can you say regurgitation? It's about all those teaching were, reconstituted decaying vomit. Looks like nothing has changed, although I suspect it's even worse now.

Edited by GreasyTech

Believing Women of the Christ Line

I'm sorry, but I really want to know, so can we derail for a second or PM me. Just what is the Christ Line--are we talking genealogy here? Don't ever remember hearing this phrase when I was in. (But that doesn't mean it wasn't around could be just that failing memory of advancing years. :) )

Well,

this is old stuff.

However,

I can save you the trouble of sitting thru their series. :D

Matthew 1:1-16 covers part of the Christ-line.

It names only a few women, who are the subject

of "this" study.

Matthew 1:3 mentions Tamar

Matthew 1:5 mentions Rahab

Matthew 1:5 mentions Ruth

Matthew 1:16 mentions Mary

So,

this is a study in 4 parts-one for each woman.

So do they have revelation that this schedule is going to meet the needs of each fellowship every week?

They know ahead of time that this will be the best topic?

I remember when the twig leader was allowed to teach of what was relevant at the time depending on what was going on spiritually. It was part of what being a coordinator was all about.

HO HUM another YAWN from this corner. ZZZZZZZZZ I feel sleeeeeeepy...... -_-

It's been a while since the last time I tought in fellowship, and even longer since I coordinated one (2002 I think). We were given the STS schedule for the year, which I belive we were required to teach on one night of the week. But I seem to remember having to come up with our own teaching topics for the other night of fellowship (at least for a few months in advance). I don't remember if they could be whatever we wanted, or if it had to compliment that week's STS teaching. I remember not liking to have to teach on that week's STS, since I couldn't even hear that teaching until the following week when I got my tape. We did have to list our teaching schedule for a few months in advance, as well as plan out everyone else who would share, or read, or review, each week. That was a pain in the foot.

I always liked the way my very first twig coordinator would run things. He put a sign-up sheet in the kitchen after fellowship. Those who wanted to sign up to teach or share could if they wanted. It wasn't required, and you could generally teach what you wanted to - something that you were working or were excited about. That was fun. We were just asked to call a few nights before to fill him in on the general content of our sharing.

At some of my more recent fellowships, I never liked getting a fellowship calendar that had me scheduled to teach and lead on the days and topics of their choosing. It took some of the joy out of sharing the Word and most of the time, I didn't work on my teaching until the night before.

Teaching Schedule for 1999-2001 where I was:

Saturday Night: listen to STS tape at home with family, as part of the tape listen to summary of previous week's STS

Sunday morning - 4 week rotation:

1. teach on article from the Way Magazine

2. "Live" STS phone hookup

3. teach on predetermined monthly theme

4. I forget what the 4th one was :unsure:

Wednesday night: teach on STS, which you hadn't heard yet, since it would not arrive in the mail until Thursday or Friday, review of previous Wednesday's teaching, which was about the STS teaching from the week before that

This made for some interesting teachings, since sometimes somebody would go off on a tangent that was not the TWI corporately approved line

Note that we would hear a teaching about a given topic four times :blink:

I guess I should be glad, during the year when we were doing reviews of each segment of WayAP, it helped me to dig into the class and see what a load of crap it was

Everyone had to teach and lead in our area. The HFC and assistants would get together and plan out the next three to six months worth of teachings for the fellowship. You had to turn in your personal schedule for any nights that you might have to miss fellowship. That included any excuses (which had to be good excuses) for your absence.

You'd come to fellowship after the meeting and get the schedule for the month including the times you would be teaching, leading or tag-team teaching with someone and what your topic would be.

Teaching topics were already assigned by HQ and they consisted of either a STS or Way Rag article. There was absolutely no option for teaching on something you felt the fellowship would enjoy, needed to hear or that you had been working in your personal life. Well....you weren't supposed to be working anything in your personal life that wasn't already approved (see STS & Way Rag topics).

I'm not so sure this is such a terrible thing.

Let's suppose they still have required 3 meetings per week. One of those meetings could be "leader's choice", and one could be what's listed here. I'm not saying it IS like that, but it's still not so terrible.

When we had larger memberships, we had "regular" teachings of the Navite and so much of what was taught was good. I still do believe the Bible is true, and that there was such a thing as a Christ-line. One gospel lists it one way, and another lists it another. Both must have been important.

Yes it is a shame to have to stoop to this, but these are rather generic topics. When I was involved in a "normal" church, our sunday school classes all had the same curriculum for every grade, so that by the time you were done, you had a basic smattering of most things. I don't see how this is any different.

When I got into twi (1975), the twig leader (not coordinator), taught what was on his or her heart. There were no "directives" coming down the holy mail shute from the cornfield pontif...If you asked a twi leader what you should teach at twig, they would smile and tell you to pray about it...

...quote "but it's still not so terrible"

krys...no offense intended, but being "not so terrible" is hardly an endorsement that would entice too many folks to attend twig...Besides, telling people what to teach almost guarantees that nobody will be allowed to walk by the spirit...No thanks, don't need that kind of religion.