GreaseSpot Cafe

Gunnison

Vyctorya911

They still own it. Maybe they have such a small in residence corps that they need to fill up the place.

Weird.

How did you come across that?

We had wanted to go to Gunnison for our anniversary one year and were told that they didn't allow visitors anymore. I don't remember ever hearing an announcement that TWIts were now allowed again. Looks like the innies weren't made aware of the change, if there was one, either.

So....it's okay for paying non-believers to come stay at Gunnison, but not their very own TWIts? :ph34r: <_<

No, maybe they are just seeing an opportunity to make money! If I was on the board, knowing I had prime real estate right on the river, with empty cabins, why, it would be a sound business decision......

It can be looked at as postive or negative, depending on perspective.........

Why wouldn't they start by offering to rent the cabins to their very own people?

I don't understand why you would advertise it in "the world" and NOT advertise within your own organization. Doesn't make sense to me at all.....unless they know that they don't have any people left who could afford to take a vacation, much less pay whatever rates they may be asking.

As I understand it (from a thread I read a couple of years ago)....Gunnison wasn`t even owned by twi on paper... .....it was listed as owned by three members of the bot....PERSONALLY... seems to me I read that Craig was one of the owners.

Does anybody else remember?....I don`t know how to find out who the current owners are....

Rascal,

Camp Gunnison is a not for profit corporation just like TWI. It is not now and never has been "owned" by private individuals. However the way it is operated, it is just as if it were owned by Rosie and the gang as none of the folks who paid for it or maintain it have any say in how it is used.

The Way International is not listed or mentioned in the Articles of Incorporation, so Camp Gunnison is technically independant of The Way International, or so it appears on paper.

It was incorporated in 1977 with V.P. Wierwille, Harry Wierwille and Ermal Owens as the original board of directors. As of 2001, the directors were Rivenbark, Platig & Reynolds. Martindale was previously on the board but was outed in 2001.

Filed amendments after 2001 are not accessable on the Colorado Sec Of States office, becasue they have the wrong documents queued for viewing, but my guess is that the Current TWI board is also the current Gunnison board.

i and the mother of my 4 sons took the ac at gunison back in the 80's

it was a wonderful place and so were the people too bad it has gone to hell

those 2 weeks at gunison were and and still are a high point in my life

but i would never go back again

we spent our tenth anniversary there in different cabins

fun

huh?

Edited by coolchef1248 @adelphia.net

OK...I'll admit it. I was married at camp Gunnison...It was the first TWI marriage ever performed there...that was in 1977, Dave S did the ceremony and Veepee was in attendance. It was a beautiful and quiet place back then...looked a lot different than it does now. I lived in Colorado for 2 years and really loved that place...what a shame, what a shame.

Nato, was probably 1997 or 1998 that we had wanted to go and were told that visitors were no longer welcome at Gunnison.

I always wondered why my money was good enough to go to Gunnison, but I wasn't. It wasn't permissible to bring it up to my ex more than once, though.

We need a class action suit that would acquire Camp Gunnison as a money making place, where we ex wayfers could use it for free until we are paid back for the ABS they took under false pretenses, and the labor we invested while HQ was partying on our dime. <_< I wonder if I still have those copies of the blue forms in some box?

And I want some of that gold too ... where is that buried anyway? :unsure:

Rhino-

Im up for it. I abs 18% while I was on probation..and 10-15 % for 17 yrs.

But what I would rather see is them give back my friend his abs that he gave to prove his worthiness for his wife who had cx(cancer) to take the ADV.Class..he had 10,000 in debt and she was not allowed to go the class unless he paid it off....all she wanted to know how to do is get HEALED...and to get the ADVERSARY's BUTT.........dont get me going....these are fighting words~

I was there from Jan to May 84. Really enjoyed it, what a beautiful place. I remember the huge elk that would stand at the top of the hill behind the maintenance building. His antlers looked like some giant radar screen moving from side to side. While I was there they wanted to me to build a horse rack. We went into town and measured one at a vets office. Wonder if it is still there.

when were we there rino ? 80-81 ?

i missed most of the beauty, thanks to t.j. (not tick jr.) and a few others

and i was doing something on my hands and knees with rocks, i believe, but i can't for the life of me remember what it was

oh, i do have a beauuuuuuuuuutiful memory about duncan and dee (yuck)

like i said, what a shame to be in such an awesome place and be so suppressed, is that the right word ? how 'bout depressed, miserable, sad, unhappy, downtrodden.....

Quoted from Excathedra:

"and i was doing something on my hands and knees with rocks, i believe, but i can't for the life of me remember what it was"

This really made me laugh! I too had to straighten those rocks which bordered all the gravel walkways - it was a daily job. My parents came out to Gunnison before the ROA and saw the Corps doing that - thats when they started believing that we were all being mistreated. My mother was convinced they ordered us do it just to see if we'd do anything they asked.

Yes, it was a beautiful place. But when TJ ran the joint, it was hell.

By the way, I had always heard that TWI purchased the property from a believer whose family had owned the land for many years. I also heard that they sold it to TWI for a fraction of what it was really worth, since they were , after all believers. God I really hope that wasn't true.

when were we there rino ? 80-81 ?

That seems right ... i was there like Oct thru Feb, but we had little snow that year. I worked chipping frozen horse droppings off the pasture, but got to work on training the horses more the second block, and got to ride into the BLM on a regular basis. I remember riding Jerry down a trail and he took off on me, as his nautre was. I just let him gallop along for a while ... great smooth ride down the mountain trail ... he was a thoroughbred I think, used to be named Geronimo ... that part was fun.

i missed most of the beauty, thanks to t.j. (not tick jr.) and a few others

and i was doing something on my hands and knees with rocks, i believe, but i can't for the life of me remember what it was

oh, i do have a beauuuuuuuuuutiful memory about duncan and dee (yuck)

like i said, what a shame to be in such an awesome place and be so suppressed, is that the right word ? how 'bout depressed, miserable, sad, unhappy, downtrodden.....

yeah, that sucks ...