GreaseSpot Cafe

The Way Decorators

bliss

Whe I got sick and tired of living in Ohio and decided to leave HQ, I got the devilish mountain spiel from a wacked out corps guy I worked with. I told him I was going back to God's country: the west. I am from Oregon, and I was moving to San Diego. Two of the sweetest spots on earth IMHO. This guy had the balls to tell me that all of those mountains would cause terrible things to happen in that part of the country. I dismissed his words because he had proved to be an arse and phoney the whole time I worked with him: 5 years. I missed martinpuke's teaching about mountains. Was it a corps meeting?

I live in Arizona now, and I think Sedona is another beautiful place! Yet the previous LC of Arizona told the believers to stay away because of the spiritual influence there. Yes, there are a lot of strange things believed there, but who cares! It doesn't affect me, and most there are very nice. They don't try to convert you to crystalism and worship of caves and mountains.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never saw anyplace in the Bible were God denounces the mountains.

Didn't the prophets spend alot of time in the mountains?

If there is an atrocity here its the people who keep their houses like cookie cutter hotel rooms and squeeze any possible life and spirit out of it.

Id love to see what these nutcases would do if they came into my organized chaos---

Mountains are evil because they divide people?

Hmmm...I suppose oceans, lakes, rivers, streams, chasms, thick forsets, briar patches and deserts are evil too...they also are capable of dividing people. :thinking:

and if you really think about it...political parties, religious denominations, rival highschool football teams, fences, moats, brickwalls, enclosed houses and different brands of beer divide people also. :evildenk:

such evil all around us...

...and we can thank the great spiritual giant, king okie for leading us in the right direction. :wink2:

I can't pinpoint when I heard the devil-designed-mountain thing, and I asked hubs if he remembers when and he couldn't nail it either...we lived in Colorado in the last half of the 70's so perhaps it was during that time. It was in the context of the first heaven and earth having no mountains but the second one does because of the anarchy when lucifer fell or something like that. Anyhoo, like I said before...what an idiot.

I must say that if my house gets too messy I find it distracting so it's clean, but it's lived in and comfortable. The dvd's and cd's are alphabetized, complete with a typewritten list of the dvd's with running time and the year made. That part is Mr. Tonto's doing...he's just an organized kinda guy. But you can come over and put your feet up on the coffee table, and can I get you a glass of wine or an appletini? :wink2:

Doilies??? We had doilies on furniture in the 1950's, and I see them in antique stores now, but I can't understand what kind of spiritual statement the TWITS are trying to make with doilies.

Must have been a Dorothy Owens thing, long before Martha Stewart.LOL

Yeah, as a designer and artist Way Decor always bothered me.

I mowed lawns for a while and as an artist I got into making mower lines interesting...doing stupid sh!t only someone in an airplane could appriciate. Well, I brought that idea to our fellowship livingroom. I made it so the vaccume lines alternated light and dark and not with the normal zig-zag pattern that vaccuming usually produces. I picked up the vaccume at the end of every push and each push of the vaccume went from one side of the room to the other. So when I was done we had a monochomatic striped carpet. Much the same way you alter the way you cut your grass, I altered the pattern of our carpet fibers. I know, I'm looney. Most people dug it and thought it was a cool thing but I mostly did it out of boredome and some sort of creative outlet.

The last fellowship house I lived in (the same one I vaccumed this way) was as sterile as a hospital. In fact, I had non- way friends that said this to me. The FC that I lived with was a man of course and he made sure all the colors of the house were manly- mostly blues and some greens. I was a hotel room...well, motel maybe.

This was not so in my room. Friends told me it looked like something out of a design magazine. It was warm and modern and rich with different wood colors, abstract painting I had done, and yes, it was "decent and in order." My bathroom was not bad either.

Which brings up another story I think I have sposted before. One class we held at our house, the LC puts some faithfull slave in charge of the set up of the house. Well, of course we cleaned the place spotless before they came to clean and set up and everything looked perfect the way it always did (shutter). Well, this lady pulls me out of the kitchen and brings me to my bathroom (the guest bathroom) to show me a hair on the floor that she apparently wanted me to pick up. So I did. I was a little annoyed but I did. Then she told me we needed to replace the towels so they would all match. I began to explain to her that the towels "matched" matched the colors in the shower curtain and how everything in the bathroom was coordinated together and that the towels actually looked really good that way. Well, she reiterated that she was put in charge of the set up of the entire house, including my bathroom, by the Rev. Huckelberry Finn and it was her job to make sure that the house was the best for the household and she wanted matching towels. Yes, dear. All blue towels it is.

This may seem stupid, but it annoyed the hell out of me, as you can tell. Scarred me for life. B)

Edited by lindyhopper

Well, this lady pulls me out of the kitchen and brings me to my bathroom (the guest bathroom) to show me a hair on the floor that she apparently wanted me to pick up. So I did. I was a little annoyed but I did.
do you still have it ? ;) ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

your room and bathroom sound great. i'll bet where you live now is even more wonderful baby and all !!!!

LOL!

Several of the BC's we had must have never cleaned their bathrooms - especially one in particular who used to be a manager in Housekeeping at HQ!! The only time they got cleaned was when one of us came over on command.

One man had the worst body odor of anyone I've ever met. They had asked me to "straighten up" the bathroom once while I was babysitting their kids. You know I thought that meant "white glove" clean in TWIt vernacular and was none too happy about cleaning their bathrooms, but I did. The master bathroom still stank after the thorough cleaning that I did. And to think I was going to get in trouble for not getting the smell out!

I actually got in trouble for cleaning it so well. :blink: Turns out they really did only want it "straghtened up".