GreaseSpot Cafe

THE MOG DESERVED TO HAVE THE BEST?

Nottawayfer

It is so pathetic that leadership were given the best things, allowed to buy what they did on ABS $$, and it was all justified (i.e., they have a lot of responsibility, they need to look their best....gagggg!!! barfffff!)

It really chaps my hide to think that lcm bought such expensive items for himself when the average joe on staff barely had what he needed each month.

When I first moved to Ohio, I had terrible problems with my eyes with allergies and dryness. It attributed to the new environment. The opthamologist I saw said that I could try some temporary tear duct plugs to see if "real" ones would work for my problem. My eyes were important to me as I did a lot of proofreading in my job there. The temporary tear duct plugs worked wonders, and I thought it would be a great solution to the problem. But everyone in my department guilted me by saying "How could you spend $250 of the ABS to get tear duct plugs?" I was new on staff, so I went without.

I think back and think what a bunch of jar heads they all were. They sure didn't think that when Craig was flashing his expensive taste in clothing or the golf he played regularly during the day. But that was justified because his job as the MOGGIE was a 24/7 position. :rolleyes:

I had to "believe" for my situation to be better and buy some eye drops..... :asdf:

Go back to a kinder, gentler ministry with the same old crap behind the curtain???

NEVER again......

I had some LC's in TN that liked to live larger than I could have imagined...

They wore designer labels all the time and their house looked like something from a Better Homes spread. Even their kids had labels that I couldn't dream of affording even if I found them second hand at a Goodwill store. The kids were enrolled in all sorts of yuppie kid classes.

They bought a pure bred dog - a bishon fraize, I believe it was, for big $$$ - more than I had paid for my last car! - Then, when they decided they couldn't house train the dog (it was a nasty little dog - eeewww!) - They gave it away.

Mrs. LC was always getting facials, messages, and other spa treatments I could only dream of (and never experienced.) Then, they belonged to a Fitness Club - not a gym - but a club - pool, weights, classes, etc. - you know, more $$$.

But the thing that really made me go "hmmmm!" was when all of a sudden... Mr. LC, who was a good looking man without hair, shows up with a designer rug (toupee! hair piece! road kill!) on his head... I tried not to stare, but it was soooo weird. Come to find out it was a Hair Club for Men special. More $$$$....

They spent more on amenities in a month than my hubby and I brought home in pay! I really started resenting them for their spending habits - the rest of us were living on the edge, no healthcare, POS cars, etc., but they had the biggest, newest, and best of whatever. And we were FUNDING it! (Not to mention they had the TIME to do these things - we were working 40 hours a week, doing stuff for the ministry another 20 hours at least - what was left?)

So, don't forget your money for the ABS, coffee, and the phone hook-up.... ya hear?!

Yes,They were really great stewards of Gods money......

Several years ago,Now a big hotshot in twi,A mark wall!!e,bought a couple of us lunch at mickie dees,

his comment at the time was twi does not care how we spend the money as long as we send in an expense report.I wanted to say ,well buy me a better car.

That used to ge my gander,I live in michigan,It is a penusula,one way up one way down,Well our advances were always up north,no big deal for leadership brand new car,cruise control if they get a ticket,abs pays for it.The rest of us in our pos cars with quadzillion miles on them.

Hell with the fleet twi had ,they could have given us thier old ones....

The leadership would come up here to our little houses,could not afford anything better,after all must abs..

and they would critize our little houses or cars,telling us we were not believing bigger...

Then it was adapted to well it is a need for (leadership) to have the best...

One time Lcm was all dressed up..He looked like sherlock freaking holmes!!! the money that must have cost was ridiculous....

yet i got reamed for buying a used s-10 with 153000 miles on it cause i took out a loan...

Bitter no,But dammit God 1rst provides for us,then the church not a bunch of lazy good for nothings who will

not do anything,and why should they? It is already in thier hands need a car? ok.Need a vacation? well that is outreach.Need some new clothes?

Point is they twi was never held accouunable,when they were the person was kicked out...

Vee pee,loy rosey, it is still the same,They are or were royalty they deserved the best,God forbid if they ever got in the valley of human need,the excuse oh,someone could harm me as after alll,I have such a great knowledge of the word.

Hell tell that to Peter or paul and of of course jesus.....

Luk 18:18 And a ruler asked him, "Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?"

Luk 18:19 And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone.

Luk 18:20 You know the commandments: 'Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honor your father and mother.'"

Luk 18:21 And he said, "All these I have observed from my youth."

Luk 18:22 And when Jesus heard it, he said to him,
"One thing you still lack. Sell all that you have and distribute to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me."

Luk 18:23
But when he heard this he became sad, for he was very rich.

Luk 18:24 Jesus looking at him said, "How hard it is for those who have riches to enter the kingdom of God!

Luk 18:25 For it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Luk 16:13 No servant can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon."

Luk 16:14 The Pharisees, who were lovers of money, heard all this, and they scoffed at him.

1Jo 2:15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If any one loves the world, love for the Father is not in him.

(All verses from the RSV)

Of course, this interferes with the lifestyle of the holy (barf) and famous (they wish).

Luke 20:45-47 (KJV)

"Then in the audience of all the people he said unto his disciples,

'Beware of the scribes, which desire to walk in long robes,

and love greetings in the markets, and the highest seats in the

synagogues, and the chief rooms at feasts;

which devour widows' houses, and for a show make long

prayers: the same shall receive greater judgement.' "

WW, so you were watching the craiggers party video, too? :biglaugh:

OMG, how we so worshipped them and thought they were right for insisting to sit in the best seats, go first in all the lines, ordering the nicestest suites, demanding special treatment. :( We fed those monstrous egos and so many still don't know how they devoured Mrs. W's house.

The rhinestone suit for VP's visit to Gunnison.

We barely had money left over to buy a package of K-Ma*t underwear for ourselves because of 15% ABS and seminars and countless weekend trips to Gunnison to work on the property or sit in a meeting (a six hour drive in our big van, not to mention going over the continental-freakin'-divide). But to make himself look good in Vic's eyes, the limb leader decided we all needed to present the doc with a rhinestone suit.

In that instance, I was not a cheerful giver.

Speaking of Head Table food, I wondered why they got regular salt and pepper while the rest of us only had sea salt, kelp and cayenne pepper. I was told it was Donna M who instigated those items for the staff. I used to hate using cayenne as regular pepper. There's a difference between. And kelp! GAK! That $h*t was disgusting!!

Whew, that would have been awfull to work all day and then have nothing to enjoy for supper.....

There was no taking into account some one working a hard job burned a heck of a lot more calories than someone sitting inside some climate controlled office at a desk.....

I suppose that there was a full evening of activities afterwards making it impossible to sneak away for something more substantial?

I got volunteered in Food Services quite a few times when I was on Staff. It used to nauseate me when they would pick out the BEST for the head tables. Why did it require someone to pick through the food to be sure to get the "most abundant" portions and best looking items for the head table? Wasn't it all supposed to be the BEST? Afterall, twi does everything the BEST, right........ROFLMAO!!!

Your talking about HQ? I am talking Emporia.

Yes I was at HQ.

I suppose that there was a full evening of activities afterwards making it impossible to sneak away for something more substantial?

Yeah, it was called MORE work! That when we worked A LOT of hours.

No reason to "sneak" away to try to find food... We had no money to spend on anything "extra". Oh, once in a while we might have a 50 cents or a dollor to buy popcorn, maybe even a burger after the SNS. But for the most part, dinner (supper) was IT. It was a mixed "blessing" to be asked to sit at the head table; you may get reamed for some idiot thing, or you had to do a good job pretending to be into the after-meal sermon, whatever. At least the head table was served more family style (take all you want). It did kinda suck to be a larger male, especially if you did hard work (shovelling rocks, picking up bricks, wire brushing the outside of buildings to remove the stains, etc...

Love without partiality. Yeah, leadership was real concerned about that ...

Edited by tomtuttle1

It did kinda suck to be a larger male, especially if you did hard work (shovelling rocks, picking up bricks, wire brushing the outside of buildings to remove the stains, etc...

Dana Kiing used to buy a tub of peanut butter with his $20 ... of course some managed to go out drinking on $20/month ... hmmmm .... maybe Pat was buying, or did the Bedard's supply booze at their apartment? I was never part of the in crowd I guess, so missed that shiit ... I was busy getting my aerobic points :eusa_clap: ... I caught up on the drinking later though : :drink:

Rise up o man of God, have done with "LESSER THINGS"...............

Give heart and soul and mind and stregnth,

to serve the One True God.

Lift HIGH the Word of God,

Tread where his feet have trod,

As brothers of the son of God, rise up of men of God....................

We had to sing this constantly before HE came out to teach....

I guess he thought it said

"Dressier things". :wink2:

Edited by bliss

have done with lesser things !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

what has the word cost YOU ?

what has it cost you, you jerk ?

wire brushing the outside of buildings to remove the stains, etc...
when they sold emporia, did they advertise it as "we have the cleanest buildings in town...." what a frikkin joke

excuse me i must go outside with a toothbrush and wash my house