GreaseSpot Cafe

What happened to the word??

ckmkeon

CW

you can't reason with someone who refuses to acknowledge that they MIGHT be working from a faulty knowledge base.

When you read posts from persons that are so disorganized in their thought processes, that they are in some parts almost illegible in terms of understanding them, it is time to let them paddle their little boat in thelr little pond all by themselves :dance:

The"faulty knowledge base" you do not like is Holy scriptures temple ,

Because you do not like the fact I quoted what Jesus christ says , it is faulty ???

DEATH IS AN ENEMY temple.

Because of your ignorance and lack of ability to counter point with scripture you call me names and insult me.

you make a statement then want every one to just worship what YOU siad as right and truth and when it is proved different from the Holy BIBLE you attack the poster.

you are a christian ? have you considered your behaver and character in what you do here?

God does.

study the words of the bible.

it cant get any easier to understand.

Pond If it is so easy to understand why can't you learn it.

Well you have just decided to take out most of the old testament because it does not agree with you. So what kind of bible do you have a Cather Bible. The book of Revelation has alot of things about how the world is going to end but I guess you just erased it. Though it is nice to disregard those sections that is the wrong thinking. The bible is here to show some things of the past, some of the things that we need to live a more abundant life, and things to come. There are sections in Revelation where God has no mercy on non believers. That whole part about being cast in the lake of fire comes to mind.

CK

P.S. Pond nobody knows what you are going to say next.

Edited by ckmkeon

I noted on the PFAL thread that I am currently reading a book called "Misquoting Jesus" which is about how the scriptures came to be and how they have changed and why.

I'm not a literalist

That, to me, is irrational

for those of your who are literalistic, I think if that brings you peace and comfort, it is a wonderful thing

you call me names

???? what names????

Edited by templelady

I have yet to meet a "Literalist".

Some claim to be . Untill they run into problems with the chapters and verse then they turn into "someting eles" .

many will say just take it on faith, when they do not understand . other will go into this deep profound word searching mind bending "research" that no one eles can understand, claiming a superiour enlightenment.

and on and on it goes, till each person finds their own peace in what they believe is good for them.

I think that is how it should be and is met to be .

I believe God is love. Jesus christ commands we love one another , not debate what doctrine we may or may not believe in .

It is very painful for me to believe that some can worship a God that would even remotely hurt anyone.

but again to each his own. people change we all have changed and wil continue to change how we think and/or believe till it is over.

I do not think agreeing on what the bible says is needed for friendships to form or to share prayer, but it would be very difficult for me to share a prayer with somone who thinks the God im praying to could kill me or anyone.

It would not help me in any manner and I would probably decline the offer altogether.

Jesus Christ will and does honor people where ever we are at. Because He loves us that much, while we yet sin .

WE can honor His caring comfort and gift of eternal life by doing the same towards one another, we can if the issues of doctrine take a back seat to what we each are commanded by the LORD to do.

A word study will be defined as each decide it can be. A small child is an example of what faith is to HIM, or a mustard seed.. pretty small effort is indicated for faith .

Faith can grow... but bigger is not 'better" . The POWER of God is a gift . free no strings attached.

I have personly found the learning of bible verses has helped me understand what life means to me, and I think that is a universal truth for everyone. But THE gift of eternal life and Holy Spirit is far removed from

chapter and verse and/ or its knowledge .

The relationship we each form with the LORD is an individual love affair, not a generic robotic formula.

I think we lessen the very power of God when we get caught up in the academics unneccesarily .

• 2 weeks later...

CK - I've try tied to be a little laid back in the spririt of Robert Hunter but your quote that the word is lost on this site is a little over the deep edge. TempleLady is closer than you even though I don't completely agree with her.

A) She is spot on about this site not being here to preserve the word. It is here for the people that got sucked into New Knoxville's BS and need a way out of a cult.

B) I am not sure what the phrase "The Word" means. Is it VPW's? LCM's? Is it God's? Damn sure know that the teachings I got in the 8th Corps didn't help me as much as common sense and human compassion did. The doctrine of TWI was NOT the Word... or at least what any sane person thinks "The Word" is...it raped and pillaged women and left men without their wives and families. It tore families apart and left them penniless in the name of "abundant sharing."

CK - tell the dolts at HQ to send all of the people whose lives they ripped apart 15 percent of their part time living and believe for the rest...Tell Rosalie that 15 percent of her income should go to the broken souls who post their hearts out on this site.

Oh yeah - Tell Platig that when he called that poor WOW girl in my house and told her not to marry the miltary guy that he was an &$*#(*. They're still happily married and have adorbable kids and lives... twenty years later. But probably they will be a "grease spot by midnight" because they go to a church now... just not the one in Ohio....

Wish I had Groucho's avatar right about now

The Word

is never lost, it may be ignored but it is always there because God will make sure of it.

This site can't make it go away, nor is this site here for that purpose, this site is to aide in making the erroneous word of VPW go away

The word has been lost in this site

CK

Yeah, The infalible Word of Wierwille. Even that is not completely lost due to the presence of a few folks who think VPW got everything right.

But you mean the Word of God don't you?

This is not a Christian site and as such should not be the place to look for The Word. GS Cafe is here to tell the "other side of the story" concering TWI. All are welcome here not just Bible believing Christians.

A laundrymat is where you wash your clothes. You wouldn't go looking for the Word at a laundrymat would ya? Why expect to find it here?

Why don't you look in your heart instead and see if you find it there?

ck, it's' just difficult to understand where you're coming from, because what you say changes from post to post. Maybe not what you mean, but what you write. Here's an example -

At one point you wrote:

Why do you think it is important to read Revelations?? When A few books back you look in

Thessanlonians 1st it says We are saved from the wrath to come,(I Thess 1:10) then in the same book it

says Jesus will descend from heaven to get us( I Thess 4:16,17). So then what more is for me to learn in

Revelations...

Then at another point you wrote:

I have also learned that Revelations is not important to us.

Then another place you wrote:

The book of Revelation has alot of things about how the world is going to end but I guess you just erased it. Though it is nice to disregard those sections that is the wrong thinking. The bible is here to show some things of the past, some of the things that we need to live a more abundant life, and things to come. There are sections in Revelation where God has no mercy on non believers. That whole part about being cast in the lake of fire comes to mind.

Please don't get confused by my use of the references to Revelations as having some hidden agenda or meaning that I really want you or anyone else to read Revelations and that's why I'm posting this. That's not my point.

It's just an example of how you picked out a mention of it and have referred to it several times, in opposing ways. You state it's not important, then say it it wrong to disregard sections and point out sections that you think are important, apparently only to make a point you want to make.

I'm just pointing this out, but I'm not going to get into it with you back and forth because I don't see it being worthwhile. You're studying the bible and pursuing it as you see fit is a good thing and I'd encourage it. Discussing it like this is kind of a vanity thing I think on your part more than anything. At least that's the way it appears. Best wishes.

I see you really like quoting me but In different situations I will make adjustments to the post. In that section the person I was speaking to totally disregarded what Revelation had to say about the end of time and the judgement of God. Though I really don't think Revelation is important. My learning is in thessalonians the real info is in there for our learing about the return. Revelation has truthes but I don't consider them to be written to me, when a person is saved Thessalonians is the truth for the end. Revelation is a account of what happened in Johns revelation. Therefore I hope that answers you question and if not look back (about Revelations)at the post and follow it till the end of the arguement and hopefully that will answer your question.

Someone mentioned the book of Revelation. Since there is a great deal of ignorance on this book and this is a book that I have studied I thought I should offer my comments. The problem is not the book of Revelation. The problem is that people look at the figurative language and try to pinpoint it for particular historical events whether it be in the future, past or present. The real truth, in my opinion, is that the unclear and figurative language of this book of the bible strongly suggests that it describes incidents in a more general nature that are repeated throughout history. For example, persecution and death. We already have had a boatload of historically recorded persecution and death dating back to the time the book of Revelation was written in the first century until today, with mass murder in one form or another somewhere on earth in every century since. The good news is that in spite of the persecution, the book of Revelation has a happy ending. The new heaven and earth where righteousness will reign supreme and God will be all in all.

YES peolpe can not go any further than what they have been taught ...

What if a student winds up being smarter than the teacher or discovers errors in the teacher's doctrine? How would discoveries be made or technology improved or even invented - if people can't go beyond what they're taught? Who came up with that slogan anyway? Well...I bet it was from someone who never had an original thought... In my opinion - the type of person who would believe that slogan is someone that doesn't think for themselves.

Edited by T-Bone

What if a student winds up being smarter than the teacher or discovers errors in the teacher's doctrine? How would discoveries be made or technology improved or even invented - if people can't go beyond what they're taught? Who came up with that slogan anyway?

So what, and what happens if the teacher is smarter than the student and the student thinks he/she is smarter. Then everyone is smarter than everyone else. What happens then, the answer is the student then becomes unteachable. There are more instances where the student thinks they are smarter and they are really not. Then they close off all teaching from there teacher.

The student looks for errors when they think there is something wrong, I don't think there is a problem. If you are saying that I am the student then I will not look for errors in VPW's work because I have not learned what I need therefore I am still the student.

How would discoveries be made or technology improved or even invented

By revelation by either God or the Devil

CK

Edited by ckmkeon

Actually, CK - I was asking if you've ever heard of critical thinking or creative thinking?

T-Bone asked: "How would discoveries be made or technology improved or even invented..."

ckmkeon replied: "By revelation by either God or the Devil"

CK, please provide scriptural references for the above statement in green.

Edited by T-Bone

Quick brushup:

ckmkeon: "peolpe can not go any further than what they have been taught."

A statement.

(A statement of vpw's to be specific, which the speaker has not seen the flaws

in, unlike many of the GSC posters.)

T-Bone is one such poster.

Pointing out ONE flaw in mindlessly absorbing such statements without evaluating

them, T-Bone said

"What if a STUDENT winds up being smarter than the TEACHER or discovers errors in the

teacher's doctrine?"

(That BOTH happen is a matter of historical record.

My high school has a mural right at the entrance.

You can see it for maybe 5 minutes as you approach the main entrance.

There's a saying directly below it, in big, bold letters.

"EVERY ADVANCEMENT IN CIVILIZATION HAS BEEN BROUGHT ABOUT BY A NEW

AUDACITY IN IMAGINATION."

It's public knowledge that civilization DEPENDS on students surpassing

teachers or discovering errors in their doctrine.)

T-Bone added "How would discoveries be made or technology improved or even invented-

if people can't go beyond what they're taught?"

That people DO beyond what they're taught-and often-is common knowledge.

That IS how all of these are accomplished.

T-Bone's commentary on the above?

"Who came up with that slogan anyway? Well....I bet it was from someone who

NEVER HAD AN ORIGINAL THOUGHT...In my opinion-the type of person who would

believe that slogan is someone that DOESN'T THINK FOR THEMSELVES."

So, how did ckmkeon address

"What if the student winds up being smarter than the teacher or discovers errors in the

teacher's doctrine? How would discoveries be made or technology improved or even

invented- if people can't go beyond what they're taught?"

ckmkeon's response:

"So what"

Well, T-Bone's been intellectually thrashed on the debating floor, has he not?

The whole of civilization and its advancements? "So what?"

They don't matter.

Mind you, they don't matter to a person using a computer-which was developed

in thousands of steps of design, improvement and manufacture-

and it was posted on the internet-which was developed in hundreds of steps off

of ARPANET, which itself was developed in hundreds of steps.

And both were powered by electricity, using principles invented by

Nikola Tesla, who wound up being smarter than his teachers, and invented a

process which is STILL the standard for electricity in the US and worldwide?

Nikola Tesla went beyond what he was taught.

However, to ckmkeon, the internet, computers and electricity, without which

he'd starve in the dark, bored to death, they're irrelevant.

"So what?"

ck continued to "address" this issue of students surpassing teachers.

"So what, and what happens if the teacher is smarter than the student and the student

thinks he/she is smarter...there are more instances where the student THINKS they are

smarter and they are really not. Then they close off all teaching from there teacher."

This is called "dodging" and "changing the subject."

Since ckmkeon didn't have an intelligent response surpassing "so what?",

he pretended there WAS no unaddressed issue of

students surpassing their teachers as a cornerstone of society

and changed the subject,

intending to turn it into a "subtle dig" on the posters here.

They surpassed the man who claimed to be THE Teacher.

How dare they think for themselves and challenge the suppositions of a man who

was born with an overabundance of brains and brawn, who made the earth shake

when he walked?

However, he did make an attempt to make a partial answer.

To "How would discoveries be made or technology improved or even invented?"

ck replied

"By revelation by either God or the Devil."

So, we owe computers, the internet, electricity, toilet paper, etc, to either

God, the Devil, or both-

NEVER to the ingenuity of an inventor thinking differently from everyone

and making something that lasted as a result-NOT ONCE.

T-Bone has asked him to support this claim.

Will ck support his bald assertion?

My prediction is we'll see more of the above, or a variation of what we've

seen before-

1) changes of subject

2) ducking the question entirely

3) belittling the question

4) insulting the questioner

and that's about it.

Might ck actually attempt to support his statement in some way?

It's possible, but I just don't consider it LIKELY.

Whenever he does-like this "God & Devil made all technology" thing-

he raises a bigger question than the one he answered

("How did humans ever invent ANYTHING if vpw's ridiculous claim

is true?")

It's straight out of the "there was an old woman that swallowed a fly"

school of answering questions.

(Each answer was worse than the previous question.)

===

Actually, CK - I was asking if you've ever heard of critical thinking or creative thinking?

T-Bone asked: "How would discoveries be made or technology improved or even invented..."

ckmkeon replied: "By revelation by either God or the Devil"

CK, please provide scriptural references for the above statement in green.