GreaseSpot Cafe

Guitar Talk

socks

Hey all Blues fans-Jeff Healey just opened up a new club called Healey's Roadhouse here in To. this weekend. He's planning to have top name groups from all over come in and rock the house. Anyone game? Come visit. Some of us have seen him several times and also met him. He's a great guy, glad to see he is doing so well. He also does a jazz thing every Sat. afternoon which is very cool.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PB...

here you go... .it's early JEFF but I think you'll enjoy this!!!

Here is Jeff...

He goes a little wonky at the end.. but he's got music pouring outta every pore!!!

this other one is certainly dated... but a known one.

enjoy.

i have seen him in this band on saturdays that PB speaks of.. .believe you me... it's worth the trip to TO to see it...

Enjoy.

g

Edited by A la prochaine

Yup --the link initially took me to some biology/medical page! :blink: :blink:

Seeing there was nothing about *surgical precision* concerning guitars,

I thought i'd better see if I could *remedy* the situation. :)

(Ps -- Nice touch he has there!!!)

(PPs -- I took the hit, and am at the top of the page this time.)

:doh:

Jeff Healey - great stuff!

Does anyone else here watch TV? Sure, you do. Seen the Target commercial? There's a song they're using by Goldfrap, which is a British artist, young lady, don't know much about it/her/them. But the song title is "Fly Me Away", and is on my listen-box these days. I'm a sucker for these kinds of pop tunes, but it seems to have that Universal Hook Mojo going for it. :dance: No guitar but some interesting synth sounds. It would have a lot of room for guitar parts though.

Hmmm...Jack Mack and the Heart Attack have been around a long time. A poster on this board brought them up but I can't find the post, and I'm ashamed to say I can't remember their ID. :redface2: :( But, at the time it reminded me of them, hadn't heard them in ages. Their guitarist is Andrew Kastner and he plays some really nice stuff, soul, r and b jazzy kind of sound. I really their stuff, you might too if you haven't checked 'em out. I gotta clip around here somewhere.

By the way...

I sure do luv you guys. :)

Christmas is just a week away!!!!!!!!

Wow. Happy times for all, I hope. The year is coming to a close, new one coming on.

Life is cool when it doesn't suck. And it hasn't for quite awhile. :dance::dance::dance:

Gonna post this quick, so I'm not at the *top-of-the-page-again*.

Woops -- just checked post numbers on this page, and I see we have a few more posts to go.

whewwwwwwwww!! :biglaugh:

(Personally -- I think ChattyKathy has a real *ministry* going on with that top-of-the-page thing.)

She's a natural. Does it with grace and style. Totally oblivious to the 5-senses aspect.

Leading us all into the next twenty posts, while claiming she doesn't belong there.

Ahhhh -- the humility! The *I'm not worthy* attitude. Christian leaders -- take *note*! :nono5:

Meebe TOTP is a *lost/ hidden* gift ministry --

belonging right in there with evangelists, apostles, prophets, pastors and teachers.

What was Paul thinking when he wrote Ephesians, anyhoo??

How could he exclude those at the Top Of The Page,

while lauding apostles, evangelisists, prophets, pastors and teachers???

Oh --wait a minute -- he was always at the top of the page,

bottom of the page, middle of the page. Nemmermind. ;)

But I digress -- here's my original intent for posting this here ---

I just remembered that there is a Fender guitar in a pawn shop here, that I never did get to check out.

I was going to do that before I left on Thanksgiving week for Indiana --

but ran short on time, so I never did.

I wonder/ hope they still have it. I liked the looks of it.

They have amps there to plug it into, so if it's still there --

I'll be checking it out in the next day or two.

Speaking of guitars-have you heard about a program called -Band in a Box? I've been using it for years. It's a great program for any musician. You type in the chords and it will add the bass, drums, piano etc. for almost any style of music you want. You can loop and do hundreds of things with it. Great for developing solo work. It's available on pgmusic.com. They have a great help forum too.

Edited by polar bear

Feel the love! I think Chatty does too, dmiller. In fact, Dan_InvisibleOne posted on Montanus in another thread and it made me think, we may need some Guitarophesses here, we certainly have the women for it. Would a collection of female deities add to this already high-value thread? I pose the question for group consideration. A voting council made up of prospective Guitarophesses will finalize the decision, yae or nae.

Ive crossed the line, I know. Im back.

Band in a Box - I have read about it polar bear but never used it. You like it? It would be cool to hear some of what it creates. Ive read good things about it.

I don't know how many guitaresses are at GSC but here is the short end of a long list of some that are worthy of discussion :

1) Joanna Conner

2) Deborah Coleman

3) Debbie Davies

4)Del Ray

5)The late Etta Baker

OOPS!-----Almost forgot Bonnie( Does she really need a last name anymore?)

Lita Ford. That's the stuff!

I only have a smattering of a squip of a scap of knowledge of Ford, but she sure can hold that guitar!! :biglaugh:

Actually, she sounds quite proficient and danged good at that kind of stuff.

dmiller, I think the TOTP ministry may be one of the greats! Somewhere right up there with the "Last Post" ministry! It takes guts to be the last, and it takes guts to be on top. :blink: That didn't sound right, did it? But the Top certainly affords some fine views if only for a time!

I hope that Fender is still there. :)