GreaseSpot Cafe

Guitar Talk

socks

That classical stuff is nice, Evan. I don't follow Liona or Ana. What's the differences? Theyr'e both attractive, young, is Ana younger? Saw a photo of Liona just now on Wikipedia, and I like the way she holds that guitar too. They seem to play extremely well.

I'm probably prejudiced as my daughter plays, but I think there's a big place for female guitarists. They're hands are usually well suited for the instrument, esthetically there's a fit there, musically, emotionally.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@#$%##!!!!

Is it just my connection or is the internet being really tweaky today? Holiday traffic? It takes me several tries to get a post up and then a couple have just sat. Seems to be working - eventually. :asdf:

Anyway, yeah. Bluzeman, that other tune is very nice. I can't seem to get more than one reply going from PM, and then I have to joggle back and forth to get to another one. :realmad::realmad::realmad: Happns on everything. Have to get my flashlight out and coveralls and get under the hood on my network, see what's going on. :unsure:

That classical stuff is nice, Evan. I don't follow Liona or Ana. What's the differences? Theyr'e both attractive, young, is Ana younger? Saw a photo of Liona just now on Wikipedia, and I like the way she holds that guitar too. They seem to play extremely well.

I'm probably prejudiced as my daughter plays, but I think there's a big place for female guitarists. They're hands are usually well suited for the instrument, esthetically there's a fit there, musically, emotionally.

Let's see, Liona is nearing 60 and Ana is under 25. Liona cultivated a reputation as a sex kitten, was Pierre Trudeau's longtime paramour along with a host of other notables.

Ana, on the other hand is still studying, was a child prodigy, and is a serious-minded Croat virtuoso with technique from here to kingdom come.

I'm glad your daughter plays...

@#$%##!!!!

Is it just my connection or is the internet being really tweaky today? Holiday traffic? It takes me several tries to get a post up and then a couple have just sat. Seems to be working - eventually. :asdf:

Hmmmm. Must be on your end.

I just got a *speeding ticket* here on the information highway!

:biglaugh:

Hummmmmmm-Ana serious minded. That's the same why I see it. Too serious, I know what kind of committment it takes to play at that level. You have no life. I got a little serious about it one time. It's like being in twi, it sucks all the life out of you. Music should be fun!!!!!!!!!!! My Point-Don't get too serious, life passes you by too fast.

"Liona cultivated a reputation as a sex kitten, was Pierre Trudeau's longtime paramour along with a host of other notables."

What's this got to do with her playing??

I'm sure many of the men guitarists who have been mentioned here have had very sordid pasts as well... does that have anything to do with their abilities???

Edited by A la prochaine

Yah, dmiller. Things seem moderately normal now. There may have been too much tinsel in the wireless path. Usually it's pretty fast, no prob's. I still get a slight delay on this upstairs 'puter, but the downstairs Death Star is fully operational and moving along according to plan. :spy: It's just here on Naboo I'm getting the flim-flam.

I must have seen an old picture of Liona, or else she's aging QUITE gracefully. Yeah, it's an old picture, I guess, at second glance.

I dunno, These photos here from 2005 or so look pretty nifty.

My wife's been blessed with "youth" genes. She looks 30 and she's, well, she's over 30. So I'm a terrible guage-r of age. I look 90 and I'm only, well, I'm only 30. But even for 90 I don't look right. Dunno. So it goes.

Rick----I don't "ignore" your audio posts, I just don't have the technical capabilities to enjoy them.

I'm gonna have to kick my son in the pants and have him get some of this stuff fixed. Of course if he sees this post, my goose is cooked and I'll be "text only" for a long time. :biglaugh: PM me if you are playing somewhere in the central Ohio area. I would love to get out and cheer you on.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

I hope everyone has a great holiday. We're steering the Enterprise Sock to home base, with a planned excursion to a nearby settlement of family tomorrow. There is peace in the Federation and it's outposts! A Klingon Peace Pact has been signed, fragile but we have high hopes!!!

All of our love to everyone. Be safe and warm!!!

thanks for moving this back up CK...

Chas is wondering if anyone got any music or guitar related gifts for Christmas?

Hubby got a neat Encyclopedia of Guitars - it's like an A-Z of guitars by maker. I call it his "Sears Wishbook"...

I also got him the Rolling Stone Encyclopedia of Rock and Roll - very interesting.

He got me a video iPod - very nice. I love my new toy - I have two iPods now. Damn handy things!

What did Santa bring you?

Now, about those audio posts....

I don't often listen to them because I'm usually working when I'm in here and already am plugged into something...

My business has turned into one of transcribing meeting minutes for the town and school boards where I live. It's a tedious job but gets interesting at times, as small town politics can be... I listen to audio files - recorded by my handy-dandy iPod - and when there's long breaks in the action I surf, shop, read greasspot, etc. But can't launch anything else for the most part.

Some day, I'll catch up on them - it's just not possible.

I'm usually up until about 1am every night, during the regular school week, typing minutes. If I listened to all the audio files, I'd never sleep.

It's nothing personal - it's just a choice I have to make right now.

Things will change and I'll try to keep up then - I just can't possibly do it now.

Thanks for understanding.

I love youse guyz.

-K

"what did ya get fer Christmas?"

I got some CD's I"ve been wanting.

"Snake Dancincing Through Gods' Barnyard"---------Rock Bottom

"Live At The Big Bend Blues Fest"----------------------The Blues Disciples

"Wake Up and Worry"-----------------------------------Mitch Kashmar

"Electric Mud"--------------------------------------------Muddy Waters

I've replaced that "Electric Mud" about 5 times now because every time I lend it out, it seems to disappear. I really don't mind though because it's like the tree falling in the forrest analogy. If it's really good stuff and you don't turn other people on to it, is it really worth listening to?

I decided to get myself a little practice amp too. Nothing too exciting. It's a Pignose 30W bass amp. Also gonna get some new strings for my bass and some reed plates for some of my harps.

OK. If that didn't put you to sleep, you might want to try some warm milk-----YAWN.