GreaseSpot Cafe

Went to "The Way" on sunday (at headquarters)

ckmkeon

It is called the PREVAILING WORD AUDITORIUM now Rascal.

As a matter of fact, one of the reasons I left TWI is because of the obsessive use of the word "PREVAIL"

If I hear it one more time!!!!!......................

"And now for the prevailing power in the promised land of the prevailing word will now prevail in this day and time........................."

CK- if this is true, it is sad. :realmad:

Don't they know that almost all mark and avoid folks were "wrongly" let go..........????

If they were all about the "love" now, they would throw away that list and welcome everyone with open arms.

But, I digress, you can't build a love house on sand................

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a group of women--dear friends to me--who meet with several other women once a week and Knit. Every week they go to a different home and they knit and they talk. There are about 10 women in this circle and they never ask anyone else to join. It's understood that these 10 women, who have been doing this for years, view this as a second mini family where they can relax and let their hair down.

A ministry is supposed to spread the "Good news" and RECONCILE THE SINNER (think Prodigal son) TWI is a glorified "knitting circle" and the Prodigal Son best forget about ever trying to come home.

SO tell me --what is Heavenly Father going to say as he looks at 1) the prodigal sons who wanted to come home but weren't allowed and 2) the Ministry , TWI, who barred the doors--who do you think he is going to be most displeased with????????

so Mo..what is the view of the Mormon church towards all the differn't splinter Mormon groups, i.e. the reformed Mormon church etcc..I think there are about 15 big ones. and would they be warmly welcomed at any of your sevices..I don't think so.

I don't mind you proffering your church on the forums but please remember the pot and kettle scenario.

Allen--Just where in my post did I refer to the LDS Church?--This Isn't About the LDS church--

But since you asked ---

ANYONE is welcome at an LDS church service and that means ANYONE. You see no one is ever going to ask you when you walk through the door if you are LDS.

They will ask "Are you new Here?" to which a response to "just visiting/looking/ wanted to see what it was like ", will be - "well Welcome, We are glad to have you--enjoy the Service"

Oh, and the Bishop will be told you are there--Why? so he can personally come over and introduce himself and meet you and bid you welcome. Don't be surprised when other members seeing an unfamiliar face walk over to shake hands and Say Hi and welcome either--that's how we do things.

In my ward we have a member married to an agnostic--the agnostic attends regualrly with his family and often helps out with activities, such as youth night , picnics etc. The agnostic is respected and well liked , of course we would like said agnostic to become a believer--but turn said person away because they are agnostic -- NEVER HAPPEN

Edited by templelady

Pond,That is your thoughts,and you are entitled to them,Twi is not or ever will be concerned about people,It

is like loy said,it is a corporation designed to make money,The love of money motivates twi,not the love

of god.Heck I am nt bitter,Thank god for this forum,I and anyone else is entitled to thier thoughts.

Twi should not have to keep lists,What? A evil old over 50 corpse might cayse a problem?Twi do not flatter

yourself. :offtopic

I am glad people fellowship,The reading of teachings get me though,Boring,Some of the greater things in my life has been done by inspiration.

templelady said 'I know a group of women--dear friends to me--who meet with several other women once a week and Knit. Every week they go to a different home and they knit and they talk. There are about 10 women in this circle and they never ask anyone else to join. It's understood that these 10 women, who have been doing this for years, view this as a second mini family where they can relax and let their hair down."

Please, Templelady, do not compare twi with a knitting group!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You disgrace knitters everywhere, myself included!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink2:

I couldnt help myself!!

Praise the lord I walked away 11 1/2 years ago. :)

But since you asked ---

ANYONE is welcome at an LDS church service and that means ANYONE. You see no one is ever going to ask you when you walk through the door if you are LDS.

They will ask "Are you new Here?" to which a response to "just visiting/looking/ wanted to see what it was like ", will be - "well Welcome, We are glad to have you--enjoy the Service"

Oh, and the Bishop will be told you are there--Why? so he can personally come over and introduce himself and meet you and bid you welcome. Don't be surprised when other members seeing an unfamiliar face walk over to shake hands and Say Hi and welcome either--that's how we do things.

Hey Allan -- Mo's church sounds more christian and loving than twi. :eusa_clap:

My understanding is that anybody can go back, if they want.

If one was M&A, one needs to get off the M&A list

So pray tell how does one get off the Mark and Avoid list if the people that have to Undue the mark and Avoid refuse to communicate with the Marked and Avoided because they are to avoid them because they are marked???

Say I write to HQ and say I Maureen Dilley wish to become Unmarked and Unavoided.

HQ worker: ARGHHHHHHHH it's from that Dilley Person

HQ worker2: ARGHHHHHHHHH we are to avoid her

HQworker 3: Quick toss that Debil spurt influenced letter in the trash

Enter RR: What is all the noise about

Workers: That MAureen DIlley .............

RR: NOT ANOTHER WORD!!!! SHe is Marked and Avoided--You need to renew your minds to the present prevailing truth. It is clearly your lack of believing that allowed that letter to be delivered to this building in the first place...........

So WGB how about having who ever is running a Fellowship here in Anchorage call 907-278-7844 and invite me over some night. I'll be waiting for that call

Edited by templelady

Sorry, I don't get it, pond. Won't be the first time.

twi is the same it has always been . with less people maybe.

no they do not need to address your problems with what went wrong.

and they do not have to.

Im glad it is still going strong in new knoxville and I do wish them the best.

God be glorified within the prayers and love of those who serve and love Jesus Christ.

I am not going to a service, Im now paranid of "services" because of my involvement in twi.

ironic isnt it? I have had several oppurtunities to "go back" and I have been marked and avoided .

they do not hold grudges against all that happened in fact they really do not want to talk about the "past" alot

Just doesn't make sense, unless I'm misunderstanding you.

TWI's the same as it's alway been, just smaller......and

Your involvement in TWI has made you paranoide of going to "services".

Sooooo, where's the good in that? If it's the same ministry as the ministry made you paranoid about ever participating in a church service again, it wan't very good, was it? What am I missing?

I would completely disagree that the Way doesn't need to address problems with "what went wrong". Of course they don't have to and they're obviously not going to. But - if something went wrong, wouldn't it make sense to try to determine what it was and learn from it? It would be in their own best interests to do so. That would be better than turning a blind eye to it.

Contrary to some opinion, some of us who participate in discussing what "went wrong" with the Way do so in the hope that those still in the Way might one day take a second or third look at who they are and what they've done and are doing and learn from it. That would be much better than simply leaving them to wallow in their failure. And yes, compared to the dynamic ministry it once was, they're a failure, a burnt out ember of a fire that once blazed.

The Way ignores it. That's just plain stupid IMO. But it's their stupidity, not mine. Of course they don't worry about it - it's called a "seared conscience", one burned over so many times the scar tissue gets so tough it doesn't feel anything anymore. Some people think scars look cool. Getting them isn't.

Im glad it is still going strong in new knoxville and I do wish them the best.

I am not going to a service, Im now paranid of "services" because of my involvement in twi.

lets just hope it gets beter and better.

lol

You are glad it is still going strong??????

If this is true Pond, you should go back, they would welcome you with open arms.

You didn't make sense, and I am sorry if I am misunderstanding.

I pray for them too..............................that they can be quiet just long enough for God to whisper.................."GET OUT"!

They brought out a list from behind the table (I could see the list) that said 9th Family Corp and it was about 30 pages long. Then in different compartments in the table they had each corp with a label marked "Mark and Avoid" Everyone is required to sign in at the registration desk where they check all of the names of previous members.

CK

CK,

Thanks for starting this thread and sharing your experience.

Have you heard of the WayGB........those twi staffers who come to Greasespot and check us out? These guys take notes and names......trying to thwart one's liberty and expose them.

BEWARE.........the WayGB might be phoning your parents real soon. They do NOT want you going to hq and then, later, posting on GS.

Take caution..............and take care. :)

Okay... this is obvious... I would have thought someone would have posted on this by now... but... here it goes...

IF THERE ARE NO MEMBERS OF THE WAY, PER HOWARD ALLEN, ET AL, THEN WHAT DOES HQ HAVE FOR A LIST OF MEMBERS THEY ARE CHECKING?

Furthermore....

IF THEY HAVE A LIST OF MEMBERS, THEN *why* DO THEY NEVER ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT THE TOTAL NUMBER OF MEMBERS IN TWI?

(probably because they are embarassed about the headcount OR perhaps the numbers are different in the books they present to the IRS or other auditors... ya think?)

Something is just not right with this thread. I just have to wonder why ck always talks about how good twi is then post with a tounge in cheek of how good it was and yet how screwed up it is(SNS). This is NOT a slam against you ck but it seemes that chunks of information was thrown into your first post. Me myself am just not taking the bait.

And........I'm wondering why the 'list' would be called Mark and Avoid. Aren't there differant catagories of heathen. DFAC, M&A, etc.

What about the general losers like myself who would be labeled LQBMTM or "Left quietly; big mouth, trouble maker". :wave:

One list titled M & A?

Hmmmmm

Edited by Shellon Fockler-North

"Why say I am wasting my youth? I'm not in "The Way".---Quote by CKM

"I believe the way is corrupt"---Quote by CKM

Just curious, CKM...if the above two statements are true, how did you happen to go to HQ?

Were you invited? Did you go with your parents? You've said some good things about TWI under VPW, and bad things about the current rule and ruler: so, why go?

Jest wondering.

I wonder if when one shows up and one were to give a fake name, would they then ask for identification? I have no doubt I am M and A, so what if I wore a gray hair wig or something andf gave a different name? Man, that would be too weird...

Shoot, I remember the first time I went to a teaching in the BRC. It was Easter Sunday in 1976. Walter Cummins taught, and it was a fine morning and I was treated like gold. Loved us. Ralph D took me under his wing, found John Kn*ve for me (the person I was told to contact and who would then therefore find me a place to stay), and I ended up staying in NK town with John Kn, John T*rn*er, and N*ck R*tt*r. They took us to Adolphs and we had huges stacks of hotcakes. No one really cared about who we were, we were just flat out "welcome at The Way". We (my 18 year old buddy and I) were simply referred to as "those two new guys from Maryland". Curiously though, I do remember D*l D*nc*n quizzing us about who we were when we wandered about HQ grounds without our name tags, but then, Uncle Harry came to our rescue, put his arms around us and took us down below the BRC and kindly told the cooks to; "Get these boys something to eat! Two hamburgers apiece for 'em! Heh heh heh..."

Yeah, it really was a far different ministry back in those days. Far kinder, and I do believe that love lived there for awhile. I would hate to go back and I never will. To see what it has become would just be too much. All of the few remaining "old ones" acting like such stupid automatons would just be too damned weird. Security check? Whatever happened to the concept of "walking with God"? in order to know if there was a "miscreant" in the midst? Well, that was a rhetorical question....

So pray tell how does one get off the Mark and Avoid list if the people that have to Undue the mark and Avoid refuse to communicate with the Marked and Avoided because they are to avoid them because they are marked???

Mo, if you are no longer causing divisions and annoyances you may be eligible for reinstatement.

Huh.

And how many wayfers have sat in a courtroom and testified that twi has no "mark and avoid" policy? (the custody case, the Allen case, others?)

What a pit of vipers these people are.

"Welcome to the Way. We are so glad you are here. Please step up to the scanner... we just need to make sure you have no brain, heart, or backbone before we can allow you the privilege of listening to our christian elevator music and our packaged sermons."

I would love to be able to attend a SNS with a hidden camera... get a good shot of these screening policies... but there are too many folks at HQ that would recognize me on sight and know I'm an ex-er. I doubt I would make it across the parking lot, let alone inside the auditorium or up to the check-list table!