GreaseSpot Cafe

The famous clergy meeting...

GrouchoMarxJr

now Rascal... calm down there... practice your Jedi Knowles Breathing...

young ck has already told us that he believes what his parents have told him above all else...

I sure would like to hear from these "parents"... or do they really even exist?

I bet ck has parents. :biglaugh: Seroiusly though. I don't think we need to wonder if his parents were in. I think more we need to think along the lines of how deeply they were in. ie. way corps, advanced class grads, did they work at HQ or know the higher ups personally. If they basically just went to twig I am sure they knew nothing of what happened. After all I was at HQ when these things were going on and had no clue about the abuses. I did hear things but that was more hearsay or so I thought. It took Way Dale for me to finally find out what happened. So if his parents don't know they may still believe the twi is a good place. I will give ck the benifit of the doubt here. CK seems to be here to figure things out for himself. I am not defending ck but atleast he is willing to talk about it and what he believes. It is totally up to him why he believes what he believes. I don't agree with it(what he believes) but he has shared about his trip to SNS @ HQ so I do not see why he would fibbin about his parents being in.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you're correct burning man... he's just practicing the old standard "think no evil" of leadership, it's in the past what's the profit? ...every 'church' has it's problems, etc, etc... the things that TWI tries to ingraine in everyone's mind so there'll be no questioning, no doubt...

but it's also OK for folks to point out that these things that he 'believes' are fallacies and outright lies... and IIRC when he started posting his views here, folks tried to gently help him out and his response was to act like a bratty know it all kid and challenge (in a not so polite manner) everyone's opinion that didn't agree with his...

Edited by Tom Strange

Oh Loafing, I have NO doubt that his folks are ex wafers...probably very nice people at that.....

What I take issue with is that if they ever had any actual dealings with Chris Geer or VPW in person.

These people, as genuine as their motives undoubtedly are....are ignorant of what they continue to promote....and now a new genereation is being infected.

It is irresponsible to promote teachings/dogma when there is some doubt as to the spiritual healthiness of the individuals that presented it in the first place.

I`d like to see ck wake up and do his own investigating, rather than mindlessly swallow the pablum that he has been spoon fed all of his life.

Edited by rascal

Either your parents are completely ignorant regarding the truth in this situation, or they are complicit in the evil practiced by these two individuals...
I agree with that Rascal. That was sort of my point I was at HQ for some time and was ignorant of what was going on. That is why I also wanted to as how "deep" his parents were in. My guess is not real "deep" since his dad had to be cleared to go to SNS.
Keep this in mind CK, you personally are defending evil...you personally are promoting a man`s doctrines, one who practiced great evil...another who still is very evil...even if it is with the best of intentions

I just think he is going to have to come to this conclusion too. Maybe he will maybe he wont. Right now I think he just thinks of the words that came out of these peoples mouths and has not relized yet the men or their motives behind the words they spoke. JMHO

Edited by justloafing

Oh Loafing, I have NO doubt that his folks are ex wafers...probably very nice people at that.....

What I take issue with is that if they ever had any actual dealings with Chris Geer or VPW in person.

These people, as genuine as their motives undoubtedly are....are ignorant of what they continue to promote....and now a new genereation is being infected.

Wouldn't surprise me abit.

I've run into ex-wayers like that..........bought into the religious droning of pfal and NEVER met vpw in person or attended events on twi property. And, the old green & black bumper stickers of "The Way" are a fixation to their car......and they've catalogued the sunday teaching tapes in meticulous fashion.

They hole up in some deserted town in the middle of nowhere.......and think that they're "preserving the word" for the next generation. It's a zombie fanaticism and existence.

And yes................the kids are infected with the same disease.

I will think the very best of Rev. Geer. I will think the very best of you and everybody on this thread.

That certainly isn't reflected so far by you posting in a kind and civil

fashion, let alone a "loving" one. If you're "thinking the very best"

of me, your words TO me will reflect that.

Rev. Geer taught to the best of his ability. I will defend Rev. Geer and VPW till my fingers turn to bone. They are both men of God that have or is doing God's will.

I met cg. I had time to interact with him. I scrutinized him and observed

him diligently, looking for signs of improper response, etc.

I found none.

That was MY personal experience.

Now, then, MY personal experience counts for something,

but it's the AGGREGATE of personal experiences that count for MORE.

So, when I heard that a number of people had spent a lot MORE time

with cg than I did, in situations where he did not control all the variables,

and that their experiences were VERY different from mine,

did I say "no, you all must be liars and thinking evil of him?"

No, I added what THEY knew to what I knew. I said that he presented

himself different ways to different people.

Now, then,

you're taking the report you have of TWO people-which, by definition,

is limited to what the two people saw and heard-

and completely disregarding the eyewitness reports who were where

they were not, and saw what they did not, and heard what they

did not.

Do you realize how silly this is?

Let's say you lived in Texas, and had kids.

You hired Pogo the Clown to entertain at some of their

birthday parties. No problem, everyone was entertained.

Besides, the guy in the suit was a nice guy-he'd been in

the Boy Scouts when younger, and was in the Jaycees as an

adult-as well as the Chi Rho Club and other community

service organizations.

According to a number of people, he's a nice guy.

HOWEVER,

this guy, John Wayne Gacy Jr,

killed 33 boys and adolescent males,

(after torturing and raping them)

and was sentenced to death by lethal injection.

When faced with his one surviving victim-who escaped handcuffs and

identified him for the police- Gacy said

"You're the only one that ever got out of these and got them on me."

He also said later

"The only thing they can get me for is running a funeral parlor without

a license."

So,

just because a few people who saw him casually thought he was a nice guy,

did NOT mean he WAS a nice guy.

Just because your parents saw vpw and cg-AT A DISTANCE and under

conditions controlled by vpw and cg- does NOT mean they know all their

is to know about them. For all they know, either or both is guilty of

murder, or rape.

What I remember hearing is that he brushed his suit coat aside,

revealing the pistol, while he was up at the podium.

As I said -- I wasn't there, but the person who told me this was.

2nd hand info on my part (certainly), and it could just be a stow-ree,

but ~~~~~~~ Hmmmm.

AND, I am not defending the man. But since I was there, and since this "issue of brandishing a pistolo" has come up, and no one here actually saw it, I wonder about the claim, that's all.

I DO know that CG was very severe, accused many of the clergy of being posessed, and I was seriously disappointed in the fact that he taught one night, then flew back to Scotland the next night, leaving us with a tape of his "thoughts on the matter". I think that the implied emphasis was that we were to "go to God on the matter, get actual revelation on the situation, and figure out what God really wanted each of us to do as a gift minister". And if we were unable to do this, then, so be it. Drift off into oblivion...

And, here I am, in the Wilds Of Alaska, with my beautiful wife and precious children, waiting for Old Gabriel to blow that

horn! :)

Edited by Jonny Lingo

Jonny -- your last post (and drifting off), reminded me of this song ---

Tumbling Tumbleweeds ---

Perry Como ~ Mr. Saturday Night!

See them tumbling down,

Pledging their love to the ground!

Lonely, but free, I'll be found,

Drifting along with the tumbling tumbleweeds . . .

Cares of the past are behind,

Nowhere to go, but I'll find,

Just where the trail will wind,

Drifting along with the tumblin' tumbleweeds . . .

I know when night is gone,

That a new world's born at dawn!

I'll keep rolling along,

Deep in my heart as a song,

Here on the range I belong,

Drifting along with the tumbling tumbleweeds . . .

( Tumbleweeds, tumbleweeds!

See them tumbling down,

Pledging their love to the ground! )

Lonely, but free, I'll be found,

I know ( I Know! ) when night is gone ( hmmm . . . )

That a new world's born at dawn!

I'll keep rolling along,

Deep in my heart as a song,

Here on the range I belong,

( Drifting along with the tumbling tumbleweeds . . . )

( Tumbleweeds, tumbleweeds . . . )

Tumble . . . weeds . . .

Words and Music

by Bob Nolan, 1934

Original RCA RecordingVinyl Version

Edited by dmiller

The gun.

I was there, never saw the gun.

I've never talked to anyone there who said they saw ... the gun. And after the meeting where...the gun appeared, no one that I spoke to or saw later was talking about...the gun.

I never heard about...the gun...until Waydale and then here. So I dunno...

Was there...a gun?

I don't know. If someone I knew said that there was, I'd probably believe them. I was back several rows, couple three seats in from the aisle, so my view may have been blocked at key times.

I don't really care, but I guess I care enough to add this insightful first hand account of what I didn't see. It seems like an account that has legs, it's certainly been retold enough times. But mostly I'm glad it's over. I doubt I would have stayed if I knew there was brandishing going on. Brandishing's never a good thing.

Oh, you two! Now you're being silly!

To be honest, it's no laughing matter, this gun business. Because I have the image - have you ever had a memory of something from your past that happened to you, but for some reason you remember from the view of someone else, as if you're seeing it in memory as if you were actually standing off to the side? Remembering it you see it in your mind's eye from another's view. I'm not sure why that happens, there's probably a name for it. It may be because of the way I've reconstructed the memory of the event over time, not sure.

Anyway, I have the image of "CG" at the podium now, after reading WW and JL's exchange, and he's walking up, no - lumbering in that doughboy-that-just-ate sort of stroll, towards the podium and he's doing that little chewy thing with his mouth where the lips look like they're trying to find where they're supposed to be. And when he hits the podium he sort of swishes his jacket back to the right side, and there in living color is...the gun...and then just as everyone's breath catches he...starts dancing around doing a little jig and clapping his hands together and saying "Just kidding! I was just kidding! Ha ha ha ha ha---ah!" and then stops and steps back to the podium, again very solemn and begins intoning...

"I speak here tonight, for the dignity of man...." .... and everyone breaks out in laughter and applause and someone says "Let's have some BURGERS!" and amidst a holler of affirmative hoots and backslapping agreement everyone heads out to the Asphalt Terrace, where Ted is set up and singing "Too Many Do-Goods" to roousing accompaniment provided by the 2nd Interim In-Law Corps and there's people skating out on the Way Pond and as the memory slowly fades out the voice of Don Weirwille can be heard saying "No mustard, and I mean...no mustard please!"

Greasy, I really wish you could get the Night that will Live in Infamy thread and put it out here....at LEAST the first post on it, which is the one I wrote. I no longer have my notes, and that record of the night was pretty close to 100% accurate. The gun incident was cg on the stage of the auditorium on the night of the original reading of pop on April 23, 1986. John L had a gun and was using it to prevent Don W from entering the auditorium.

I don't know about a VISIBLE gun during the November Clergy meeting, however, I would have been SURPRISED if he was not wearing it in a holster under his jacket, the man was an unbelievable "survivalist" and was PARANOID of things that go bump in the night.

It has been nineteen and a half years since that weekend meeting and I am sure there are lots of things that are fuzzy in our minds. One thing I remember as if it were yesterday......................

I was working at swb at twi then, and was working that weekend. Our department coordinator was a former safety staffer named Peter Q (God rest his soul.......I miss him.) At some point during the last few hours that cg was there, he radio'd PQ (number 84 :rolleyes: ) and asked him to come to trailer 5. When PQ arrived he HANDCUFFED a brief case to his wrist and instructed him to drive around until cg radio'd him back and had him come pick him up and drive him to the airport.

This next part I am not completely sure of..........it seems to me that later I was told that the brief case contained documents transferring the copyrights of VPWs works from The Way International to The Way of Great Britain, Ltd. *It would not seem out of character for cg to have used coercion or even blackmail of some sort to acheive his own ends, he was ruthless and brutal, as 3/4 of the people that ever met him back then can attest to.* Whatever happened at the "public" clergy meetings, it was NOTHING compared to what happened behind the private curtain between cg and the twi trustees, and Donna of course :asdf:

Radar

*edit reflects inserted sentence*

Edited by Radar OReilly

Let me see if I can manually pull it in. I'd like to preserve who posted what and the dates. Let me see what I can do.

I have the first 8 posts pulled in. Slow process.

I'll finish it latter. Until then, the topic is closed until the remaining posts are pulled in.

The topic is over in the GreaseSpot 101 forum.

So is the score two people who were there saw no gun?

And some that heard about it but were not there that saw a gun?

No.

So far, Radar personally said that cg

"was seated at the desk on the auditorium stage,

a loaded handgun within his reach."

Then again,

it's possible that different people are referring to different

meetings on different dates.

This one Radar mentioned was April 23, 1986,

the public release of the PoP paper.

THAT meeting, cg was armed.

He wasn't the only one, either.

"Outside the executive back entrance to the auditorium,

Don Wierwille was being physically detained by a HEAVILY ARMED

member of the Twi safety department."

"Don was held OUTSIDE the back entrance by armed guard to insure

the fact that he would not go onstage and interrupt the reading of the paper."

:offtopic: Do you get a lot of good fishing in while you wait?

Yes! Salmon. Lots and lots of them. And Dolly Varden trout. And halibut. great big ones. The biggest one I have hauled in was a 260 pounder. But, that was a halibut I "caught" while commercial fishing on a long liner. But man oh man, I harpooned him with a harponn that had a tip that came off with a lanyard on it, and then we hauled in in by line and then gaffed him and hauled him aboard and then the skipper shot him with .357 magnum (the gun!) and put a hole in the deck of his own boat, the numbskull!