i want chris to win and mandesa (sp?) to be number 2

i also love that amish looking fellow

and i think miss pickler is legit

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha i'm a nut it's ok you can say it

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never watched it all the way through until this year (I think I missed one whole year, actually). Maybe it's because there really isn't anything else on, but I decided to stick with it.

To see those kids with the amount of heart is inspiring. I love hearing some of the good old tunes come out of closet, and I got a kick seeing Barry tutoring them.

I'm with you, Excie-Chris and Mandesa are my favorites-although that little Paris is a heart-warming.

And, unlike most of the music the kids listen to, I can understand the words. :biglaugh:

American Idol is a lot like the show that precedded it about 15-20 years ago: Star Search, in that its nothing more than an overglorified (and quite desperate, or so it seems) Want Ads for Hollywood.

:spy:

My picks:

Chris, Mandisa, Taylor, Paris.

I started off thinking Paris was my idol. I don't know what happened to her, but she's not bringing her game any longer.

Katharine McPhee is coming up the ranks impressively...I can say I certainly have McPhever! LOL

Lisa was impressive until something happened and she became mechanical...or something.

Chris is serious! I didn't see last night, but what I have seen of Chris is that he gets better and better...and that he can ROCK OUT!!! :D

Mandisa is just divine! AI is not going to make or break her. She's just all that and then some.

Taylor is just plain fun, imo. A little goofy sometimes, but it's fun. And he can sing!

Elliot has talent but there's something missing for me. Dunno what, but something.

Ace? :yawn1:

Kevin is just too cute, can sing a little bit, but what is up with that lisp????? Does he refuse to work on it because he thinks it's cute or something? Overboard, imo.

Bucky is Bucky. Not much else I have to say there.

Kellie? <_< She turned out to be far less than what she seemed in her audition. Her story touched me and I was hooked on her at first. Now her story is wearing a little thin.

I've missed only 3 or 4 shows of all the years of AI. I predicted the first three idols at the audition stage. (How Carrie Underwood won, I'll never understand.) Fantasia is my favorite, Ruben comes in 2nd, Kelly Clarkson 3rd...and Carrie doesn't even rank with me.

Welcome to being an AI addict my dear exC!!!! :D

I actually like watching the first few episodes with all the try-outs. I'm amazed at how the people who can't carry a tune are not shy - singing on National TV! I haven't kept up with it lately - although that one guy's voice I like - didn't get his name - has gray hair, bluesy voice, and moves like Joe Cocker.

I think Taylor and Chris are TRUE musicians/artists.....................you could appreciate them , really Dmiller.... they so rock!

Paris is a true entertainer/singer...............

Mandisa too.

The mink coat-lol socks- she's cute and fun, and decent voice, and that is what record labels want unfortunately.

EXX- don't worry, I got my hubby hooked, and that is a miracle!!!

I like Ace, he's cute enough and swooons enough, but he's missing a true "artist" soul.

Yamin has a good voice really, but I don't like "watching" him sing. Vanity i know.

Same with Chicken little.............

I am so with Simon on that one, is this a joke????? He's ridiculous. ok voice, but his whole package makes me want to run away screaming!

And I do like the long dark hair girl..............name escapes me.............she's good, she'll go far, but for popularity sake prob won't win.

:wave:

And I do like the long dark hair girl..............name escapes me.............she's good, she'll go far, but for popularity sake prob won't win.

That's Katharine McPhee. Simon compares her to Kelly Clarkson...which is why I think Simon may have jinxed her. Once that comparison stuff gets started it's hard to stop...and being compared to an earlier winner seems to be the death kiss for contestants.

Kevin Covais is 'Chicken Little'.

The thing I love best about AI is that nobody walks away a 'loser'. The worst of the worst have walked away with fame and some have even obtained fortune (can anybody say 'She Bang'!?!?).

I don't think that there's been one person in any of AI's top 12 groups who would have ever come anywhere near to such opportunity if it hadn't been for AI. Which is the 2nd thing I love best about AI.

IMO, the shows only redeeming quality is Simon's comments :blink:

American Idol has turned into a hybrid of "Star Search" and the "Gong Show" <_<

As for myself, I am happy when there is something better for me to do than watch TV.

(except when the new season of SciFi friday begins: Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis and Battlestar Galitica :biglaugh::offtopic: )

Hi, my name is Belle and I'm an AI addict. :biglaugh: Survivor and CSI, too....

Actually, in my office, you have no one to talk to in the mornings if you haven't watched AI the night before. :nono5: I'm actually surprised we don't have an office pool going.

My picks: Mandisa, Taylor, Chris, Paris

I fell in love with Taylor from the very beginning. How could you not love his sunny disposition, superb grin, awesome voice and talent?

Chris - just keeps getting better and better! I got goosebumps listening to him last night.

Mandisa - Get used to that name cause I have a feeling we'll be hearing it a lot in the years to come.

Paris - Absolutely adorable and a superb talent. I got a kick out of her last night saying that she thinks she shocked Barry because he expected her to sing like she talks. LOL!

I enjoy the show - it's comical at the beginning of the season and I'm amazed that people who sing that horribly really think they have talent. Where are those people's real friends???? I can't carry a tune in a bucket with a lid on it, but I sing better than some of those folks.

Last night was awesome - everyone really stepped up to the plate. I think Bucky or Lisa will be the ones to go tonight. Chicken Little has GOT to go!! I'm afraid, though, that he's the favorite for the AI haters on that website encouraging people to vote for the worst person. :rolleyes:

That was so cool what Chris did to "I walk the Line" He's very genuine, and I'm sure we'll be hearing his stuff on the radio in the near future.

Now.. Kelly..hmmmm... She picked a good song with Ms. Patsy Cline, who happens to be one of my favorites, but IMO and I'm sorry to say this, but she is so dumb! that doesn't empress me AT ALL.

My daughter, who is 8 thinks she's the bomb. In fact she was so upset last night that we didn't let her stay up long enough to watch her favorite singer, which would've been near 10p. First thing this morning... how did Kelly do mom? :) I told her she did great. She'll get to see tonight :dance:

GO CHRIS!!! :love3:

At first the only thing I liked about this show is seeing "the best of the worst". (How can people that awful not know how truly horrible they are? It seems some folks really believe positive affirmations can overcome a lack of talent).

Now I watch it with my daughter...and I'll admit it's addictive. I think Chris is the winner...and I hope Taylor will have a long career ahead of him. Ace is eye candy for the girls and boys alike...(I'm ducking).

Belle, Survivor is my guilty pleasure...I think in part because it has a little of the WOW/LEAD dynamic going for it.

Tonto, Ace IS very nice eye candy! :love3: But Taylor stole my heart.

I'm afraid I got Mama addicted to Survivor while she was down here. Now I get e-mails from her about the show. LOL!

Kelly actually reminds me of me when I was bout her age (accent and all). At least she realizes she's naive and missing exposure to a lot of things. I was like her, but I still thought I was soooo sharp. :evilshades:

I would buy Chris' albums definitely.

Survivor is a good show, but I never kept up with it after season two. When I was at HQ, there were 8 of us who sat together for lunch each day after Survivor so we could talk about the show.

I try to get a club going for Sopranos at work now, but I work with a bunch of duds. The foums on hbo just don't cut it for me.

American Idol is fun to watch - it's certainly brain rot - all form, no substance - but a guilty pleasure, for sure... The thing I appreciate about it is that I can let the kids watch - it's more family-oriented than most 'reality' TV out there. Sure, some of the singers will look a little tarty, but nothing any worse than you might see on a Clairol shampoo commercial.

Chris is my favorite because he's true to himself. He could hookup with Godsmack tomorrow and go on tour. He did a better job on "Hemmorhage" than Brett Scallions (Fuel) ever thought of doing. He's also humble, honest, and just a joy to watch.

Mandisa - there's a strong woman! Not only can she sing the angels right off the clouds, but she's got a great heart. I loved how she confronted Simon in the beginning of the season when he made the remark about how they'd need a bigger stage. She did it very well - very Christian. She's also beautiful - just stunning.

Taylor Hicks - Simon hit the nail on the head last week when he said something like, "People love you because you're like every drunk dad at a wedding who got up to sing... Only, you CAN SING." He didn't have a great performance last night (I agree with Simon - it was a mess) - he'll make it close to the top, but I doubt he'll be the winnah.

The one who I ABSOLUTELY wanted to see go - and go quickly - "Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!" was Brenna Gathers. She was stuck on herself - BIG TIME! Obnoxious about it, too. YUCK. BUB-BYE!

Edited by ChasUFarley