GreaseSpot Cafe

What are the odds?

ex10

Yesterday I started a new job. My new boss introduced me to my co workers. (All 4 of them.) One of them, is someone I knew fairly well in-rez. He is a corps grad who is still with the way. He is a "household fellowship coordinator."

What are the odds? I live in a city of 4 million people. :evilshades:

I remember him as being a really nice guy. He still is. We chatted and he was helpful and polite. I wonder if he was as surprised as I was. :spy:

Congrats on the new job! And, yeah, that's pretty bizare.

I hired a lady as my bookkeeper about ten years ago, and she worked for me for about a year. At some point during that year, I found out she was a PFAL grad. Having been out and not really in touch with anyone for a while, I was floored. What are the odds, indeed? 'Course, she wasn't "standing". But it was interesting comparing notes.

Good luck on your new position, and with dealing with your co-worker. Hope it goes smoothly.

Eventually he will simply HAVE to notice the lack of horns and tail....the suspicious lack of green spew accompanied with the head rotation and scarey voices that one generally associates with a twi cop out :rolleyes:

Seriously, I think that he will be in for a delightfull suprise!

good luck in your new job ex!

Edited by rascal

Unless..........The Way makes him quit his job.........kinda joking here, but then again not really..........

I had a believer working for me and the day after I got marked and avoided he called me on the phone at work and just quit on the spot, leaving me in a pretty good bind. This was a grown man with a family to support and he was a fellowship coordinator.

I too hope your new job goes well and things are good with your coworker :wave:

It's a small world after all. It's a small world after all. It's a small world after all. It's a small, small world....

How wild is that? Yeppers, he'll be seeing in real life how gracious and wonderful you are and how things really are okay after midnight. :P

I was flying out of Orlando one morning with my dog and the guy in front of me in the security line was playing with her. We started talking and eventually he said something about his brother going to some seminary in Gunnison, CO. I asked if it was The Way and he was shocked that I knew about them.

I told him a bit about me and about Greasespot and he was relieved. He has always thought it was a cult and was relieved to find out that I agreed with him. We had a great conversation and went our separate ways.

Small world, indeed. :)

Yesterday I started a new job. My new boss introduced me to my co workers. (All 4 of them.) One of them, is someone I knew fairly well in-rez. He is a corps grad who is still with the way. He is a "household fellowship coordinator."

Could this be a sign for you to Freely Avail once more? :wink2:

Thanks so much for the good wishes. I just want to do a good job for my employer. And my still way friend, I hope will be better off for knowing me, and working with me. Honestly, that's how I feel.

I hope I can "bless" his life. Whatever that may look like, I'm cool with it. If it means keeping my big mouth shut, I can do that too. :wub:

ex10 said:

Thanks so much for the good wishes. I just want to do a good job for my employer. And my still way friend, I hope will be better off for knowing me, and working with me. Honestly, that's how I feel.

I hope I can "bless" his life. Whatever that may look like, I'm cool with it. If it means keeping my big mouth shut, I can do that too.

I'm sure you'll do a great job and be a blessing to you still-way coworker. Maybe it will inspire him to leave or maybe not. But at least he'll get a good chance to see that there's life after twi and that you don't have any grease dripping off you!!

Congrats on your new job! They're lucky to have you.

Yes, George, I did think about that. I have actually run into exways that I didn't know while in, in the 6 or so years I've lived here. That was always a surprise too. I just thought it was interesting that my old acquaintance is still involved. He said that there are now 6 "household fellowships" in Houston. I know there used to be alot more than that.

The other thing that I didn't mention before, is that my new boss is also exway. But we have known each other a long time, and he called me when he heard I was looking for a new position, and offered me the job.

Edited by ex10

I just want to say, that my still in coworker has been wonderful to work with. He is smart, helpful, considerate, kind. Not to mention, he likes to listen to "classic rock" while we work. :) Gotta love him for that.

I liked him very much when I knew him before, and he is still a cool person to be around.

It's none of my business, what church he goes to, I've decided. Even if it is my former denomination. :D

God bless him, and his family.

I liked him very much when I knew him before, and he is still a cool person to be around.

It's none of my business, what church he goes to, I've decided. Even if it is my former denomination. :biggrin:

That's great to hear. :) He must be part of the *kinder, gentler* twi. ;)

Good co-workers are a treasure.

Exxie - just enjoy yourself as you do a great job.

Personally, I think that it is great if innies & outies can be friends. I would honestly LOVE to have friendship with some people inside. I wouldn't bash their "religion" - doctrines or practices either. It would be like insulting their mama, so why start a fight? Just enjoy!!!! :)