GreaseSpot Cafe

Geer Anyone Got Anything Good to Say?

twinot

I got involved after he was gone in the last 80's. I've read some stuff about him here and from what I've seen it's all bad. He seems to have been a behind the scenes guy for the most part. Anybody got anything good to say about him?

Edited by twinot

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure - I think he comes across as a genuinely nice person. I know a lot of women think he's good looking. I loved him on Talk Soup and in As Good As It Gets and - - - what? Oh - my bad - I thought you said Kinear - Greg Kinear...

Welcome TWINOT to Greasespot.

Not much good on him here I am afraid. There are a few that "sorta" fellowship with his ministry. They might pop in here and share.

Why do you want to know?

and T-Boner you are too much!!!!!!!!!!

edited cuz

Oh geez - where's my manners?!?! I'm sorry TwiNot - there I go zeroing in on a making a joke I totally forgot about welcoming you...Anywho - please - please - pahhleeeeeez allow me to offer you a very special cup of French Vanilla Cappuccino.[from my private stock - - well....er...from Sam's] - Welcome, Welcome, Welcome - and I'll teach you the secret handshake tomorrow. :beer:

I am interested because all I got was LCM's side of the story having gotten into the Corpse in the early 90's. He was totally demonized and I have never known anyone who knew the guy. I have also run into some folks that fellowship with his bunch.

'fraid not Dmiller, - we were both at work when the spirit of stupidity just whelped up inside me!

Spirit of Stupidity??? Har har har!! :biglaugh:

Twinot -- some here have said some good things about Chris ---

but I'm no good with the *search* feature here, like WordWolf is,

so I can't find the posts about that for you. :(

Like I said earlier -- I first heard of him when Passing of the Patriarch came out -- not before.

Welcome Twinot!

And well, I have some friends with whom I still be's in touch with, who are involved in CG's ministry. They are nice folks, and don't judge me at all. But I do know that they probably think I "missed the boat" by not being in the same canoe with him and them. But to their credit, I have never "been confronted" (gawd I hate that term!) for "tripping out" and not following the man.

I went to one of their fellowships once and the man running it, *arl B*rt*on was very kind to me and asked me excitedly if I "was a class presenter" of CG's Walking In God's Power Class, and he was so kind and excited to see me that I didn't have the heart to tell him that I hadn't even taken the class. If you want to really learn about all of that, this is not the place to learn it. But you could do a google on this same guy (Earl) and add the words "Charlottesville Real Estate" to it and you would come up with his name and website, addresses and all of that.

But, I haven't had much of a desire to be a part of all of that or any of all of that these days. But hey! Welcome Twinot! And hey, you wouldn't be from Minot, North Dakota, would ya? Get it? "Twinot from Minot?" Get it? Haw haw haw... :blink:

Welcome, TWINot!!

There have been many, many discussions about CG here. In the top right corner of the page is a "Search" option. Click on that and enter "Geer" you'll find not a few threads where he is discussed. Many first hand accounts are shared on those threads.

There are a few folks here who support him, but the overwhelming impression is that he is just as dangerous and deranged as vee pee and craig were/are. After all, he was vee pee's right hand man. I personally only know what I've read here and heard in TWI before I left and, understandably, none of that was good.

That was rather insulting JonnyL,

Why wouldn`t the first hand information that people have shared in these forums not be of interest concerning Chris Geer?

What is it that that posters related here that you don`t want twinot to see?

The viscious way he was seen to have treated his wife? The unconscionably vulgar so called advice he was prone to give in the guise of marriage counceling? The insane things he did to the Gartmore resident corpes? Or is it about how it was reported by several of vpw`s victims, that a drink that Geere gave them at the motor coach was the last thing remembered before waking up in vpw`s bed with no clue how they got there?

Oh yeah.... The drugging of vp`s unwilling victims was heresay... oops...EXCEPT we have a first hand account here AND drugging was confirmed to have happened by John Lynn.

What is it that would you would consider unreliable? Why wouldn`t you want people aware of this info...and WORST of all, how could you send somebody in the direction to become involved in ANYthing this puke masquerading as a minister was responsible for creating?

Oh yeah, I suppose twinot is going to get a REAL acurate impression of Geere by a guy who is hawking his class... :rolleyes:

Edited by rascal

On second thought though....TECHNICALLY, you are correct Jonny ... nobody HAS had anything *good* to say about geer on these boards, but I cannot imagine that one would want to remain unaware of what he was guilty of if contemplating involvement in his group.

It is only fair to have all of the info available.

I have something good to say, but not all good.

I met Chris Geer in 1971, at Rye NY, in the days of the Groovy Christians. I never got to know him very well personally, but I did a little, for a short time. He probably doesn’t remember me.

He came across to me as very smart and diligent, and on one occasion he was EXTREMELY helpful to me personally. His advice from that meeting was long remembered and it led me to an 11 year research project that eventually answered many, many questions I had.

I ran into him a few times at HQ around 1977, all pleasant. The only incident I can remember, though, was when he and some others were exiting the BRC as I was walking by. His friends were lightly mocking him, so I asked Chris why. He said that they were preparing to go on a Bible lands tour and he (Chris) wasn’t going but had asked several who were going to take special note of the Sea of Galilee’s color. He wanted to know if the lyric of the song we often sang in fellowships was accurate when it mentions something about Jesus “...of blue Galilee.” The incident impressed me in that (one) Chris was interested in that degree of accuracy, and (two) that his mocking friends were not.

When I took Chris’ WIGP class around 1996 I enjoyed the college professor tone with which he taught it. However, I knew darn well that it would put most others, especially most new people, asleep. I was shocked by the ending of his class at how shoddy a job he did leading new people into tongues. It starkly showed me that he had radically stripped a gear in the years since I knew him personally.

His launching in recent years into the theory of the limited foreknowledge of God proved to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is not a spiritual man but a blind theologian and a senses bound thinker.

Most Geerite Group ministers and followers that I know are shallow thinkers and full of fear at best. They do things by the book and dare not stray. Many of the upper leaders are tough and mean, but also shallow thinkers. They are afraid of considering anything that goes against their grain, I think in over-compensating for the mistake of Eve.

Edited by Mike

That was rather insulting JonnyL,

Why wouldn`t the first hand information that people have shared in these forums not be of interest concerning Chris Geer?

Whoa! I think you just love to pick fights, dontcha Rascal? I think you get off on it...

Hey. I think the guy/gal has the right to seek information somewhere else besides here, I mean, that's reasonable, isn't it? You are right, he will find mainly one opinion here for the most part. And I suppose that this is the only opinion of CG that you want him to have. Ya know, I read CNN and Newsmax in the morning. One very liberal, the other very conservative. I look at both sides of the coin. I think that Twinot is probably grown up enough to make his or her own decisions based on input from various directions. I myself am mostly conservative. But I also like to read what others are feeding on as well. Twinot asked about whether anyone had anything good to say about Chris Geer, and since I know that there is not much good said about him here, I directed him/her to a place where somebody does have something good to say about him. A place where others also have first hand information about him. I answered his/her request. But oh, that's wrong. That's an insult. You know, I think you are simply a very rude person Rascal. :(

Twinot, I think you are responsible enough to gain information on your own and make your own decision as to what to do with it. I know that you are not so Waybrained that you have to be "locked into" only one source of info, but can make your own decisions. Listen to the negative opinions of him. Listen to the positive opinions and then you decide...

Edited by Jonny Lingo