GreaseSpot Cafe

DocVic's '67 Harley for sale on ebay

TheEvan

Excuse me ---- who is selling this?? Does twi get the $$$$ when (and if) it sells? I am ignorant when it comes to e-bay. I seem to remember all the *believers buying* (quote-end-of-quote) docvic a bike, at one time.

This wouldn't be the same one, would it??

<_< <_< <_< <_< <_<

Vehicle Description

1967 Harley Davidson Electra-Glide

This is the Motorcycle

Pictured in the May 14th 1971 edition of Life Magazine

In the “Groovy Christians” article with Dr. Victor Paul Wierwille aboard

Yes, This Motorcycle belonged to Dr. Wierwille and was recently sold us by the Way Ministry, documentation does exist and can be included in the purchase, more details to follow,

Approximately 30,000 Miles (odometer is believed to be correct)

Motor completely rebuilt @ ~ 27,950

Fully loaded

* Hard Bags

* Trunk

* Upper Fairing

* Floor Boards

* New King / Queen Seat

* “Custom” wheels

* Beautiful Burgundy and Pewter Metallic Paint Scheme

Motorcycle is being sold as-is with the seller making no claims as to guarantees or warranties, other than it is what is stated in this article. It is a well maintained ’67 Harley

The motorcycle has been garage kept (>95%) or covered its whole life.

This bike has been Dyno tuned and driven regularly for the past 6 months.

Prior to this the motorcycle had sat for 4 years, since the passing of Dr. Wierwille’s son Don Wierwille, who used the bike since at least the early 80’s

The Motorcycle does appear different than it did in the magazine with the addition of the upper fairing and a new paint job that was performed by the Wierwille’s at some point. If you carefully examine the magazine picture and the front view of recent pictures you will see this is the bike…

Comes With:

Documentation to show that this belonged to “The Way Ministry”

Many new parts on and off the bike (a large box of stuff accompanies bike)

* Lights

* Light Covers

* New Coil

* Chain New

* Battery New

* New Plugs

* New Jets

* Several other parts

* Extra Paint from the color change

* Original Harley Service Manual

The Motorcycle is now in Texas and will be traveling to New York in March, it is possible it could be delivered to you on this trip, cost to be negotiated (cost of fuel most likely).

If you have any questions please email me at bagreg@stny.rr.com

I would love to have a bike like this, but not this one -- thank you very much. <_<

Talk about a blast from the past!

I wonder why the seller made such a point of advertising the former Way connection? Did he really think that would make the value increase...like ex-wafers were just waiting to pounce? :confused:

If it's an innie seller, I'm sure there would have been ways to spread the word through the regions.

Er..can't be an innie...he's offering monthly payments. Strike that. :wink2:

Couldn`t be an innie and no need to try to market it to innies because we all know that INNIES have no money :(

It chaps my a$$ that twi is able to sell off alla the stuff that was bought with our money and still make a profit...this is just at the end of a long list....rome city, Emporia...

I am a bit suprised that they didn`t place more value on such a big piece of ministry history.

How do you know Del Duncan has died?

"Starting bid: US $10,500.00

Get low monthly payments

Ended: Mar-03-06 20:22:38 PST

Start time: Feb-21-06 20:22:38 PST

History: 0 bids

Item location: Binghamton, New York

United States "

(this is not an out of sight price for a quality Harley. they should advertise during the "Street Vibrations" time here in Reno.)

This is pretty creepy.

I take it this is not the Twighopper. I seem to recall the Twighopper was a trike. Anyone know?

How about VPW's red Olds '88' that was in Joe Coulter's garage? That been sold?

Anyone remember the tail numbers of the planes? It would be interesting to know where they ended up.

The owner was trying to say that it had only 30K miles on it, even though Wierwille drove it cross country and back how often? And Don W drove it "since at least the early 80’s?" And the motor had to be REBUILT before 30K? More like 130,000, I'll bet.

No wonder it got no takers at that price.

But yeah, sticking Wierwille's name on it might have been an incentive for some. Using his name would make the item come up on an eBay search for TWI books, tapes, and other memorabilia. A lot of pople just type "Wierwille" into eBay's search engine.

Not much bidding on most "Martindale" artifacts, though. :sleep1: ;)

Regards,

Shaz

Jim and Dmiller- the twig hopper was technicaly a motorcycle with sidecar. only one wheel was driven-the motorcycle rear wheel. A side car is added to the original motorcycle. A trike has two rear wheels- both driven.

They were often built using a vw rearend and motor with a custom frame and motorcycle front wheel.