GreaseSpot Cafe

Foolhardy behavior

rascal

quote: "The Straw Man fallacy is committed when a person simply ignores a person's actual position and substitutes a distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version of that position. This sort of "reasoning" has the following pattern:

1. Person A has position X.

2. Person B presents position Y (which is a distorted version of X).

3. Person B attacks position Y.

4. Therefore X is false/incorrect/flawed

You'd know all about that. All your attacks on TWI follow this pattern. For as long as your posts are, you sure don't have much to say.

1. Person A was a plagiarist and an adulterer and a rapist

2. Person B covered and denied

3. Person B was a goofball

4. Therefore person A was a plagiarist and an adulterer and a rapist

There, I fixed that for you. If there are facts like this, it is better to state them clearly before considering other defensive argument. There is no need for strawmen at all if you are in the right.

Edited by rhino

This quote comes to mind although I don't remember who is credited with saying it (according to my sources lots of people have been - so let's not get another thread started)

"The only thing necessary for evil to exist is for good men to do nothing."

SOOOO no matter how good certain members of the BOT seemed, no matter who your favorite leader was, IF he or she saw the evil coming and did nothing they contributed to it.

That's attributed to Edmund Burke.

However, I can't prove he actually said it.

Your point, however, was made.

TROLL ALERT

Geez..............what is it you people don't get about OM, anyway? The guy only want's to argue. He has absolutely no interest in anything you have to say. He has no intention of ever removing the rose colored glasses. Certainly not worth the tapping on the keyboards to respond to him on these threads.

Move on. They eventually shut up when they don't get the attention.

J.

And why would it be good for them to shut up? I thought the general idea of the forums is for folks to give their opinions, the more diverse, the merrier?

Those who tolerate other viewpoints have no problem.

Rhino---------Your point is very valid and well taken. Remember the teaching of of how Paul erred in judgment but not in heart and how we could weigh decisions in this same light? I humbly submit that we may well have erred in judgement but we surely weren't the ones who erred in heart. That place was reservered for those who gave us directives that were based on flawed thinking,and not scripture or revelation.

I agree in part, but I also believe folks who made decisions could have erred in judgment, as well.

I leave the heart searching for God. I think that's His domain.

Jardi's right... OM picks one point out of a conversation that everyone else seems to "get" without any trouble, and then inanely argues it to death...

...whether he believes it or not... he's got his agenda...

Which is to share my thoughts and opinions, which is what this forum is all about.

Why do some folks have a problem with this?

May I suggest, unchain yourself to this forum if you can't handle opinions other than your own.

oldies man, did you hitchhike to LEAD ? did you get struck by a car and killed ? well i guess not, you're here.

but did you get pulled off the road and raped ?

talk to me. you have no clue

Ex, I'd love to. Feel free to PM anytime, I'd love to get to know you better.

I'm not trashing the U.S. Marines, but they need good leadership cause they are trained to follow and if not...........whew.... I vaguely remember that V.P. Wierwolf ... modeled the Way Corps after the Marine Corps....bad ... should have modeled them after "Mchales Navy" ... these guys knew how to survive!!! I was in the Navy and in a unit like McHales and we were like that where the "inmates" ran the show, thank God ... and the Big Brass were clueless ... that is why the fiasco in Iraq ... the Big Brass are clueless, not providing sufficient leadership, and leave the little guys to fend for themselves and be put in harms way. A good movie to watch is "Animal Factory" with Willem Dafoe, Mickey Rourke ... the inmates are running the show!! it's amazing, course my favorite part is the part Mickey Rourke plays as a transexual, he's amazing, great actor .... versatile, too!!!

This is way off topic!

I haven't visited GS for years. I still see some old friends, like Linda Z, Pawtucket, and Radar. Hi, All! We're still in Houston.

I am unable to start a thread and could not find the right one for this. [Please move it, moderator, if you know where it should go.]

My husband, Rich, started a book auction house. Our next auction is tomorrow. It includes an "Athletes of the Spirit" program. I thought there might be a collector or two here. Here is the link: http://www.gulfcoastbookauctions.com/

Athletes is Lot 182.

Regards,

Chrispy

Wow I have to respect you for how much you suffered being at the corp of weirwilles madness. In was a simple believer and I did similar stupid things like driving from Ft Wayne to DC during the 78 blizzard and setting a pfal class up in a new location in under an hour and making it work.

While I respect the corps origional intent I must say that many times what the corp came to do in an area had more to do with edicts from headquarters than the reality on the ground.

For the most part you guys were out of touch with reality from the time you hit the ground.

In 74 when I was introduced to the way fer the first time I was warned of the corpbots. I think I met Donna for the second time at that meeting, she was quite charming and goal oriented but I saw a touch of dishonesty in her demeanor.

I went wow shortly after (75-76) in Knoxville and ran into a bit of way indeciscion when Patty B visted my tc and told her we could continue to fight the local rednecks over having a black man attend twig or move, we moved.

From my persepective on being on the ground trying to *do the Werd* you guys were more a hindrence than a help.

I hope this helps you put a nice perspective on this debacle.

Edited by herbiejuan

• 11 months later...

Well,

After, whatever 8 years, maybe, here?

I am not going to dig and look for OM to have said you are a liar. But through the years Om has used a type of slight of hand to cast the speaker in a bad light and along with Joniam he has done more harm to people who try to share what happened to them.

If someone wants to go back and figure who said what feel free, I do not have the time or the inclination to do so. But when one revealed about the liberal sexual behaviors of Moggie, one of his supporters stated that most of the girls was of a consenting age and could have said “no.” He called the perverted sexual abuse of believers “affairs” or insinuated such. I believe for one VP defender it was because it was reported that perhaps his sibling was servicing VP and Howard. And, perhaps, she was one that like that lot in life. Perhaps she wasn’t “worked on” but participated freely. Maybe maybe not. Or maybe it is all a rumor and that is why the "strong stand" against any first hand information

If it is the case, that it is true, then he may think, because SHE did it joyfully all others must have.

I do not know why when it was brought up that VP was “drugging” woman and some gals were speaking of it, one of the defenders said there was no proof – or along those lines.

These are innuendos, either subtle or blatant that the people speaking are/were lying. If the person revealed how they were worked on as of a teenager, later or nearby it was insinuated that if they were of legal age it was not rape. And perhaps, legally it was not. And he/they will take the issue off in that direction rather than deal with a Man who claimed to be a man of God was taking the pants off of MANY young girls, and it injured the girls leaving many in disrepair and mental collapse.

Now if a statement like that was made, Oldies typical remark would be he never claimed to be the Man of God, that is a term others called him. Then, the thread would be about if Weirwille called himself a Moggie or not for a while. Does it matter if he called himself a Moggie? HE was selling a GOD class to people seeking God. Many women came forward and told of what happened behind the scenes and were dismissed. But that point gets lost as the VP supporters posts as the zoom in on one part of the post and get people away from looking at the crisis things VP did.

When Ex and I spoke of some of the things which happened to a gorgeous wonderful corps girl which nearly ruined her, the information on the thread was removed. When we told of things VP said himself about using “his own” relatives – that was pulled. But it adds to the resume.

When you compile VP’s work like a resume, it is obvious that he was not a “great man of God” but did many things the Bible tells us not to do. If you have any godly radar, or even good instincts as a Mom, Dad, or human being you would at least consider if a long list of woman have come forth through the years then it is TRUE. But the apologist will just say, well I only heard a few and they could not prove it.

I can’t prove what happened to me, nor can Ex, nor can Sunesis prove what happened to a girl the three of us know. We can only report it happened. We can read Marsha’s letter and I can tell you I was around then and another new poster saw all “that” happening – without the “being in the room” details as well.

There is no blue dress, I did not have it recorded. It happened. Does it make him a creep – yes IMO. Does it make him evil? Some think so.

As for Rascal… She has been treated poorly. She will say something like “We have been deceived” And of course someone jumps up and says speak for yourself. And makes an issue out of her saying “WE”. The fact that she is exposing something, that being “revealed” may help others, gets lost in the “huff.” Because she makes many good and healing points, she seems to be followed by the “soldiers” who point at one word and shoot at her like a sitting duck.

But let me close in this:

Deu 19:15 “A single witness shall not rise up against a man on account of any iniquity or any sin which he has committed; on the evidence of two or three witnesses a matter shall be confirmed.

Deu 19:16 “If a malicious witness rises up against a man to accuse him of wrongdoing,

Deu 19:17 then both the men who have the dispute shall stand before the LORD, before the priests and the judges who will be in office in those days.

Deu 19:18 “The judges shall investigate thoroughly, and if the witness is a false witness and he has accused his brother falsely,

Deu 19:19 then you shall do to him just as he had intended to do to his brother. Thus you shall purge the evil from among you.

Deu 19:20 “The rest will hear and be afraid, and will never again do such an evil thing among you.

Deu 19:21 “Thus you shall not show pity: life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.

Mat 18:15 “If your brother sins, go and show him his fault in private; if he listens to you, you have won your brother.

Mat 18:16 “But if he does not listen to you, take one or two more with you, so that BY THE MOUTH OF TWO OR THREE WITNESSES EVERY FACT MAY BE CONFIRMED.

Mat 18:17 “If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.

Mat 18:18 “Truly I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven.

Mat 18:19 “Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven.

Mat 18:20 “For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst.”

Mat 18:21 Then Peter came and said to Him, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?”

Mat 18:22 Jesus *said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.

1Ti 5:1 Do not sharply rebuke an older man, but rather appeal to him as a father, to the younger men as brothers,

1Ti 5:2 the older women as mothers, and the younger women as sisters, in all purity.

1Ti 5:17 The elders who rule well are to be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who work hard at preaching and teaching.

1Ti 5:18 For the Scripture says, “YOU SHALL NOT MUZZLE THE OX WHILE HE IS THRESHING,” and “The laborer is worthy of his wages.”

1Ti 5:19 Do not receive an accusation against an elder except on the basis of two or three witnesses.

1Ti 5:20 Those who continue in sin, rebuke in the presence of all, so that the rest also will be fearful of sinning.

1Ti 5:21 I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus and of His chosen angels, to maintain these principles without bias, doing nothing in a spirit of partiality.

A typical sympathizer will say “But he is dead.”

Well, I did reprove him while he lived, so did Ralph with 11 girls who had sexual charges or with the confirmed charges, so have other people. I am telling this here now as there was no internet back in the day.

The criteria has been met.

I am ready to stand before God with what I have told you about VPW.

Edited by Dot Matrix

I never knew about GSC until about a year ago.

Therefore, since I hadn't seen it, it didn't really exist.

Thanks, Dot.

It must be awful to not be able to admit to one's self they have been hoodwinked.

Imagine this at an AA meeting:

" Hi, I'm Joe Schmoe. I'm not REALLY an alcoholic."

Riiiight!! :rolleyes:

Great post Dot

My foolhardy behavior relates to Marsha , well some of it anyway.

Our previous posts about her were removed ?? I hadn't noticed. why?? Something legal??

I was her WOW brother

I lived with her

I saw her pain

but

I believed what I was told

"she had some devil spirits"

If she could get rid of them she'd be fine ok, right

Odd she began to fall apart RIGHT after a visit to the ol' motorcoach

It doesn't take a rocket scientist...

I'm not a rocket scientist "but I play one on tv" HAHA

• 5 years later...

Foolhardy.....

I remember being on a construction site, tapping into a sanitary sewer main. We excavated 17-18 feet down before bad weather set in. We didn't get back to the hole for another two weeks. By that time, it had snowed, thawed, snowed, thawed, blah, blah. The ground was soft and beginning to cave in. There was no shoring. Hey, who needs shoring when you've got SIT and the law of believing on your side? Besides, wouldn't God give revelation if something really bad is about to happen? Well, nothing happened....until the next day when the hole started to collapse.

I did lot's of stuff like that, thinking I had some kind of magic powers surrounding me.

:asdf: :asdf: :asdf:

(Beating your head against the wall is painful but, oh, how good it feels when you finally stop.)

Edited by waysider

My opinion, after all these years I know why I have PTSD.

Seriously in some senses we were encouraged to take risks and push the envelope, unless you were helping a branch coordinator put a new shingle roof on, then all safety precautions will be adhered to.

Seth

My opinion, after all these years I know why I have PTSD.

Seriously in some senses we were encouraged to take risks and push the envelope, unless you were helping a branch coordinator put a new shingle roof on, then all safety precautions will be adhered to.

Seth

When it was FOR twi, then quality counted.

When it was for us, then money mattered and safety was replaced by "believing."

As someone pointed out, with any business, you INVEST IN INFRASTRUCTURE.

In twi, the money was primarily to cover immediate expenses at twi,

and then what luxuries vpw and company could get.

The exception was the auditorium- and that was more of a SPECTACLE than a

practical choice for an auditorium. It could have been made better

for less money- if it hadn't been about ego.

The exception was the auditorium- and that was more of a SPECTACLE than a

practical choice for an auditorium. It could have been made better

for less money- if it hadn't been about ego.

Ya, like building it facing west so the front of the building could be prominent. Instead they built it facing north, obscuring the front in the woods and leaving building mechanicals such as industrial grade transformers in plain view, wrecking curb appeal. Not to mention a giant storm overflow pond in plain view. The boathouse? Nothing but mechanicals inside.

Not to get too far off topic. But I was told it was done so VPW would be facing north when he taught in the auditorium. Something about God and northern symbolism in scripture. Anywho.

Edited by OldSkool

1344368382[/url]' post='543938']

Ya, like building it facing west so the front of the building could be prominent. Instead they built it facing north, obscuring the front in the woods and leaving building mechanicals such as industrial grade transformers in plain view, wrecking curb appeal. Not to mention a giant storm overflow pond in plain view. The boathouse? Nothing but mechanicals inside.

Not to get too far off topic. But I was told it was done so VPW would be facing north when he taught in the auditorium. Something about God and northern symbolism in scripture. Anywho.

I've never seen the WOW Auditoruim, or whatever it's called. I beat feet before it was built (though I did help pay for it). Facing north? Really?? Pfffth. Why not Mecca? Honestly, the TWI nonsense is too numerous to keep track of.