GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that TV Show

Raf

major props to anyone who can get this one word clue. I had more than forgotten this, until I was watching the dvd the other day, and had a weird flashback to this catch phrase.

I will be real impressed if anyone gets it-and I'm also certain I'm not spelling it correctly, as each character pronounced it differently.

"longdelioso !"

good luck.

yeah, Poppo was the giveaway. In re watching this odd series, which wasn't funny, had inane scripts, but somehow worked due to the talents of Patty Duke (and William Schallert), I was reminded that when Patty wasn't saying 'bye-ee', the characters had this slang word for 'so long'-'longdelioso'.

I'm sure the writers were hoping that it would catch on among America's teens. For obvious reasons that didn't happen.

Even if you didn't like the show, you have to admit that working "Ballet Russe" into the theme song was inventive!

New show:

"How 'bout a dehydrated chicken?"

"A dehydrated chicken?"

"Yeah. Just add water and bones, and let it sit for a couple hours, and you might have your own reconstituted chicken."

"That's the most ridiculous thing I ever heard."

Why don't we give away this one?"

"No that's the dress I graduated from high school in."

"How about this one?"

"That's the dress I wore the first day of college."

[holding a black, low-cut dress] "What about this one?"

"That's the one I got expelled in."

George

Okay, let's get a bit more obvious...

"Gentlemen, I'm surprised at you. The American farmer didn't get where he is today by celebrating Christmas with phony trees and wax popcorn, plastic candy canes. Gentlemen, to the American farmer Christmas is real. He goes out with ax in hand, chops down his own tree, brings it back, garlands it with strings of popcorn from his own corn crib, makes cider from his own apple trees. And when Christmas carols ring out in the still of the night, he looks up to the sky and says, 'I'm proud to be an American farmer on Christmas.'"

"Why do you want to irritate your corn?"

"Irrigate. It means put water on it.

"Won't that irritate it?"

"While yer away on yer trip, I thought you might like to avail yerself of Haney's Farm Mindin' Service."

"HANEY'S FARM MINDING SERVICE?"

"Yessir, at Haney's Farm Mindin' Service, for a nom-yew-nal fee we will move into yer house, eat yer food, drink yer likker, and turn away any unwanted relatives that might show up at yer door."

"How 'bout a dehydrated chicken?"

"A dehydrated chicken?"

"Yeah. Just add water and bones, and let it sit for a couple hours, and you might have your own reconstituted chicken."

"That's the most ridiculous thing I ever heard."

"Why don't we give away this one?"

"No, that's the dress I graduated from high school in."

"How about this one?"

"That's the dress I wore the first day of college."

[holding a black, low-cut dress] "What about this one?"

"That's the one I got expelled in."

George

• 2 weeks later...

"The blues isn't about making yourself feeling better, it's about making other people feel worse."

"You know, you play pretty well for someone with no real problems."

"Hey, what'll I tell the boss?"

"Tell him that I'm going to the back-seat of my car, with the woman I love. And I won't be back for ten minutes!"

"The blues isn't about making yourself feeling better, it's about making other people feel worse."

"Tell him that I'm going to the back-seat of my car, with the woman I love. And I won't be back for ten minutes!"

"Well, I was wondering... how important is it to be popular?

"I'm glad you asked, son. Being popular is the most important thing in the world.

"So, like sometimes you can do stuff that you think is pretty bad so other kids will like you better?

"You're not talking about killing anyone, are you?

"No."

"Are you?!"

"No!"

"Then run along, you little scamp. Like I always say, a boy without mischief is like a bowling ball without a liquid center."

"Hand over all your money in a paper bag."

"Yes, yes, I know the procedure for armed robbery. I do work in a convenience store, you know."

"Well, I was wondering... how important is it to be popular?

"I'm glad you asked, son. Being popular is the most important thing in the world.

"So, like sometimes you can do stuff that you think is pretty bad so other kids will like you better?

"You're not talking about killing anyone, are you?

"No."

"Are you?!"

"No!"

"Then run along, you little scamp. Like I always say, a boy without mischief is like a bowling ball without a liquid center."

"Hand over all your money in a paper bag."

"Yes, yes, I know the procedure for armed robbery. I do work in a convenience store, you know."

"Say, who's up for a little cram session? I'll go first. What was the name of the Pilgrims' boat?"

"The Spirit of St. Louis."

"And where'd they land?"

"Sunny Acapulco."

"And why'd they leave England?"

"Giant rats."

"Cool, history's coming alive!"

"As a natural enemy, I do not know why I am doing this, but I feel obliged to tell you the information you just received is grossly erroneous."

"Speak English, man!"

"A blindfolded chimp with a pencil in his teeth has a better chance of passing this test than you do!"

"Thanks for the pep talk, poindexter."

"Look at my eyes! See the sincerity? See the conviction? See the fear? As God is my witness, I can pass the fourth grade!"

"And if you don't, at least you'll be bigger than the other kids!"

:who_me::dance: I am guessing The Simpsons(as he gets into his Tardis for a quick get away) Edited by Thomas Loy Bumgarner

:who_me::dance: I am guessing The Simpsons(as he gets into his Tardis for a quick get away)

It IS the Simpsons.

Look- why not actually POST SOMETHING after getting an answer correct?

That's how we PLAY these games and it's unfair for everyone else that you ignore that.

If you are having trouble coming up with quotes, you can PM me and I can fix that-

which means the only real answer is you don't WANT to play right.

"Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur.

Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr."

"You know, you two make a cute couple."

"Oh no, we're not...a couple. We're singles...like...those individually wrapped pieces of cheese that are next to each other...but...stay separate...like...just friends."

"Did I touch a nerve there?"

"Oh yeah."

"Look, you are a great guy, and it is the things you love that make you who you are."

"I guess that makes me large breasts."

Since no one else posted something, here's a quote:

"He was brought across in 1228. Preyed on humans for their blood. Now he wants to be mortal again. To repay society for his sins, To emerge from his world of darkness, ...

(I hope it's an easy one)

Edited by Maddy

Since no one else posted something, here's a quote:

"He was brought across in 1228. Preyed on humans for their blood. Now he wants to be mortal again. To repay society for his sins, To emerge from his world of darkness, ...

(I hope it's an easy one)

And I'll share some other quotes while waiting to see if someone guess it.

"My very old friend Thomas wagered me he would be able to persuade you to deliver this most intelligent and beautiful woman to him by simply telling you what you so desperately wanted to hear. There may be a cure. Well there isn't one of course. When will you learn Nicholas, that this quest of yours is a hopeless one, that it will only cause you and others misery. Normally I hate to lose but the look of utter foolishness on your face almost makes it worthwhile."

"So, did you learn anything while you were dying on me?"

"Yeah, I learned that I have to live with the choice I made 800 years ago, and that forgiveness is not something you ask for, it's something that you earn here, among the living."

"I can really see you two together. You must have been really something once."

"It was a very long time ago."

"I know when. In college right?"

"Actually it was closer to the Renaissance."