• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

=====================

"Is it my imagination, or did the kid just cover for him?"

"This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

About Worf and Nog, at the beginning.

"Do I detect a note of jealousy in your voice?"

"You two can argue about this on your own time."

There was hostility between the Alpha Quadrant Jem Hadar and the Gamma Quadrant Jem Hadar.

This was probably the ONLY epsode it was discussed.

"Very important research.

What? I'm not laughing.

I'm not."

Kira, discussing the "Fantastic Voyage" aspect of the episode.

"Surrender or you will all be killed."

"I feel privileged to be here with you at such a moment."

"There is still much to do before we declare victory. Until we leave Federation space, we are vulnerable to"

"I am the First. And I have declared victory."

"That is, of course, your prerogative."

Alpha and Gamma Jem hadar, disagreeing.

"I wish I could be there with you, old man."

"I'll send you a postcard. Tell Worf I look forward to hearing his poem."

For me, a giveaway. It's the only episode Worf promised to write a Klingon poem for anyone.

"I serve the Founders. If it is their will to create a new race, that is the order of things."

"But... ?"

"But the Jem'Hadar bred here in the Alpha Quadrant have not proven themselves superior to those from the Gamma Quadrant. At least... not yet."

"Restoring warp power may not be so simple for them. It took us a week just to learn how to pilot one of their ships."

"I am First Kudak'Etan. In a strange way, you are the reason I exist. If you had not eliminated our fleet in the wormhole, there would have been no need to breed Alpha Quadrant Jem'Hadar."

"I know what he's thinking because it's exactly what I would be doing in his position. You should kill him now, before he has a chance to put his plan into motion."

"You are the Second. I am the First. Do not presume to tell me what to do."

"Okay. I'm in no hurry to reach a Dominion prison camp. You want me to teach your men how to repair the warp drive, that's fine with me. We'll begin with the primary command and control systems -- that should take about six hours. Then we'll work our way up to basic engineering theory for a class seven warp drive, then --"

Sisko, when they didn't want to let him have any crew to repair the ship?

"And they say you don't have a sense of humor."

Worf sneaking a joke, in front of Quark, who gave this reply at the end of the show.

"Mr. Worf, I think your wife is here."

The shrunken runabout was spotted.

"The magnetic plasma guides are heating up."

"They must've initiated the impulse prestart sequence."

"What does that mean?"

"It means this entire conduit is about to be filled with superheated plasma."

"When you say superheated..."

"If I can't find another way out of here, we'll be vaporized. Is that clear?"

"Crystal."

If they were in a system when it heated up, that would be the end of the runabout.

Go, George!

"Unfortunately, Starfleet General Order 104, Section B, leaves me no choice; Paragraph 1A clearly states—"

"To blazes with regulations! You can't let him take command when you know he's wrong!"

"Upon finding your first officer reluctant to take aggressive action–"

"You mean you're the lunatic who's responsible for almost destroying my ship?..."

"I told you, I am in command and I will give the orders, captain; we are going to turn and attack."

"Matt, where's your crew?"

"On the third planet."

"There is no third planet."

"Don't you think I know that? There was, but not anymore! They called me, they begged me for help – four hundred of them! I couldn't... I-I couldn't..."

George

"Captain’s log, supplemental. Stardate... unknown. Our strange captivity continues. This planet is called _______. We do not know its location. We do not know who controls it. Its dangers... are abundantly clear."

"Will you provide all my nourishment?"

"Of course, I am your drill thrall. I will train you well."

"Yes, I'm sure you will. I must say, I've never seen a top sergeant who looked like you."

"What does that mean?"

"It means you're a very beautiful woman."

"What in the name of heaven is this?"

"Heaven's got very little to do with this."

Dang, I was hoping that one would be harder!

What gave it away? The mention of "drill thrall"?

I knew they weren't quotes from TNG or DS9.

I figured they were PROBABLY TOS (which they were.)

Then I saw "drill thrall" and "train." So, there's training for combat. TOS didn't have a "hot war",

so that would be training but not for a war- meaning someone's private combat.

That made the most likely candidate "Gamemasters of Triskelion."

"You know the Rules of Acquisition?"

"I am a graduate of Starfleet Academy. I know many things."

"That's one."

"I believe she was killed by a remat detonator -- a device programmed to scramble a transporter beam during rematerialization. They're typically no more than two cubic millimeters in size, so it may have been hidden in her clothes or even injected under her skin."

"That device is typically used by the Romulans. However, they're also sold on the black market."

"That's one."

"I believe she was killed by a remat detonator -- a device programmed to scramble a transporter beam during rematerialization. They're typically no more than two cubic millimeters in size, so it may have been hidden in her clothes or even injected under her skin."

"That device is typically used by the Romulans. However, they're also sold on the black market."

"She was always so afraid... afraid that she'd be caught and executed. But she never stopped. I once told her I thought she was braver than the rest of us, because she had to live with fear every day."

"That's two."

"That's one."

"She was always so afraid... afraid that she'd be caught and executed. But she never stopped. I once told her I thought she was braver than the rest of us, because she had to live with fear every day."

"That's two."

"That's three."

"It doesn't sound natural."

"No kidding."

"I mean, I know they're using some kind of scrambler to disguise the voice, but there's something else the rhythms don't sound natural... more like a composite of words from different speeches put together."

"You can tell that through all the distortion?

"It's the lobes. The intonation and phrasing are just slightly off."

"I make it a policy never to argue with someone's lobes."

"Okay... let's say these are composite messages. Does that help us?"

"Maybe.

Since the first word in all three messages is the same, let's assume that it's simply been copied three times. That gives me a reference to begin screening out the electronic interference."

"That's one."

"That's two."

"That's three."

"No kidding."

"I mean, I know they're using some kind of scrambler to disguise the voice, but there's something else the rhythms don't sound natural... more like a composite of words from different speeches put together."

"Maybe.

Since the first word in all three messages is the same, let's assume that it's simply been copied three times. That gives me a reference to begin screening out the electronic interference."

"None of you should've been on Bajor! It wasn't your world. For fifty years you raped our planet and killed our people. You lived on our land and took the food from our mouths, so I don't care if you held a phaser in your hand or ironed shirts for a living. You were all guilty and you were all legitimate targets!"

"And that's what makes you a murderer. Indiscriminate killing... no sense of morality... no thought given to the consequences of your action. That's what makes us different."

"I was a soldier. You're just a bitter old man out for revenge."

"I am bringing the guilty to justice. And unlike you, I take care to protect the innocent."

Is this the DS9 episode where Major Kira had been guilty of terrorist activities (pre-DS9) and Odo covered it up?

George

No, that wouldn't be a description of this episode. I'm not sure which one you're referencing,

But that wouldn't apply to this one.

"That's one."

"That's two."

"That's three."

"No kidding."

"Maybe.

"None of you should've been on Bajor! It wasn't your world. For fifty years you raped our planet and killed our people. You lived on our land and took the food from our mouths, so I don't care if you held a phaser in your hand or ironed shirts for a living. You were all guilty and you were all legitimate targets!"

"And that's what makes you a murderer. Indiscriminate killing... no sense of morality... no thought given to the consequences of your action. That's what makes us different."

"I was a soldier. You're just a bitter old man out for revenge."

"I am bringing the guilty to justice. And unlike you, I take care to protect the innocent."

------

"Since she was an informant, it stands to reason that Fala was killed for providing information to the Resistance... information that the Shakaar used to plan an attack on a Cardassian target. The killer is probably someone either injured or who lost a family member or friend in that attack."

"We planned dozens of attacks based on Fala's information. It could be any of them."

"Not any. we're dealing with an operation in which you played a prominent part. Perhaps you could make a list of all the attacks by the Shakaar that you participated in... ?"

--------

Those exchanges are from Kira and Odo, Kira and a Ferengi I believe it's Nog, and Kira and a Cardassian, but not one we know as a recurring character.

The "That's one" "That's two" and "That's three" quotes: They are messages received. And that's what the Ferengi and Kira are discussing in the other quote posted. Oh, and it's Kira's voice in those messages.

Let's see if I can remember the plot...

There was a Cardassian wanting to kill Bajorans who killed Cardassians. Kira was one of his targets. And so were some of Kira's resistence cell partners.

And that's all I remember for now... :(

It's a dark episode so I'm guessing second half of the series, not in the first seasons of it.

Ok, let's see....

Those exchanges are from Kira and Odo, Kira and a Ferengi I believe it's Nog, and Kira and a Cardassian, but not one we know as a recurring character.

Correct. Except you left out the opening exchange. Jadzia and Worf.

The "That's one" "That's two" and "That's three" quotes: They are messages received. And that's what the Ferengi and Kira are discussing in the other quote posted. Oh, and it's Kira's voice in those messages.

Right- that was one of the things that sticks with people who remember the episode- the messages

were composites of Kira's voice.

They were received from the Cardassian who was not a recurring character.

Let's see if I can remember the plot...

There was a Cardassian wanting to kill Bajorans who killed Cardassians. Kira was one of his targets. And so were some of Kira's resistence cell partners.

He wanted to kill the members of the cell that blew up a Gul's bedroom- while he was a room away and also injured.

He thought being a non-combatant meant he should have been exempt from battle-wounds.

Kira thought all Cardassians on Bajor supported-and were complicit with- the occupation, and thus were "military targets."

And that's all I remember for now... :(

It's a dark episode so I'm guessing second half of the series, not in the first seasons of it.

It was called the Mousetrap...

No, actually, it was "the Darkness and the Light".

Since it was a Season 5'er, it is from later in the series.

Ronald Moore especially liked that the characters didn't have that fake 180-degree turn and apologize. which is common in television. Kira does not feel sorry for her actions as a resistance fighter, and considers all Cardassians on Bajor "guilty", and meeting non-combatants didn't change her even a little.

Your turn!

DS9 changed a lot from the earlier rather funny and cheerful episodes to the more dark, depressing, emotionally heavy episodes when they discover the Dominion and continue through the war. So my comment that's why I commented on the episode as more likely to be from the second half of the series.

Anyway. Because I took too long to post the next quotes... here's one easy to guess episode:

"Try this."

"What is it?"

"Just try it. It's an Earth drink... prune juice."

"A warrior's drink."

"At least, with a tactical officer on board, they will have a chance to defend themselves well, Captain... it may be a matter of seconds or minutes... but those could be the minutes that change history..."