GreaseSpot Cafe

Is this GreaseSpot for a bunch of whiners???

Warren

Frankly, I prefer cheese with my whine...

When I first came to Trancechat - an old ex-way site that was up and running in 1997 (?), I remember reading all the posts and thinking that "these people should just get over it". Of course, I was still in TWI at the time - not loving it, but still refusing to see it for what it was.

Over the years Trancechat, Waydale and Grease Spot have made it possible for me to whine (really b!tch) about TWI. I was able to unload all my frustrations and doubts in the hope I would "get over it". I have come to realize that even though I have left TWI, parts of it will never leave me. So no - even after 6 years of freedom - I'm not completely "over it".

I don't come to GS every day anymore, and don't post as often as I used to. It's not because I'm "over" TWI ... I'm just busy! And honestly, I don't have as much to say anymore. It's true TWI has grown more insignificant as time passes, but it's still a huge hunk of my life.

And I also don't want to "get over" the good friends I've made over the years - whether I was in TWI or in the Cafe. I don't want to get over the ability to help other people who are just now getting out. I don't want to become someone who blots out their past - I want to learn from it.

You "get over" the flu -- you don't "get over" years of your life. They happened - you deal with them and keep moving forward. But to tell anyone to "get over it" is just plain stupid and mean-spirited. I know -- I've said it - and it was wrong to do so.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? I can't beetch about twi now? I'm still beetchin about that bad call at first base that let the Royals beat the Cards. (that was like '87?) Those effin umps will rot in hell, I'm sure. :evilshades:

And as upset as I still am about that ... who is tellin me I gotta get over those twi bastids that effed with so many good people? Beyond the healing and get over it and whatever ... it is just a reality ... I will joyously light and fuel the fires of internet hell by always referring to those turkeys with appropriate degradation. :evilshades:

I have to add a couple of more thoughts here being the nice guy that I am. Warren this may resonate with you a bit.

When I left TWi in 1987 I never looked back. Maybe thought of them a dozen times in the first two months. The reason I am on GSC is that last year an OLD friend who I have known since I was five yrs old emailed me and told me to check the place out. I did and it was kinda interesting at first but not visceral at all - just interesting. There was some attraction to hearing posts about things that were somewhat in common but for the most part I just kinda watched.

I never had any of the horrible experiences many people here did. Had some stupid ones, typical TWI ones - but not the evil that some have posted.

At some point I noticed new folks - just leaving TWI - and in real dire pain - some still trying to make choices. Now if I send heated and to the point posts it ain't because I am whining. I have nothing to really whine about. BUT and this is a big as$ed but - As I read those painful posts I feel some desire to help those NEWLY pained people as well as some who have been damaged over the years almost irreparably - whose pain will continue because THEY HAVE BEEN DAMAGED IN A PERMANENT WAY.

So I just post reality about TWI for the newbies and the oldies alike. Whining? Naw - just wanting to support a bunch of nice folk some of whom went through more than I suspect you ever dreamt of. Just letting them know there is someone(s) out there who will kick up for them. If you think that is whining you need to go get a dictionary. They are full on verbal rebuke against an organization that continues to hurt people. I think I will continue that rebuke as long as another pained person shows up at GSC. Oh yeah - if we all decided to stop talking about TWI I'd still stay here since there are good folk here unlike the randomness of most chats like AIM or YIM.

If you read all of the strong compassion on here as whining you need to get your prescription changed to something a little weaker. Yer dreamin'

Oh yeah - hmm what does cheescake have to do with whining? Or someone landing a job? Or someone's kid having successful surgery? Or someone's kid winning a baseball game?

And there I got thinking I was gonna be moderate again....perhaps I should be moderate about junk pushers, or Nazi's, or drunk drivers too... and kinda just let them all be so I don't sound like I am whining when I want them all in jail

Does anyone else remember that Corps Night when LCM played the Eagles song called "Get Over It?"? It was the topic of his teaching that night. He ripped into everyone and anyone who had any doubts about how he was running things, and he kept repeating that we should all just "get over it". Warren, were you there? I still like Eagles music, but always fast forward through that particular song. -X

Rummie- :eusa_clap:

I come here for the wine..er, whine myself. Can I have some cheesecake with that? :biglaugh:

Seriously, Warren, I have been one of those considerably healed by what I found here-and I've been out for 25 years. Never had a place to get over my Waybrain (they were right, I was wrong thinking) until I found this place last year. So, I'll stay til I get thrown out, or until is there is not ONE MORE PERSON that may need what little help I can offer.

Many of us didn't either Warren. We were so used to doing what we were told and we had already been worn down so that few if any of us were thinking straight when we left.

I hope we can welcome you aboard with a different persspective now. Come grow with us...play with us. Hang around and get to know some of the personalities here. You'll find compassion and learning and eventually much better understanding.

Live the rest of your life a whole lot better then.

Thank you all, maybe I needed to ask this for my own self...no offense met...when it first fell apart I didn't feel it...I thought, it was later on, it started to come out and affect me...Love! all
Well, thanks at least for coming back. No offense meant you say, but offense was given. You probably don't know how often someone pops up here on the forums telling us to "get over it", or takes us to task for speaking negatives...blah, blah, blah.

Does anyone else remember that Corps Night when LCM played the Eagles song called "Get Over It?"? It was the topic of his teaching that night. He ripped into everyone and anyone who had any doubts about how he was running things, and he kept repeating that we should all just "get over it".

It would have been better had he played, "Take it Easy":

"Take it easy, take it easy

Don’t let the sound of your own wheels make you crazy..."

(lookin' at the entire lyrics and thinking about a certain former president of TWI

man o man o man!)

Whiners, hardly. In fact, Greasespot reminds me of a place in the Old West, where, if one more TWIer shouted one more legalism or snotty remark at anyone here, then anyone here would call them out to the street for a showdown. Frankly, judging from years of being here, this is where they fight their war. Better this way than the way some would prefer to fantasize on doing it. I believe the Greasespot Cafe is the perfect element to let those who experienced this emotional holocaust to let off steam. Better that than the obvious alternative of kicking their butts. One just has to notice how everyone here has refrained from going after TWI any other way.

Psychological abuse, rape, robbery, and wasted years are things I don't consider "whining" about. The issues are real and deep. This is going to be heard for years to come.

Eagle

Psychological abuse, rape, robbery, and wasted years are things I don't consider "whining" about. The issues are real and deep. This is going to be heard for years to come.

Eagle

Anyone else thinks this is worthy of the "Greasespot Gems" list?

Loved the poem WW!

Thanks.

I sometimes find that a "parable" or poem articulates my thinking better than me just trying to say it

plainly.

(Off-topic: I find the subject of how many poems, over the years, never got all the proper attributions,

or mysteriously got attributed to vpw somewhere along the lines, a fascinating one.)

Hi Warren,

I wasn't even in TWI and Grease Spot to me has been nothing but a place of healing for me because even though you may think TWI is dead, it still lives on through many splinter groups that ruin lives, break hearts and physically, mentally, and spiritually crush people. Being one of those people who believed the lies perpetuated by TWI and then passed down to us I am very thankful for a place I can come now to either air my heart out or just get a good laugh with people who understand me when I'm having a hard day. I pray for you the same thing.

Hey grand-daughter...

You are very right, as TWI and what they do does live on through many splinter groups. I used to think they were pretty unique.. Well, I think most people did that stayed for any long amount of time (for me only 10years).. But it's sad to find out that the Body of Christ being destroyed left and right by groups all over..

Only it doesn't just stick with groups that splintered from The Way either.. It splinters from back in the first century when men decided they wanted to run things rather than allowing God to. Ever since then, you have men ruling over men and little care is given to those they step on to do it.

What one has to understand is how God really designed this here Church that you are a part of. There's no membership. No monthy dues (Or weekly ABS) required. No.. Nothing like that at all.. Christ came that we would have a way to be reconciled back to our Heavenly Father. He died that we would be brought back together as one big family. As ONE! That was his desire more than anything. That was God's desire since the foundation. Oneness. Husband and Wife.. They aren't married after the resurrection. Why? Cause it is a sign for now of what God desires. Not then. The closeness. The likemindedness. The love one has for another. Not the, I trump you, and I'm in charge. God doesn't even do that, instead He gives us the choice! That's why adultry and divorce is so much an abomination with Him. You ruin the sign that God deisgned!

Once Christ laid down his life, God raised Him up as He promised. He set Him on high, gave him power over all. ANd now Christ is in charge.. NOW. Not later, NOW. He is in charge of His Church, His soon to be bride. He is THE HEAD! Christ. So all these denominations and groups that promote any other headship is promoting idolatry. And anytime you replace that Head that God placed, you begin to be led by someone other than God and His ordained (Christ = 'annointed') Son.. Men are great. But we are humans, we make mistakes, and none are perfect, except our Lord. That's why we aren't the head. That's why all we are is to submit to one another, help one another, be there for one another, and grow with one another. One day, one is able to lead, the next day another. There's no positions in the church. Only fellowship.. We all are called to function in that fellowship. In that body. To give and help nurture and grow one another. To reprove and correct one another. None of thise I'm in charge, I'm the leader, Respect me because I said so! No, respect is earned and that's because of their functioning! Not their freakin idiotic title. Way Corps, Advanced Class, Revened. Who gives a freakin care?! You shouldn't. That's man made bull. That's not of God. God gave some to BE.. To BE in the sense that they are doing. They are doing the works of a teacher, a prophet or so on.. That doesn't make them your head. One day one teaches, the next day someone else might have what needs to be taught. We all are called to function. Some are just better than other s at some things. BUt that also doesn't make them YOUR HEAD!! Christ is. None other (less your married, then it's your husband). We all are called to lead and teach and help. No pyramid structure here. Christ told his disciples so. 'The Gentiles', He said, 'Lord it over one another, but let it not be so among you'.. Lord it over isn't just in a negative since. it's in all senses.. They aren't your LORD! Christ is our LORD. We are brothers and sisters. Nothing more.. No heads, no leadership.. Only those who lead by example. Those who give cause there is a need, not cause someone wants some high dollar cameras to produce a class! Those who organize things cause they desire to help.. Those that heal (pastors) because they have a genuine love for one another.. No.. Nothing about the worldly church. The Way is just another of them.. Men and women fighting over who is in charge. Trying to be 'The ONE'..

News Flash: The ONE already came and died and is waiting for us to let him be our head!

Do I just ramble all the time? Maybe.... Sorry... Ok... I'm gone..

• 2 weeks later...
and to this day, and yes this day I have gotten messages , threats, and ultimatums, as to what TWI wants, or so an so filth of the crowd.

several attacks on me at opportune times resulting in various injuries, and almost killing me twice ; they attacked my ex-wife and daughter in rage of intimidation, and almost got shot then by her

"can't we get somethin done about Ron Conner , or one of their "still devout " , comes through another church at me with some accusation. This !@#$%^ has gone one for 16 years with very few months missing a confrontation.

Martindales father up in VA had me arrested once

GOD Bless.

connerron

Why would they be after you like that Ron? What did you do to them? Is it you who knows where the bodies are buried? :blink:

When we left, no one was after us... spooky!

• 2 weeks later...