GreaseSpot Cafe

LCM - anything good to say?

Twinky

Time for a change of pace, perhaps…

We all have our horror stories about LCM. I wondered if there were any good things to be said, practical advice given that was sound and worth following.

On a cold morning recently, I was wiping the heavy condensation off my car prior to going to work. I was reminded of a cold morning at HQ – well, it was probably a winter lunchtime – when LCM started going on about people clearing off their cars in winter. He wanted the front and back windscreens of vehicles completely cleared of snow and ice before those vehicles were driven, not just a little hole cleared in the front to peer through (don’t remember him mentioning the front side windows, but the same would apply).

This was coupled with a threat that anyone found not clearing their windscreens would be instantly dismissed from the campus.

I happen to think that he was absolutely right on this occasion, especially in view of the large number of pedestrians that could be found at certain times of the day in and around the grounds.

Yes, it was just "common sense" and no special revelation needed, but lots of people did not (and still do not) do such simple things (you in TX don't have the need!) and clearly people needed to be told or reminded.

Not starting a fan club here, but does anyone want to add any other genuinely useful advice?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A teaching he did in the mid-70s helped me make a decision that dramatically and permanently changed my life for the better. I've always been thankful for that, even though I wasn't a big fan of his after he got so big for his britches.

And as ex-10 says, he could be very funny--especially when he wasn't being cruel in his humor.

hiway, I think that was just his ego. Every time I saw him play, he played quarterback for both sides. He probably thought he was so superior in that position that it just wouldn't be fair for anyone else to have to QB against him.

in the sickthpphth kork, we had a fair number of guys who could really play qb--4 or 5 I can remember for sure. Craig did not always play but when he did he did like to qb a lot. Craig was a tight end in college, he was not exactly a great qb.

One time, I was on Craig's team, playing receiver and we had not scored a touchdown yet when Craig was called away to do something. The guy who started playing qb asked me 2 plays later if I could take my man deep on the inside and I said sure, hit me on my break about 20 yards down. He hit me in stride, I scored and we went on to win (we were trailing when Craig left). Craig asked us later if we won and we told him that we had. He was fine with it but I think in later years that kind of thing might have p1ssed him off.

He sure thought he was a stud basketball player but he always seemed a bit of a ball hog. The worst on that score was G**ald W**nn, he acted like it was first and ten on the hardwood. He was dangerous and I quit playing b-ball my last year in rez cuz it was a freaking scrimmage out there, everybody driving the lane w/ their head down and shoulder lowered-yikes!! :asdf:

Edited by alfakat

At pfal 77 my (then) wife Mary walked into a street sign, hitting her head on the corner of it.

Lcm was walking about 20 feet behind us, and saw what happened before I did.

He immediately came forward and prayed for her.

The bump on her head did not disappear, but she was really comforted by the prayer.

After praying for her for a minute or so, he made a light hearted joke

about *walking* (or something like that), smiled, and walked away.

He sure thought he was a stud basketball player but he always seemed a bit of a ball hog. The worst on that score was G**ald W**nn, he acted like it was first and ten on the hardwood. He was dangerous and I quit playing b-ball my last year in rez cuz it was a freaking scrimmage out there, everybody driving the lane w/ their head down and shoulder lowered-yikes!! :asdf:

Ha Ha Fel lcm had no game I stomped his butt many a night and once in particular I beat him with a corner shot in his face. No wonder he tried to kick me out of the sicketh corp so many times.

:spy:

Honestly, I have nothing nice to say. I thought hard about it. And I do not have one even slightly nice thing to say. No story, no teaching, no nice interaction... Nothing.

As much as I do not like VP, I have a few good exchanges there, but not even a benine story of Craig. So, the answer is NO. I have nothing nice to say as I have never seen him be remotely nice.