GreaseSpot Cafe

I love the decorations

Dot Matrix

This is pretty! May I have a glass of that champagne. Sure would hit the spot.....

Took down the tree. What a bisquit. Oh, what are those icons that appear, Insert etc....Is there a tutorial for us dum dums?

Happy trails,

janis

Very nice! Not quite as readable, but festive. (actually the yellow background is as readable, come to thunk of it). Calvin seems to like it. (his transparent background makes it look like he's actually dancing in and to the side of those streamers - COOL!) The new profile features look cool and will add a lot.

I'm assuming that the New Years decorations will convert to something different after a bit...? If so, that's very cool, more new stuff coming! I'm so excited I can't sit still.

Good job, especially the graphics up now. And most importantly, everything appears to work right outta the gate. That's the sign of a successful upgrade! The effort shows, good work!

Edited by socks

since you asked for our thoughts (somewhere- I know you must have, LOL) here are mine:

I have no prob with the lightness of the background, however at first look, it seems to me that the separation between posts is not as obvious as it was. They seem to run together to my eye.

The titles of sections seem to be misplaced by half a line. The are half in the lighter part of the banner and half in the gold/yellow part. (i.e. "fast reply", the thread title, all the links at the top of the page to gallery, livechat, calendar etc.)

The button titles are hard to read, perhaps because of their compressed height or , is it because of the white font fill color?

I like the fonts in the avatar areas, and also those in the posts themselves.

wow, the sidepanel that comes up when you click quote is cool. lots of stuff there.

what does +quote do?

~HAP

Edited by HAPe4me

And I can't seem to add color, to words anymore.

Not complaining mind you -- I'm guessing this will be a thing of the past,

when the site is fully up and running.

However -- it was pretty easy (yesterday) to highlight/color certain portions of text.

Meebe it's just me, and I haven't figured it out yet.

Hap,

We've noticed a couple unwanted features that show up in particular browsers. Which browser are you using?

DMiller,

In the editor, the top row next to Sizes has a drop-down that has an "A" on it (at least in the Standard editor, haven't looked at the RTE editor yet). Use this to change the font color.

Thanks Greasy Tech! The boards look awesome! I love partying at the cafe!

Lots of new things here that I have no idea what to do with! :biglaugh: But I'll have fun experimenting.

But my absolute favorite thing on the new boards- SPELLCHECK!! Thank you! Thank you! :) Except ieSpell is not detected on my computer, and I'm not taken to the download page. :(

BTW, is there a reply button somewhere on the PM's like there was on the old board?

I'm not seeing *editor* anywhere.

I get a blank spot for fonts (the drop down arrow won't work)

I get a blank spot for sizes (the drop down arrow won't work)

And I see an A (for text color), and the drop down arrow doesn't work there either.

btw --again -- I'm not complaining.

I figure I am doing something wrong,

or if it's not my fault, I figure it is a glich due to the *newness*

I'll dink around with it some more, and try to figure out where I'm missing it. :)

Oh --forgot to add --I'm used to adding the {color=#330000] thing. It was a treat to be able to highlight certain portions of text, without typing in the code.

But like I say -- Nemmermind me. You asked a question, and I replied.

I will figure out how to live with this site, as I have in the past.

Despite the upgrades *confusion* -- what is offered here,

is MUCH MORE important than how it affects me. :)

Hap,

We've noticed a couple unwanted features that show up in particular browsers. Which browser are you using?

I don't know what I mentioned that would be "unwanted features", but I was using IE6 through AOL. I can try Mozilla and let you know if there is a difference for me if you want.

~HAP

I clicked on one poster's name, to find a post they had made,

(in order to reply properly in a pm)

and clicking on the *posts* in their profile it just blinked at me --

and showed no info about their posts.

This is gonna be harder than I thought.

It's gotta be me, and my ignorance.

The only thing I can think of is to check that you have javascript enabled and do not have any ad-blocking extensions. Other than that, stumped.

Tried it with Firefox on Mac and Linux and both function fine.