GreaseSpot Cafe

What Do Women Want In Men?

Eagle

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks have never been important to me. A genuine smile with kind eyes and a healthy self-esteem makes any man handsome in my book. In fact, my friends laugh cause I think John Goodman and Jim Belushi are da bomb!

Amen sistah on the smiling and genuinely showing happiness! What about Jack Black? I think he's da bomb too!

Edited by Nottawayfer

(My comments are in bold)

I love this stuff, hearing what women claim they're looking for in a guy. Uh huh.

"I want a guy who likes long romantic stolls on the beach at midnight, pillow fights, and snuggling up by the fire and eating 'Frangos'. Oh, and he has to have clean fingernails too!"

This sounds more like Jr. High girlfriends at a pj party.

I tend to be a little more pragmatic these days in my expectations, like "Does she weigh less than my truck?" and (equally important) "Does she have a pulse?"...

ROFLMAO!!!

Edited by waterbuffalo

If he loves NASCAR, SEC sports, fried okra, good bbq and dipping his hamburger in ketchup those would be HUGE bonuses. If he wanted to whisk me away to the “real south” and save me from all these snowbirds and rude northerners in Florida, he might never get rid of me. Ditto if he wants to have kids and/or has youngsters of his own

Change that to

If he loves Fishing, jazz concerts, mushrooms and garlic, good bbq and dipping his hamburger in ketchup those would be HUGE bonuses. If he wanted to whisk me away to the “Oregon coast” and save me from all these californicators in Alaska, he might never get rid of me.

and Belle's lst fits just fine

Come on, Guys! There's ways around the NASCAR thing - we can get picture in picture TV or just set up 2 TV's, but I do "crank it up" when they do. There's also SEC Football Season, Baseball and other stuff... I'm willing to negotiate the entertainment, just not the burps, farts and beer. :biglaugh:

Jack Black can eat cookies in my bed anytime, Notta!! I've seen him interviewed about his wife and son and I'll bet they just have the best darn time!

Polar Bear, then I would expect him to be especially kind to the janitor! ^_^

p.s. - I suppose I'd be willing to negotiate the beer as long as the substitute is along the lines of good wine, good whiskey or anything other than little "fruity drinks" with umbrellas. You'd better be taking me somewhere tropical if yer gonna serve those.

Edited by Belle

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Tom Strange,

Thank you so much for responding to my personal ad!

Your first few emails about walks on the beach, quiet evenings at home, romantic dinners, blah blah blah had me thinking you were just run-of-the-mill.

This last email of yours in which you include the Girlfriend Trainer video has got me all worked up!

My divorce will be finalized in just a couple of months.

Train me baby!

Sincerely,

She who lives to obey

PS I LOVE YOU! Please wait for me!

:biglaugh:

• 7 months later...
I love to laugh and any man who can make me laugh is a winner in my book. BUT, not all of us have the same sense of humor, so his funny bone would need to be somewhat warped. And, of course, he’d need to think I’m funny, too.

I don’t trust people who don’t smile and will NOT date someone who doesn’t genuinely smile or laugh much. I don’t buy that ‘still waters run deep’ crap – if I’m always worried that you’re not happy then I’m not going to be happy.

He needs to be a gentleman and respectful to everyone, even the janitor. He should be able to banter and joke around with just folks from every walk of life. He should be color blind and class blind.

He should be self-confident enough to allow me to do my ‘own thing’, including nights out with ‘the girls’. He should have his own interests and hobbies that he loves, but not necessarily expect me to be involved with him in those hobbies all the time and vice versa. (e.g. I love training Vixen and competing with her. I expect him to support and encourage me. I expect him to get as excited as I do about a new AKC title, but I don’t expect, or necessarily want, him to come to all the competitions.)

Since I’m still on my own little spiritual journey, I expect him to respect that and would like for him to have his own ‘spirituality’. We don’t have to believe or practice the same things, but should be able to live harmoniously together and respect each others’ beliefs.

He will definitely need to tolerate the fact that I’m no FlyLady and my house would never pass a white glove test (or have enough money to pay for a maid :D ). He must, absolutely, non-negotiably get along with my family and, as a bonus, think they are as awesome as I do. Hopefully he feels the same way about his family. I’m wary of men who have (or have had) terrible relationships with their parents.

If he loves NASCAR, SEC sports, fried okra, good bbq and dipping his hamburger in ketchup those would be HUGE bonuses. If he wanted to whisk me away to the “real south” and save me from all these snowbirds and rude northerners in Florida, he might never get rid of me. Ditto if he wants to have kids and/or has youngsters of his own.

Looks have never been important to me. A genuine smile with kind eyes and a healthy self-esteem makes any man handsome in my book. In fact, my friends laugh cause I think John Goodman and Jim Belushi are da bomb!

I think we all really just want someone who loves us exactly as we are and is our biggest cheerleader. Someone we can totally be ourselves around without having to put up walls or wear a mask around. Someone who makes us feel better about ourselves and life in general when we’re together. What that requires is going to be different for every person.

What? No has to like cheap plastic cups also. :biglaugh: