GreaseSpot Cafe

Made-up Word(s) for the day

NotMatilda

Vomitous. An overwhelming desire to bring up a hot meal; some references include the idea of premeditated hurling as portrayed by Linda Blair in The Exorcist. May be used literally, "Sorry to cut ahead on the bathroom line but I'm feeling rather vomitous after that thirteenth Boiler Maker." Or figuratively, "Sorry to cut ahead on the bathroom line but I'm feeling rather vomitous after having to listen to those two TWIt-heads at the back of the line yammer on about how some class literally changed their lives. I think thirteen Boiler Makers would do the same thing – and for a lot less money and time."

Cool idea for a thread, NotMatilda - what a fun idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by T-Bone

scritchy (adjective)

skrit-chee

Used in the morning when one awakes with scratchy, itchy eyes, due to lack of sleep. "I'm feeling scritchy this morning," loosely translated means, "look at me, touch me, or talk to me, before I've had my coffee, and I'm not responsible for the damage to your overall emotional or physical well-being."

scritchiness

Edited by ex10

Note: This is a clarifitory post for the marine oxen:

eponyms (noun) also mneumonically known as Ipanymphs

e-po-nyms

any of a passing group of potentially promiscuous brazilian babeage

eg. Tall and tan and young and lovely, the girls from Ipanema are often eponyms.

This is also a fine example of malapropism.

Edited by NotMatilda

Down-pause:

The sudden silence in a car when you drive under and underpass or bridge in a heavy rain.

"While driving to Granny's house in a thunderstorm, there were many down-pauses."

Edited by doojable

momular (adjective)

mom-u-lar

any activity generally attributed to mothers

eg. Signalled by the baby's burp, her momular activites were complete.

not to be confused with mammification, the sated state of infants after nursing,

not to be confused with mummification, a result of being doted on by British mothers,

not to be confused with smother love, a condition endured by loved ones who aren't allowed to think or act for themselves

Orientate: verb

1.) The adjusments made to a person's belt after a large dinner of Asian cuisine.

2.) Any adjustment made to physical object to make more comfortable

"All of the students were able to orientate their schedules to accomodate the Cafeteria's "Thai Thursday" menu.