GreaseSpot Cafe

For Music Lovers

polar bear

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are You doing likeanEagle? You just for to turn on HTML....I love this song so i gave you a little boost Sis! I Like Pressdowns "Like An Eagle" too! Is it why you chose it for your name?

Edited by RainbowsGirl

Andrew and I have some favorites we enjoy together.

Number one is Altan...A Scots/Irish folk band featuring Maraide Mahoney...a finer fidller and singer you'll never find.

Andrew enjoys a lot of old '60s stuff like the Beatles, Led Zeppelin etc.

Our favorite which we listen to nearly every night, however is this song called "Pie Jesu" written by Andrew Loyd Webber for all who died in the violence in northern Ireland over the years...sung by Charlotte Church.

It's in Latin and Andrew and I both studied Latin so we enjoy that part, too.

Pie Jesu

Merciful Jesus

Qui tollis peccatta mundi

Who takes away the sins of the world

Dona eis requiem

Give them rest

Agnus Dei

Lamb of God

Sempiternem

Eternally

Click on the picture to listen...

760399_170x170.jpg

How cool about how they bought our records to learn the blues because they didn't have it in their country.

And my dad would be beside himself to see this video with Carl, Eric and Johnny playing together.

Still watching in another window.

:dance:

Eric couldn't wait to talk to Carl about his picking obviously.

:eusa_clap:

Thanks, Kathy, I think I now just have one pic of Bill Monroe and me. I have his autograph on my program from that nite. I need to find it and get the exact date that we were there!!! BUT I am at work right now!!!

RG, thanks also for the kind words. We had a blast that nite backstage. I have several pics of me and stars as well as of hubby and stars.

We went the other nite and saw Alan Jackson, and a new guy that was really cool named STEVE HOLY!!!!!!!!!! "i've got a brand new girlfriend' is his current hit. Cute song. But we didnt get backstage. boo hoo...