GreaseSpot Cafe

Song of the moment

nandon

Wow! that was great!

Do you know what those instruments they're playing are?

The guitar is a total custom deal - based on a harpguitar. It's a one-of-a-kind instrument built for that musician.

The other instrument is called a "nykleharpa" - it's from Sweden, I think... sorta like a hurdy-gurdy that got busy with a guitar and keyboard....

funny how this old tune came up during a phone conversation with a good friend..........just prior to my attending a nader/gonzalez "living room informational meeting" hosted by another dear friend of mine tonight..........i'm not gonna vote for nader......i went to show her my support for her political activism, because she is a great person........real "earth mother".............we were the oldest folks there........the rest were all folks in their 20's,.......reminded me so much of the 60's.......the decade when i "came of age".......when i too, had tremendous energy and the enthusiasm of my idealistic convictions............it was great bein' there in that room full of energy and idealism.........and, once again, this song came to mind!

#

This morning is the "Gospel Morning Wakeup" at the FalconRidge Folk Festival right up the road.

Annually its always near the top of being one of my favorite musical hours of the year.

Heres a snippet from last year.

Edited by mstar1

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

Lotta great stuff!!

Being from Stockbridge i may have to go litter today just on general principal after hearing Alices..... :redface2:

Heres probably my favorite Arlo story--songs

--sing along its good for ya!

Edited by mstar1