GreaseSpot Cafe

Your Avitar...

ChasUFarley

Chas, PLEASE don't go anywhere else! :knuddel: Your wit and humor is unlike any other and your insight is amazing. You use the most important keys on the keyboard as far as I'm concerned, the "space bar" and the "enter" key. :biglaugh: And, that's the only thing that really matters to me. Even if you decided to quit using those, I'd take the time to add my own just so's I could still enjoy your input.

Krys, I love, love, love your name and avatar. I'd hate to see you change either one one 'em. I remember a long time ago you explained why you chose your screen name and it really touched me and has stuck with me through these years.

Chas will (most likely) stick around. :) I apologized via PM about my comment in post #36 .

As I said to her -- my comment about the speeling of avitar was less signifikant,

than my comment to Polar Bear about my lack of picking ability (these days).

I was told that that was understood, yet that there were others who (maliciously) correct others.

To which I agreed. Yes -- it can be done with love and grace, or malevolence.

I posted this in the *About the Way* forum ---

Personally -- I *cringe* when I see someone spell *ridiculous* as *rediculous*,

but I don't let that get in the way of my trying to understand what they want to say.

I would never *call out a person* because of their spelling,

but I have PM'ed some folks about the way they spelled certain words.

NOT trying to be Speeling Poleece or anything, just a friendly tip, and it's always been appreciated.

Shucks -- I used to spell MAYBE, as MABEY -- and REGARDLESS as REGUARDLESS.

I think it was LG who pm'ed me, and told me how WRONG those two words looked to him!

I remain forever grateful for his advice, and correction.

God bless LG, may he rest in peace. I remain forever in his debt,

for taking the time to correct me when it was a bothersome thing to him.

I guess there is a fine line between being Police, and offering friendly advice.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked mine for several reasons. It's Donna Reed as Mary Bailey in "It's a Wonderful Life", one of my all-time favorite movies. I love the message of the movie. It's the kind of encouraging movie that was needed after the nation went through WWII. I relate to Mary Bailey because I think we both married the right man.

Chas will (most likely) stick around. :) I apologized via PM about my comment in post #36 .

As I said to her -- my comment about the speeling of avitar was less signifikant,

than my comment to Polar Bear about my lack of picking ability (these days).

I was told that that was understood, yet that there were others who (maliciously) correct others.

To which I agreed. Yes -- it can be done with love and grace, or malevolence.

I posted this in the *About the Way* forum ---

God bless LG, may he rest in peace. I remain forever in his debt,

for taking the time to correct me when it was a bothersome thing to him.

I guess there is a fine line between being Police, and offering friendly advice.

We're cool :love3::wave:

Great thread, Chas. I've enjoyed everyone's explanations.

DMiller, what a thrill it must have been to hold (and PLUCK!) that fiddle. And MStar, wow, another great story! That window makes for a beautiful avatar. I love the colors and the symmetry--everything about it.

Krys, if you're tired of your avatar I suppose we can allow you to change it. :) But I love it, and as soon as I see that pretty butterfly, I know I'm in for some wise words.

I wish I had time to comment on everyone's avatar stories, but I don't, so I'm just quickly going from memory.

Oh, and Waysider, on accounta my old lady eyes, I never could see what your avatar was...I'm so glad to finally find out!

My avatar is my favorite photo of my dad and me. We were walking in a park that's still near my house. Besides reminding me of my happy childhood, it reminds me of how completely I can trust God--just as I never doubted that I was safe and cared for when my dad was holding my hand. Sappy, maybe, but it works for me.

Edited by Linda Z

Krys....I agree, if you change to anything, make it a bigger, more colorful butterfly (cuz we gals seem to grow and get more colorful as we get older) :dance:

It's pretty obvious why I picked my avatar. The day Steve! and I met face-to-face in a Philadelphia airport in the first week of March in 2001 was the day we BOTH realized we were/are home when we were/are together. (Until then, we thought we were just friends....friends that flirt a bit....but ONLY friends.)

After five years of living together and three years of marriage...it just gets sweeter, more exciting, and more joyful every day.

So, mystevey is my avatar....with me behind him, holding him (and on that occasion NOT making faces) :doh:

This avatar dates from my WayDale days. At the time, I could not reveal who I was because I was involved in the lawsuit against TWI. John Linder (Hi, John! :wave: ) and others were frantically trying to figure out exactly who were the witnesses against TWI, and exactly what damning information they had. At WayDale I posted insider info that helped expose the ugly underbelly of the cult, with enough detail TWI could tell I had access at high levels, but without revealing to TWI exactly who I was. I exposed things TWI knew to be true, including some personal incidents about VPW & LCM, but TWI had been desperately trying to hide these things from their followers.

The avatar represented for me what I wanted to convey to TWI: The cat lurked mysteriously hidden in the background, blinking knowingly, biding its time, in order to pounce and disembowel the next rat that wandered by.

For me, the message to TWI was obvious-- it was a warning: You don't know who the hell I am, or what I can do to you, or when I will strike. You approach me at your own peril.

I revealed my identity at a place and time of my own choosing, not when TWI wanted. I'm sure jaws dropped when I did.

This avatar dates from my WayDale days. At the time, I could not reveal who I was because I was involved in the lawsuit against TWI. John Linder (Hi, John! :wave: ) and others were frantically trying to figure out exactly who were the witnesses against TWI, and exactly what damning information they had. At WayDale I posted insider info that helped expose the ugly underbelly of the cult, with enough detail TWI could tell I had access at high levels, but without revealing to TWI exactly who I was. I exposed things TWI knew to be true, including some personal incidents about VPW & LCM, but TWI had been desperately trying to hide these things from their followers.

The avatar represented for me what I wanted to convey to TWI: The cat lurked mysteriously hidden in the background, blinking knowingly, biding its time, in order to pounce and disembowel the next rat that wandered by.

For me, the message to TWI was obvious-- it was a warning: You don't know who the hell I am, or what I can do to you, or when I will strike. You approach me at your own peril.

I revealed my identity at a place and time of my own choosing, not when TWI wanted. I'm sure jaws dropped when I did.

I remember - and your was always one my favorites... Didn't you have a pastel-colored cat cup before that? If I remember correctly, you had said that you got your handle from a Laurel Burch (sp?) cup you had - and I think I have one like it.

i either had none or one that wasn't a face of any kind

dear ginger tea told me to pick a face and suggested the redhead (this was back on the other greasespot). she thought the one i had wasn't nice enough for me

so i did

then i changed it (well on halloween, i changed it to rosie, but i'm not talking about)

i changed it to a little flying nun i believe

and then a poster, a friend, told me to go back to the one they were used to seeing

so i did

you can see how easily influenced i am ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

but now i'm associated with, so what the heck, right ?

i remember when someone else started to use the same avitar -- i got so confused -- i thought i was posting when i wasn't