GreaseSpot Cafe

How did Rosie get to be president?

gladtobeout

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don announced he was 'retiring' (aka taking emeritus status) because he felt it was time, yadda yadda...

How many years later was it that he passed away from cancer? Did he know he had it then? I don't know.

I know that Howard Allen was pushed out over Craig's bad decision to put all the corps on full-time pay.

Was there some particular issue Don was dumped over? Anyone know?

When I left TWI in 1989, I didn't even know if Rosie was still involved because I didn't hear anything about her.

Now she is president. What happened??

Probably what loy is asking himself every night..

:biglaugh:

I was thinking about this the other day, and here is how I see it going down in my little conspiracy theory filled brain... take it for what it's worth... it might not be much.

Ok, here goes nothing...

We know that Rosie acted as a liason (to put it nicely) coercing other females to adulturous activities with the MOG(s). She knew exactly what was happening because she was involved in it. When Don "stepped down" from office, she was a natural choice for the position, especially because she had a lot of dirt on the MOG and had exhibited that her loyalty to twi was beyond question.

So, now she is in this position as second in command to the MOG... And the lawsuits start. She uses this opportunity to take further control as evidenced in the depositions by taking control of LCM's free time by forcing him to submit a schedule to the BOD showing where he was at any given time, supposedly to make sure he was no longer involving himself in these liasons...

This is the point where the extreme scheduling crap came into effect - which actually probably made it easier to keep the women fed to LCM without anyone finding out.

So, once everything became public enough that they had to make a statement, Rosie was right there to guide LCM right out the door, probably feeding him some sort of line about keeping a cushy research job at HQ... But this wasn't the case. She had her eye on the presidency from the beginnng.

What kind of woman sacrifices other women to gain power?

*edited for spelling

Edited by JavaJane

I always felt that Rosie was chosen to be president because Martindale thought that he could easily return as president and replace her...she has no teaching ability, has no charisma and as a woman, posed no threat to his being the man of Gawd...(she was merely keeping his seat warm and posed no threat to rise up on her own and replace him)

Rosie is a cut throat administrator and could keep the trains running on time...plus, she was sleeping with Martindale's wife which almost made her part of the family... :biglaugh:

Edited by GrouchoMarxJr

It's too bad Don Wierwille didn't live. He may have been able to stop the exodus of Way people because he was so much more approachable, IMHO.

He may have been friendly enough to allow the ex-believers back to visit and obviously would have treated his mother with respect along with JP and his family. The burial place would have been respected and people, no matter who they were, would have been allowed.

That's what I believe, anyhow. Unless someone knows him better. I knew him briefly.

I'm still more interested in how she became VP... after that, the acension to the throne is fairly easy to track.

Going from what's been posted before, it's easier to follow in 20/20 hindsight.

See,

when she first joined up, she was older by a decade than the "kids" in her area.

(Remember? twi was a hippies-and-young folk group in the early 70s, mostly?)

So, she joined up, and she had more life experience (and cold cynicism) than the

idealistic kids who were there. Then, she knew how to suck up low-key to vpw.

(Remember? Sucking up to vpw was a fast-track to the inner circle back then?)

She gave the appearance of competency plus loyalty. Of course vpw signed her

into the inner circle. She made it a policy to make sure she quietly had vpw's ear

and micromanaged anything she ran until it was as bleached of personality as she

was.

She made a point to avoid the limelight (she doesn't play well on camera) while making

sure she was included in all the backroom deals and so on. And so long as she had

vpw's ear, she had carte blanche to run whatever she had been placed in charge of.

(Sorta like Imogene A- ACTUAL competency was optional.)

Then vpw handed over the throne to the next pretender. (Pretender to Christ's throne,

like vpw himself was.) Once that happened, she went from "has the ear of the president"

to "is in the inner circle and that's it."

Now, Donna M had made a point that she was going to marry a top dog in twi, after

which she married lcm. $he made her deci$ion for her own rea$ons.

Rozilla made a similar decision. Since lcm never liked Rosa-lie, she knew she couldn't

get in with HIM, but as soon as lcm was announced as the successor, she hitched her

wagon to Donna and suddenly became GREAT friends with her. Nothing official, just

made sure Donna knew she was there, and was ready to listen, etc etc, and slowly

wormed her way into Donna's circle of close friends. (Apparently, squeezing out the

others a step back, as well.)

Once she had Donna's ear, the rest can be traced. lcm realized he was in over his head

and not competent for his responsibilities, lcm begins to spend his time in "the fog

years" and goes on psychiatric medication, lcm delegates his responsibilities to others-

why, look here, Rozilla is in a position to handle some of those while he needs to

hand some off! How convenient!

So she was positioned, so to speak, on lcm's unofficial cabinet (his "kitchen cabinet",

if you will.) From there, all she had to do was keep herself within arm's reach,

and keep Donna convinced she (Rozycheeks) was able to handle responsibility,

and it's almost a forgone conclusion. Then it was just a matter of waiting until someone

else stepped down, and sneaking her behind into their chair, subtle-like.

What's she REALLY like? Let me put it this way....

When we discussed vpw himself, some people had a few positive memories of

him from personal encounters- when he was friendly and helpful.

(That happened sometimes.)

When we discussed lcm himself, some people had a few positive memories of him

from personal encounters- when he was new and "just one of the guys."

(That also happened.)

However, even when we asked specifically for them, not one of the people who had

met Rosa-lie was able to summon up a good thought for her- not one!

I think that says plenty without the details, although there's been some specifics

around here, too....

. . .

So, she joined up, and she had more life experience (and cold cynicism) than the

idealistic kids who were there. Then, she knew how to suck up low-key to vpw.

(Remember? Sucking up to vpw was a fast-track to the inner circle back then?)

. . .

Actually, sucking up to vpw is still the fast-track to the inner circle. He's a god now, passed on to the other side. He is always with us . . . :confused:

It's too bad Don Wierwille didn't live. He may have been able to stop the exodus of Way people because he was so much more approachable, IMHO.

He may have been friendly enough to allow the ex-believers back to visit and obviously would have treated his mother with respect along with JP and his family. The burial place would have been respected and people, no matter who they were, would have been allowed.

That's what I believe, anyhow. Unless someone knows him better. I knew him briefly.

I don't know about that Eagle. I heard Don speak at lunch about JP leaving. He expressed his extreme disappointment with that decision. Don followed LCM; there's no doubt about that.

I don't think it took long for Rosie to become best friends with DM. I think they clicked pretty much immediately - Rosie was older, mature, and probably filled some needs DM had. I think Rosie, the older woman, had no problem figuring out what DM needed and giving it to her. Whatever it was she offered, it was powerful enough for DM to pretty much push most of her old friends out of her life. Rosie became all and everything she needed.

I almost believe it was spiritual. She was young and easily manipulated.

Well, they've made their bed, now they can lie in it.

They probably bicker like old ladies now and hate each other - but they're stuck with each other. History keeps them together.

Bird of a feather flock together, like attracts like, and VP liked Rosie. They were of the same kind. He opened the doors for her. She wouldn't have got where she did if he hadn't.

Plus, she ran Way Prod. for years. She amassed a lot of behind the scenes power doing that. All with VP's blessing.

I'm still more interested in how she became VP... after that, the acension to the throne is fairly easy to track.

The way it was explained to me: she worked her way in, first becoming very close friends with Donna, then in the early 1990's, Craig started seeking more & more counsel from Donna & Rosalie and Don & Howard were gradually being moved out of the picture. Over time, Craig was virtually ignoring Don & Howard and Donna & Rosalie were basically running the show as his assistants. It was after that and she was the next in line.

... Don followed LCM; there's no doubt about that.

From what I've heard, there is plenty of doubt. Unless you knew Don Wierwille and knew what happened behind the scenes or knew someone who knew what happened behind the scenes, you don't know the stow-ray. Best not to speculate.

I also heard that Dr. Wierwille offered Dr. Don to be the president of the ministry first, before Craig, and Don turned that offer down.

Have a wonderful weekend, one and all!

They probably bicker like old ladies now and hate each other - but they're stuck with each other. History keeps them together.

sounds like some old old married couples I have met..

Bickering.. picking at each other..

"Daggone it Donna, if you'd just hold still, I'll squeeze the boil.."

sowwy..

From what I've heard, there is plenty of doubt. Unless you knew Don Wierwille and knew what happened behind the scenes or knew someone who knew what happened behind the scenes, you don't know the stow-ray. Best not to speculate.

I also heard that Dr. Wierwille offered Dr. Don to be the president of the ministry first, before Craig, and Don turned that offer down.

Have a wonderful weekend, one and all!

I'm not speculating anything. ;) The thing about JP was mentioned at lunch, so there was not doubt about Don's disappointment with his brother's decision to not support the ministry and to go elsewhere for fellowship. Don said himself that he was going to write JP a letter to tell him so and send it Fedex. I remember that clear as a bell. I was new on staff and couldn't figure out why this was public information.

I'm sure Don could have disagreed with some decisions LCM made and could have stood against them, but it sure wasn't evident while I was at HQ (5 years). If he wasn't supporting him, then why did he hang around after the fog years? His health sure didn't allow him to make changes. I can speculate on those reasons, but only God and Don know for sure.

Edited by Nottawayfer