GreaseSpot Cafe

To the Disciples of Jesus Christ

Ephesians 4:32

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(There is a moral (ok just a point) to this story):

Spouse: I just f*arted in your presence.

Me: Stop that. It makes me mad when you f*art in my presents.

A few days later, I became more enlightened. “Progressive revelation.”

Me: You know, f*art is just art with an “f” in front…

Now I am an art critic.

Nevermind. I’ll just throw the slimy tomatoes at myself…

Dear heart I love you with all my heart but...

Oh, I get it. This thread is a joke.

Here's a riddle for you:

Luke has it in front. Paul has it behind. Matthew doesn't have it at all. All girls have it. Boys never do. Miss Dillon had it twice in the middle before she married. Doctor Lowell had it in front and behind, but he had twice as much behind as he had in front. What is it?

The letter "L"

Ephesians:

What am I doing here? I am here to hopefully help others whenever possible. Most of us here endured alot of painful things in "that ministry" & it took a lot for us to overcome that. There are those here who want to leave "that ministry" & like we were at one time, are afraid due to the fear tactics that are used. So, what I am I doing here? I am here because I am called to be here. I am here because I CHOOSE to be here. Here is where my friends are!

You tell us to "walk in the ways of Jesus Christ." Well, Ephesians, I am doing exactly that BY being here. Jesus Christ spoke out. He helped others. And so do I.

Even LCM himself said Jesus Christ was not always loving & tender. He spoke the truth & was not afraid to do so. As followers of Jesus Christ, at times to confront something cannot be done by being "loving & tender." It was always a TWI fear tactic to tell us what is & is not a place we should be, or something we should or should not be doing. That's a control tactic. You can learn something from anyone - regardless of their faith or practices. My advice to you is stop living in a box. God is bigger than that. We are not here to bash "that ministry" but instead to help each other through the hard times & move on with our lives.

Vyctorya

God Bless!

This was and still is a message to the disciples of Jesus Christ.

If you are not included in that address, you'll have to pardon me if I ignore your posts.

I did not come here to discredit what good has been done.

Contrary to what you may think, I did not post without reading. I did read, and I read until I couldn't read anymore. Perhaps I should have named myself Ephesians 4:29.

"Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers."

If God can magnify the Word above His name, why can't His servant?

Much Love.

This place is not good.

Would you care to be a bit more specific regarding what it is that you find "not good"?

This was and still is a message to the disciples of Jesus Christ.

If you are not included in that address, you'll have to pardon me if I ignore your posts.

I'm curious to know how you plan to determine who warrants your dismissal.

"Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers."

Ya know, that's a darn good question.

While sitting in countless Corps meetings, and listening to VP or LCM, self-proclaimed servants of God, defame and gutstrip yet another brother or sister of mine. and/or their spouse, and go on for a good half hour and more about details of their lives that would have better remained private, and I had no way to verify what they were spouting about them was true, I often wondered what was edifying about it.

I can only assume since you say you read so much, you surely must have read of this uplifting and edifying speech LCM gave about a dead man who could not defend himself:

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/main2/waydal...mised-land.html

How edifying was THAT for the Corps and staff to listen to?

At least here, we can question, challenge, compare notes, and verify. In TWI, we had to swallow it hook, line, and sinker without question, and God forbd you should challenge VP. I did once. It wasn't pretty. And he lied to my face.

You might want to check some of the archives and documents. Very interesting.

Nothing edifies like the truth.

The truth might shock you. You might have a hard time hearing it at first, especially if you are more accustomed to ignoring it.

The light, shined into the eyes of a cavedweller, is uncomfortable at first.

But it's a lot more inviting here in the sunshine than to dwell in a cave full of creepy-crawly things and subsist on BS...

Edited by Catcup

. . .

. . .

Could you please explain this? Where does this statement come from? Why does twi mention at most every service? What does it mean?

Thanks Ephesians....for loving me.

I consider myself a disciple of Jesus Christ. I try to live like He would want me to live with discipline....most of the time.

I try to do what is right, most of the time.....

I try to speak grace unto the hearers..............

I try to love my neighbor as myself........ sometimes.......(when they aren't parking on my lawn)

I try to not covet ( i do need a new car)................

I don't steal.........(anymore)..................

I try not to envy......................(wow they got the car I want!)

I try not to boast.................(enough about you, what about ME)

I try to be slow to anger (you are not listening to me...)

try try try..........................try.........................

I try to do all these things, but gosh darnit, but the wrong thing always creep back in my face some way or another................

I confess, repent of my sins, surrender with my brokeness, time and time again.

I guess I am not ''disciplined'' enough.

That sinful bug, it's a doozy.

Good thing God is merciful, and forgiving. He forgets my stinkiness and loves me warts and all.

Now, why do I come here?

Because GS helped me get out of that pit called the Way.

Without it, I would still be singing ''the dead are dead'', dancing in a suit, judging everyone and thinking that they are all losers, and still having NO relationship with my Lord.

Do people here hold some bitterness and anger in their hearts..???

YUP

you betcha

So? It's not for me to judge. I got my own junk to deal with.

But, this is where , for some, a lifetime of hell is finally understood.

This is where, they can START to find healing.

Would it be more beneficial for some to let go of anger and bitterness and not come here anymore?

Maybe. But, healing takes many forms, and takes different phases for everyone.

Would you like healing?

Sounds like you got a case of the Pharisee bug.

I am not judging YOU , just your words.

Feel free to continue to love us all and post your opinions.

Just try to keep your fingers to yourself.

(((mwah))))

I'll say the same thing I said to another poster..

I don't know if you've noticed, but the whole stinking world is on fire.

Some of us here have found our real calling in life..

no, I don't try to be superman anymore.. I'm past that kind of delusion..

but some of us "little people" could really use some help.

If you can do ANYTHING.. I have a couple of fires that could be put out..

:)

So far, religious knuckle heads haven't been able to do a whole heck of a lot.. other than "I love you".. i.e. be warmed, be filled, but I've been sent away rather empty..

I would LOVE to be proved wrong..

Do you know what I like about Grease Spot Café? The freedom everyone has to think for themselves and be themselves. It's about exposing the hypocrisy, mind games, plagiarism, manipulation, toxic doctrines and sexual predators of TWI. It's a meeting place for folks [great folks I might add…and uhm mostly folks who are sick and tired of TWI's BS I should add on top of that] to connect, share wisdom…to get healed and help others heal…develop friendships…and a million other wonderful things!

I'm not surprised when all that gets missed by a TWI sympathizer. TWI produced a virulent strain of idolatry – a worship of the Bible. Symptoms of TWI's infection: self-assuming, arrogance, pride, preference for a knowledge of the Bible over genuine relationships with God and people, blind legalism, and thinking the knowledge of Scripture makes one spiritually and morally superior to others.

I've got a hard time believing TWI was ever a Christian organization. What throws many people off is their Christian veneer. They quote lots of verses and say they're Christian. But what it comes down to – is that TWI folks worship their interpretation of the Bible. Mind boggling to think about. Jesus Christ said at the heart of the law and the prophets [the Bible of His day] was a love for God and people. TWI twisted that around - loving knowledge of the Bible over loving God and people.

It may seem odd to think of people worshipping the Bible – it's something from God. However, people can make an idol out of anything. In Numbers, God told Moses to make a bronze snake for people to gaze upon and be healed. A while later in Kings we read of the Israelites worshipping it!

Numbers 21:6-9 NIV

6 Then the LORD sent venomous snakes among them; they bit the people and many Israelites died. 7 The people came to Moses and said, "We sinned when we spoke against the LORD and against you. Pray that the LORD will take the snakes away from us." So Moses prayed for the people.

8 The LORD said to Moses, "Make a snake and put it up on a pole; anyone who is bitten can look at it and live." 9 So Moses made a bronze snake and put it up on a pole. Then when anyone was bitten by a snake and looked at the bronze snake, he lived.

II Kings 18:1-4 NIV

1 In the third year of Hoshea son of Elah king of Israel, Hezekiah son of Ahaz king of Judah began to reign. 2 He was twenty-five years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem twenty-nine years. His mother's name was Abijah [a] daughter of Zechariah. 3 He did what was right in the eyes of the LORD, just as his father David had done. 4 He removed the high places, smashed the sacred stones and cut down the Asherah poles. He broke into pieces the bronze snake Moses had made, for up to that time the Israelites had been burning incense to it. (It was called [b] Nehushtan. [c] )

I like the broad spectrum of viewpoints everyone brings to GSC. This is a very healing, loving, and enlightening place. Everybody has their own way of doing things, and it all works together so well. What freedom! And to any Christian that finds fault in another Christian helping people deal with TWI BS – please consider the following passage:

Mark 9:38-41 NIV

38 "Teacher," said John, "we saw a man driving out demons in your name and we told him to stop, because he was not one of us."

39 "Do not stop him," Jesus said. "No one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me, 40 for whoever is not against us is for us. 41 I tell you the truth, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to Christ will certainly not lose his reward.

Edited by T-Bone

Whew - that's so spiritually heavy - god told you to say that?

I'm leaving - heart pierced by the truth... and I'm not going to stop until I see wayprod dancing in the gazebo.... oh wait... I came to my senses, god wouldn't have someone waste their time with that sort of fruitless bs :doh: , so rosie...

my dear rosie.... your shiny new Epesians screenname isn't a real cool one :nono5: ... and like I told you before, and shouldn't have to f'ing tell you again! If you're going to post that sort of crap... go on over to MySpace, and dump it into one of the two twi groups there, where thy borg is situated. Their conversation just wreaks of legalism, and your post will apply well actually.

Oh, and while I've got you reading this - send me back my money b_tch! :dance:

:sleep1:http://groups.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseac...1d-0bae00b3c77b

:asdf:http://groups.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseac...73-cd061f2f614c

Edited by waytrix survivor

This is a special message to the disciples of Whitewashing Incorporated. You’re wasting your time here trying to cover up the sins of TWI. This tactic is not good – you are giving away your position…unless of course, you think defending hypocrisy is a good thing.

God bless you and make you abound in all things,

I love you. Let me say that again. I love you.

What are you doing here? This place is not good. And I don't think you need me to tell you that. What are you doing here?

There are better things for you to do than come to this place. Followers of Jesus Christ, be loving and tender, and walk in the ways of Jesus Christ. This place is not your home, and there are better things for you to do.

Welcome to this place Ephesians.