GreaseSpot Cafe

songs remembered from just one line

bulwinkl

I think we're good to go, hiway answered paw's, I answered your's and hiway's.. so I figure it's my turn...

I think I'm gonna throw an Uncle Charlie here...

Take the ribbon from your hair...

I know what it's called and who wrote it, but I don't think I know who sang the version that made it a hit. Can I just give the name of the song and the songwriter or do we have to say who sang the hit version?

Pssst!

BOWTWI

There's a bit of a hint in Tom's post.

:wink2:

Hmmm, now I'm even more confused. LOL I thought it was sung by a woman. I guess it's a pride thing with me to be sure I'm right before I post my answer. Thanks, waysiderman! It's still fun since we're snowed in. Maybe I'll have an RC Cola and maybe hot cocoa. Hmmm, decisions, decisions... lol

Where nothing ever grows. No rain or rivers flow...

Africa.

Puh lease.

Africa's got rain forests, implying growth, rain AND rivers.

And there won't be snow in Africa this Christmastime.

So what? There won't be snow in Florida either. You don't see is raising money for it!

Do They Know It's Christmas, by Band-Aid

The purpose of this thread was not to stump anybody. It's purpose was to come up with a song that was so memorable that it would be recognizable from the first line. There are many songs that fit this parameter but alas the thread seems to have morphed into something else.The onus is on the poster to come up with something that is easily recognizable. it was meant as a cross between name that tune and the Nostalgia thread. I apologize if I did not make that clear before.