GreaseSpot Cafe

A note on forgiving

Nathan Friedly

I suppose that would be fine if vic had only been alleged to have been an adulterer...I don`t think the other guys you mentioned, while indulging in their fornication and adultery, were drugging and raping their young charges though. There is a lot more than a few sexual indiscretions being laid at wierwille feet.

I don`t see the swathe of destruction and broken lives left behind by the other fellows mentioned. I don`t see suicides, rapes, deaths from following the doctrine and instructions either.

Edited by rascal

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Neo.

And just who the hell do you think you are?

How dare you come in and attack other people for their opinions???

How dare you?

You better go back and read what this site is for - it is to tell the other side of the story.

Don't like it, flip the channel, go put up your own site and worship VP there.

Who are you to come here in such a nasty way?

You have done a total disservice to any cause you may have.

And just so you know, we'll continue to discuss what we want, about who we want, whether you approve or not.

Get over yourself dude.

Hey Neo...I want to know, are you really ....ed at Don personally? What if Don can attest to have witnessed every single point mentioned in his post?

Could it be that this fellow saw up close and personal that which offends you so?

Could it be that this fellow stood up when no one else had the courage to and said this is wrong??

There are people here at this sight that lived and worked with this man vic wierwille whom you have only heard legends about.

We know why he isn`t really a doctor...we know why his ministry failed and went in the toilet...we know why our brothers and sistersdissapeared mysteriously in the night. We knew personally the people that died.

Can you honestly put aside your perception, the pictures that OTHERS have painted for you to examine what the people who were actually there with vpw saw, what they witnessed??

Have you got the courage to read about what so many of us saw with our own eyes?

It takes honesty and courage to examine all of the evidence, not just that which supports what we wish to believe friend.

Edited by rascal

Not really, it also proves that while they may exhibit traits that are not admirable, or scriptural, we don't have to throw out what they said or taught based on their actions either as some have suggested. Wrong doing is wrongdoing and truth is truth, each can be examined and discarded or kept. one does not always rely on the other, although in some cases they do affect each other.

That might be your opinion , Not mine, I think VPW moved a lot of people to change for the better, and those moved more, and those moved more, even today new ones are being moved. I'd be willing to bet that more think that way than those who think he only moved us to buy camping equipment. MLK for the most part brought about civil change in living conditions on this earth, primarily in the USA I believe that VPW brought about eternal change for many throughout the world. People are still hearing the scripture from people he trained in India and South America, and Africa today. Unfortunately at the same time he also changed other lives for the worse.

VERY good points. Thanks WhiteDove.

Doojable,

Thanks for the correction. To be more accurate in the future, I will use the word "alleged", since I didn't witness it.

So here's my modified statement:

"The parallel I'd make is that both were alleged adulterers, both had great messages, and the messages are worth considering and repeating despite their alleged sins."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, since you seem to allegedly be on a roll Oldies, Perhaps you should have inserted the word "allege" a few more times.

Kinda like this:

"The parallel I'd make is that both were alleged adulterers, both allegedly had great messages, and the messages allegedly are worth considering and repeating despite their alleged sins."

BTW, Wierwillian Theology teaches that when one is converted, born again, no matter what they did or how horrible the sin was in the past, they receive a clean slate. Rascalian Theology agrees. So would appear that Rascalian Theology uses parts of Wierwillian Theology when it fits!

Gee, I thought it was Jesus who died for my sins?

The following verses are from The New Knoxville Gnostics Study Bible, The Skewed Life Translation:

Exodus 20: 14

Thou shalt not commit alleged adultery.

Matthew 16:6

Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the alleged leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

John 14:6

Jesus saith unto him, I am the alleged way, the alleged truth, and the alleged life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me [allegedly].

I Corinthians 5:1

It is commonly alleged that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as alleged among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.

Edited by T-Bone

The following verses are from The New Knoxville Gnostics Study Bible, The Skewed Life Translation:

Exodus 20: 14

Thou shalt not commit alleged adultery.

Matthew 16:6

Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the alleged leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

John 14:6

Jesus saith unto him, I am the alleged way, the alleged truth, and the alleged life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me [allegedly].

I Corinthians 5:1

It is commonly alleged that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as alleged among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

I guess Neo only allegedly wanted a confrontation. <_<

Sorry I drive for a limo co and have been putting in many hours. As far as what I said before I have been shown the error of my ways and do want ALL to know that I only want to love. I was not acting out of the Love of God before and promise to think before I act.

Bless,

Neo :redface:

Sorry I drive for a limo co and have been putting in many hours. As far as what I said before I have been shown the error of my ways and do want ALL to know that I only want to love. I was not acting out of the Love of God before and promise to think before I act.

Bless,

Neo :redface:

Thanks Neo, I for one appreciate that. I wish you good driving and good tips....no alledgedly about it.

Hey, Neo!

If you'd come in to twi, charging in and raising your voice to object to what was

said, vpw HIMSELF would have had you given the "bum's rush" out of the

campus, possibly having you BODILY thrown out.

Instead, you did it at the GSC. There was lots of disagreement, and you were

still free to speak.

Does that strike you as something noteworthy?

Does that tell you something?

Might a closer look be warranted?

Ahhhh - but if we then discussed Evidence - would the topic Allegedly be negated?

Let's get a ruling on that... :biglaugh:

Sure, The honorable Whitedove prevailing ....All Rise.... Herewith is the finding..........

Nope, both sides not one only would present any evidence they have and a determination would be made based on such evidence ,not hear say,or agendas. Until such time as a verdict is rendered the crime is properly refered to as alleged. Case in point from prior posts .........we can now no longer refer to Bobby Cutts as Alleged Murderer, he had his day a fair hearing not trial by internet,not trial by word of mouth,he presented his evidence and verdict was rendered. That's how life works in the real world.

Bang court is now closed...... :biglaugh:

Edited by WhiteDove

:offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic:

WhiteDove you really don't want to be calling yourself "judge."

This joke has been heard around many a courthouse:

What do you call a person with an IQ of 25?

"Counselor"

What do you call a person with an IQ of 12?

"Your Honor."

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Perhaps we need to return to the topic...

Ya think?

Edited by doojable

:offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic:

WhiteDove you really don't want to be calling yourself "judge."

This joke has been heard around many a courthouse:

What do you call a person with an IQ of 25?

"Counselor"

What do you call a person with an IQ of 12?

"Your Honor."

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Perhaps we need to return to the topic...

Ya think?

:offtopic:

Hey you asked ........

Let's get a ruling on that...

I can be whatever one wants, you know all things to all men. Be careful for what you ask for they say..... Here you want a judge on another thread you want a superhero ...... Whatever makes your day! I'll be getting to that role shortly ,as soon as I find a phone booth....... Darn cell phones are making them obsolete.

Now back to regular scheduled program............

You seem to have mistaken me for someone that wants to be your student.

I didn't make the claims you seem so interested in. I simply commented on the obvious contradiction of a life led by the Spirit as opposed to delving into works of the flesh, and being under the law - and even then it was done in a pondering fashion.

Sorry but I'm not accepting assignments from you.

Your comment made me think of that 1970's song, Sister Mary Elephant! :biglaugh:

http://www.rhapsody.com/goto?rcid=tra.7695...;variant=lyrics

Interestingly enough, in Galatians the works of the flesh are contrasted with fruit of the spirit. All works produce fruit (according to my understanding of the verses) but what fruit is produced depends on the nature of the works. If you are led by the Spirit you are not under the law.... conversely, what happens if you are not led by the Spirit? You are under the law?

Works of the flesh ====> might this indicate a person putting themselves under the consequences (fruit) of the law? I dunno. Just thinking here...

Works led by the Spirit ====> fruit of the spirit - the result of being led by the Spirit.

I have many more questions than I have answers. I do know that when I see poor logic it jumps out at me and screams. I had to point that out. :)

The law that is stated here is the law of sin and death, not the law of God.

You aint never going to get away from John 3:16

For God so loved.!John4:7,8 God is love,Legalism and God not being forgiving

Ya can say what ya want I still think it is the grace time,

god holds his judgement on us all

Vpw is dead next stop for him the return,Then his works will be made known to all,Same as yous and mine

Now for us the living?Dam@ straight we ought to set some things right

Petwoey on a vengeful God though

That should be spelled Pitooey!

You should be careful...Our God will exact justice and it will begin at the household of God first....see Hebrews!