GreaseSpot Cafe

Greasespot Cafe

excathedra

i know, i know, if i don't like it here, i should just go

but this has been my home for years, and i still want it to be

i hope i can say this right

GSC has become, or is becoming, something....

predictable, boring, tiresome, a place where new thoughts ~ or stimulating thoughts ~ are not welcome

most of my favorite posters are gone

they've been shut down for one reason or another

i don't know if it reeks of religion or cliques or the same old whiners or fighters

but i don't like it

so ban me for saying how i feel

and if you ask me what i would do differently, i don't know the answer

i don't mean they've been "shut down" but they left

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

know, i know, if i don't like it here, i should just go

predictable, boring, tiresome, a place where new thoughts ~ or stimulating thoughts ~ are not welcome

i don't know if it reeks of religion or cliques or the same old whiners or fighters

but i don't like it

We can't please everyone

I don't post as much in the Open and About the Way threads as I used to, and haven't posted in Doctrinal in years. Why? Because it is largely the same discussions as when I joined, only with different participants. Does that mean it's boring? No. I think newbies need to work out the same issues that we old-timers did (and, in some cases, still do). I just don't have much to add to those discussions.

People come and go here as they please, and that's as it should be. I enjoy the camaraderie and, if I may use the word, fellowhip, even if it's primarily virtual. As for me and my house, we choose to hang out here! :B)

George

but i don't like it

Exc

Love you to death.

We've seen this stuff go in cycles.

You're a stalwart here and are very needed. Your life tells people an important message. Even if the n00bs don't know it, you are critical to this place.

God first

Beloved excathedra

God loves you my dear friend

I know, i know, if i don't like it here, i should just go

maybe you just need a break I take them off and on

then stray and find new things to learn

then you need a break if this place seems boring or you have learnt all you can about one area post in another area that you spent little time in

I see alot of new thoughts in doctrine or old ones from a new point of view

that is just life people move on so we make new friends

I do not understand because I never seem anyone shut down for one reason or another other than to make waves

but i don't like it

you can changed it by posting treads of new ideals the thing you are looking for

I am sure your not going to get banned for sharing your heart

yes people leave for many reasons but I and others are still here

try a break that helps me to do now and then

put a limit on the amount of post you read or write after that maybe

I try to only write 4-12 treads a month and no more

I try to only read others people's treads no more than one a day but I do not all ways reply

but these are just basic guild lines that I do

but I do not all ways go by then but the goal is have some order to what I do

hope this helps and you stray around here

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

I've felt like that for a few years now. I never posted much, more of my time is spent in chat than anywhere else. But even that is minimal now, given people have lives to live and we don't have the luxury of spending hours and hours talking about our lives like we used to.

I don't know who they are, Exc, but there are some who, imnsho, were justifiably shut down. Others, maybe not so much.

but i don't like it

Don't know either abouty the religion part, but as far as cliques, same old whiners and fighters, there is that everywhere, not just here. C'est la vie.

Edited by Sushi

((Ex)))

I love it here. I love you. I really appreciate any who take the time and energy to post of their lives and insights in this place. This place...the conglomeration of people and their experiences, the combination of insight has been incredibly helpful to so many of us in learning to think again...in the finding of ourselves.

The folks that leave, well I guess maybe they just don`t see the whole picture here. Many of us just get busy with life ....the ones that are shut down? I don`t know who you mean....but I don`t believe the rules here are too hard to follow...The only people I have seen banned were the ones actively hurting folks....shrug

Also...maybe the folks that were shut down, we might not have seen it in the open forums...the harm they were doing was not readily apparent to the on lookers.... what they were doing was sneaky and underhanded and hurtful behind the scenes...I know of one such scenario and the party is whining and crying publicly about mistreatment..

Yeah lots of wonderful folks have moved on...but lots of wonderful new folks have arrived to get to know and appreciate as well.

Each of us..(I know everyone gets sick of hearing this :) ) EACH of us has important pieces of the puzzle to share so that all can see the bigger picture...I am always tickled when someone shares their puzzle pieces here :)

I love you Ex, I think greasespot is what we make it...you, me, all who generously contribute bits and pieces of our lives.

I wish that you could see yourself and greasespot through my eyes :)

Edited by rascal

i just wish you knew some of the people who used to post here, and probably still would.....

but anyway. i don't disagree with what you're saying

--

ps.

someone i love and respect just wrote me and told me that i have a "cruel streak" for starting this thread

that really hurts

OK, fess up; were's the bug ya planted on me? In my brain??? :unsure:

I just mentioned to a friend I was thinking about posting a "Death of the Spot" thread.

Because I *see* and hear ya and have to agree. Long time ago in a universe far far away this place was made up of several cliques and I with many complained about that. That was much better than having an *In* crowd dominating and having the ear of the bosses; taking away the objectivity that used to be the norm. Judgements now seem to lean more and more to who is in favor of that crowd, who goes to the gatherings and who stays out of the boards *light*.

This place has a valuable and unique reason for being! It won't die because of outside attacks, it will continue to slowly commit suicide.

What timing, I may be net less for a week as vacation is here! :dance:

Exe-Thanks for expressing yourself. Something we couldn't do in Der Veg.

There are some very good folks here.

Unfortunately some other good folks have been run off by a few who lurk here and cause problems. I've noticed that many good posters have left recently. Too bad, I hope they come back one day.

There is nothing wrong with opinions and banter. But when it comes down to personal attacks the line has to be drawn.

Hopefully the mods can run off those who are here and who take pleasure in causing trouble. It's not always an easy job but needs to be done.

I don't get it.

This is the internet, these are electronics we sit at to speak here. I wouldn't know most here if I tripped over them. Don't we visit this site freely, of our own accord, in addition to others?

If I choose not to post here for any length of time, why is that anyone's business or concern? Because I'm so loved and appreciated?

Yeah, right, sure.

Do we get so involved in other sites? Do we worry if someone leaves or chooses another platform or venue?

I get that we're some kind of dysfunctional community that a few think doesn't function, but if you look at it with an eye towards the original idea, I suggest that you might get that it's by one's free will to be here and consider the work it's done.

Wasn't the original idea to expose the other side of the twi story?

It's done that, it's still doing it.

If we want more intimate friendship, there are other places to do that.

And there is always the other side of the stories here when someone says they were kicked out or had to leave or what the hell ever.

If I get fired from a job, maybe I need to look at what I did. Just a thought for example of owning our own stuff.

And if I have a problem with someone here and choose to not address it and see what we might do to make repairs, then it's my own fault.

GSC is not a friendship site; those things are done on the outside edges if two or more choose to explore that option.

It's a site to tell the other side of the TWI story. It's doing that.

And if anyone makes the choice to take from here to hurt others, the shame on them. Of course it happens, it's gonna always happen when people think they get to have all the power and control.

A few places to develop friendships and other relationships for social needs.

www.myspace.com

www.facebook.com

Edited by Shellon

My mom taught me to be nice .God bless her she has the wasting away mind robbing

dementia,Yet she still taught me to be nice...

Greasespot is what you make it,In one respect I hope it is here until said cult

closes its doors forever.

Shellon you are right.I did not come here to make friends,Yet I have, all your lives have enriched mine

Disfunctional?Hell find out who is not and they need a good head shrink!!

Hi excathedra,

You mentioned to me once that you appreciated my postings, Thanks by the way.

If you aren't engaged in what's happening here and need to move on I'll regret not getting to know you better.

Looks like you've been around for quite a while, it's easy for me to imagine how much you have to give.

Edited by JeffSjo

For me there has been a deep fellowship that I've never had with anyone else, right here on GSC.

I have also come to know Christ from posts here.

This place lives in my heart and is special in many ways besides what I just said.

So as exc, I get concerned sometimes about our place here.

Of course people can do as they please. Post or not Post

I have no problem with that...to a point I reckon.