GreaseSpot Cafe

Civil discourse and staying on topic

GrouchoMarxJr

What would be your solution?

Well. There is only one solution. Ephesians 4:32

"And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you".

We have all fallen short, moi included, but this is the way to go. Being nice is nice, and an opposing opinion can be presented in a debate without name calling and etc. I think that the biblical verse (somewhere in there) that says that we should be yielding in insignificant matters would help also, as far as keeping the peace goes. And if that is not a verse, but just an old TWI adage, it is a good point to live by.

And Danny, I was speaking to Groucho in particular, in that I have been on the receiving end of some extremely vicious verbal assaults coming from him in the past. But, you probably didn't know that. And so, I hope that his epiphany will serve him well and that he will be blessed with his efforts to help stop the distasteful discourse that so often rear it's ugly head here at the GSCafe. I think it is wonderful that he started this thread, and that he will endeavor to do that which he is promoting. You go Groucho! You go boy!

Edited by Jonny Lingo

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paw and the mods: :eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

There really are some good threads but some of those get so soon derailed and then everyone loses interest.

Can the irrelevant bits be dragged off to the Soap Opera or to some place called "Boxing Ring" so that just the relevant stuff or at least the not so argumentative stuff remains?

It helps sometimes to draft a post, leave it for a few minutes, come back and re-read it. Perhaps if posters used the Smileys and other kinds of punctuation a bit more, it would help replace the non-verbal signals that would accompany a spoken comment. (At work I use a dictaphone and of course give emphasis when I dictate. When the typed-up letter comes back for signature, because there is no emphasis it can read quite oddly or give a wrong impression. And I know what I said! I don't add Smileys, but I do change the wording.)

(Okay, sometimes I can't type properly either)

Edited by Twinky

Hi Belle! Hope you had a great Christmas and holiday season and all of that! Mmmmwwwaaahhhh! And so, I'll look into a story I can post. A while back I had one in mind that I was just going to post in a thread of it's own. I'll have to look back into the "attic of my mind" and try and remember which one it was. But thank you! And love you too!

JL

well... I could only 'stomach' listening to about a third of it... but I'd say 'both'... :biglaugh:

I agree, both of them, along with the frenzied Fox FeMale Freaks producing all their "factual fractured made for TV fairy tails" :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

I don't know man, I think that if the whacked biotch on the right were not spewing her sick venom and twisted version of God's Word, I would rather listen to the gal on the left! I think the gal on the left was just appalled and went on the attack. Hard to blame her, although, strident female voices are in fact tough to listen to. But, and plus, the Fox gal is way better lookin' ( :evildenk: ), even if the old sea hag on the right called her a "bimbo....."

Edited by Jonny Lingo

We are going to do some experimenting. If there is the hint of a personal attack in a post, I am going to delete that post. What was time consuming was editing the post to take that out. Hopefully the meaningful posts will remain. Is this going to be subjective? Yes. But we will do our best to be fair. And if we make a mistake, we will do our best to repair it. You, as a poster here, will have to think before posting.

Excellent! Thank you Pawtucket and the moderators!

Hi Satori, good to see you!

As to your question, and this is just my opinion, which is worth even less than the amount of bandwidth these few words will cost, but I don't even have to think about that one. The anti-gay "church" doing the protesting should be silenced. There is a time and a place for everything. A funeral is NOT the place for any group to protest. Combine that with the fact the few, if any of the fallen soldiers that they are protesting are, themselves gay, and it's easy to see this "church" is nothing more than a group of pretty sick individuals.

As to the freaks little dig against the PGR groups, they are a really great organization. I am on their mailing list and plan to take part in some of their missions when time allows.

This is a real good thread even though Groucho is a jerk. (There, I made a personal attack just so I could be like everyone else. I actually think very highly of Groucho. :) )

Rick

What's most fun about being a CARTOON CHARACTER! is that the CULT WAYBRAIN still considers what you say as being...A Threat! Imagine, all the Ephesians Bible Way Corps training, and you feel THREATENED by a Cartoon Stuffed Tiger!! :confused: Amazing! <_<

Even More Funny is they were unable, scared or so cult obsessed with their cult cartoon characters, they never even wished the poor tiger, a Happy Birthday! :(

No, Not One came to the Party. :dance:

Maybe I misread you, but did you have a birthday recently? If so, belated Happy Birthday!

Rick

Thanks Rick! I would have invited you to the Paaarty! I was practising that Water to Wine special show, and you know what... it Works!! All you have to BELIEVE is...in the Renewed Mind of Cult Rehab! :dance:

What's most fun about being a CARTOON CHARACTER! is that the CULT WAYBRAIN still considers what you say as being...A Threat! Imagine, all the Ephesians Bible Way Corps training, and you feel THREATENED by a Cartoon Stuffed Tiger!! :confused: Amazing! <_<

Even More Funny is they were unable, scared or so cult obsessed with their cult cartoon characters, they never even wished the poor tiger, a Happy Birthday! :(

No, Not One came to the Party. :dance:

:offtopic:

happu birthday bumpy

Pawtucket said;

And for those of you that seem insistent on diminishing or destroying victims' stories, it won't be tolerated any more.

Well that certainly seems to be fair, really. But I ask you, what if someone tells a story of a fine and wonderful time that they had in The Way Corps or as a WOW and then gets lambasted as a "Wierwille apologist" with a "sophomoric attitude" because they have chosen to focus on the "good times" (rather than the bad times) that they had in The Way Ministry or in The Way Corps?

What if the person who tells a story with a positive twist is accused of "Way brain-ism" which is tantamount to de-railing the mission of the Grease Spot Cafe and therefore is still an "automaton" and akin to Wierwille and his "evil minions"? Will you not tolerate those kind of attacks also? I can't count the times I have told a positive story here about times in The Way and then been outright attacked for doing so. I hope the wind blows both ways if there is to be a more intensive amount of moderation (censorship?) here...

Edited by Jonny Lingo

Why do you have to set out the parameters first? What if......and suppose so and so.....?????

That takes so much time to figure out!

Well that certainly seems to be fair, really. But I ask you, what if someone tells a story of a fine and wonderful time that they had in The Way Corps or as a WOW and then gets lambasted as a "Wierwille apologist" with a "sophomoric attitude" because they have chosen to focus on the "good times" (rather than the bad times) that they had in The Way Ministry or in The Way Corps? 

What if the person who tells a story with a positive twist is accused of "Way brain-ism" which is tantamount to de-railing the mission of the Grease Spot Cafe and therefore is still an "automaton" and akin to Wierwille and his "evil minions"? Will you [i]not[/i] tolerate those kind of attacks also? I can't count the times I have told a positive story here about times in The Way and then been outright attacked for doing so. I hope the wind blows both ways if there is to be a more intensive amount of moderation (censorship?) here.

Why not just live life and enjoy what you have. Be honest and forthright, and see what happens. You're just looking for somebody to pounce when you set up stories like that.