GreaseSpot Cafe

Here we go again..

Ham

Naw.. the wild card. You know, "gawd told ME to do so and so.. forget the insanity of it all.. case closed, thus sayeth da lard."

I can hear the wierwillists argument.. "well, gawd told Noah to do some pretty incredible stuff.."

well, in vic's case, the rains never came..

:biglaugh:

• Upvote 1

Yeah.. "ordinations". I wonder if they'll follow vic's practice.. bind them with a salt covenant to the support the ministry(?) that taught them the word(??)..

about all I see in this is yet another retirement "scheme" for a number of over the hill clergy who don't have anywhere else to go..

• Upvote 1

The next question..

What have they promised the "participants"?

I mean.. close to a year of chopping firewood, de-stumping and de-rocking of farmland, one bizarre "extrememe" activity after another, hours upon hours of old "doc's" materials either played or boringly recited.. the constant reminder that they could be sent away at any given moment..

what's in it for them?

God, gold and glory?

No *normal* person would subject themselves to this kinda nonsense, just for the fun of it..

and the related question.. can the "organization" live up to the promises it insinuates?

It's not the late sixties again.. there isn't a resurgence of "spirituality" that they can take advantage of, like vicster did with the old organization.. I don't think they will see the influx of people that they anticipate.

Are they as naive as to think "if we build it, *they* will come.."?

• Upvote 1

It's not the late sixties again.. there isn't a resurgence of "spirituality" that they can take advantage of, like vicster did with the old organization.. I don't think they will see the influx of people that they anticipate.

Are they as naive as to think "if we build it, *they* will come.."?

They can glom off the residue of "true believers" that are still carrying the weight of believing on their shoulders. (since so many copped out) Of course it would be those people's kids that would be prime to go through the experience that dear old Dad and Mom had.

Oddly, it does seem there are still some that are living the "dream".

oddly is a good term..

and it seems like the "dream" is foisted upon the younger crowd.. young vicster as well.

Why couldn't they just leave the kid alone.. he did manage to graduate with a bachellor's.. and today, that's just a START. Instead of going on, he has to fulfill "his" dream which is named for him.. shame on THEM. What a waste.. the kid is apparently brilliant.. now he's trying to resurrect a defunct cult.. those guys had their shot at the "dream".. why not just let it go..

I wonder how many words of "prophecy" were spoken over the young vicmeister, massaging his ego with promises of "greatness" in da dumb *ministry*..

my dream involves mathematics, chemistry and some physics.. I think it's the greatest.. for ME. One of my kids showed more aptitude in math than I did at her age.. she turned out to be an artist. I don't think a *normal* parent would be disappointed. Not that I claim to be *normal* or anything, but I'm not disappointed.. It would have been rather cruel and controlling to name her "Hamette II, THE mathematician for our day time and hour" upon birth..

• Upvote 1

well, until they send me a brochure, I can only guess. But I don't think it's that far off the mark..

There's another question for me to ask..

how much sleep time do the "trainees" really get?

it's a fair question.. if they are patterned after the corpse program, I would imagine they have far less than eight hours a day, and a lot less food than they'd like..

still waiting for the brochure..

Edited by Ham
  • Upvote 1

I would imagine they have far less than eight hours a day, and a lot less food than they'd like..

still waiting for the brochure..

yeah, I want to hear the details, because I will offer an alternative path to spiritual nirvana ...

on my farm, they will need sponsorship, but it will be spent on them ... ALL I want is 5 hours a day honest labor ...

the rest will include fishing, beer, swimming, nature watching, beer, water skiing, social activities, sports, beer, excercise optional, shared meals, time off, horse riding, hunting, beer ...

I'll teach them volleyball skills, we'll grow grapes and make our own wine ... a commune, except I get their labor for free.... and I guess I can send them home whenever all the work is done they get possessed or fall out of fellowship.

I guess I could bootleg some old waydaze stuff .. but that would be optional ... most learning would be over the internet and they could choose from several universities ....

I admit I'd be taking advantage of them, but it would be a lot more fun than that other thang (as I see it). :biglaugh:

the rest will include fishing, beer, swimming, nature watching, beer, water skiing, social activities, sports, beer, excercise optional, shared meals, time off, horse riding, hunting, beer ...

I'll teach them volleyball skills, we'll grow grapes and make our own wine ... a commune, except I get their labor for free.... :biglaugh:

Can I Join? Don't forget "The Babes"! :)

If they don't grow their own mung bean sprouts and Swiss Chard and make their own familia from scratch in bag- lined garbage cans, I ain't goin' and that's that!! And you can't make me! So there!

Of course we will do that ... and make our own yogurt ... and don't forget the wheat berries ...

By the way, I'm writing a more perfect Bible ... so if you want to get in on that, you better show up ...

God bless

I love you

you are the best ...

(unless you don't show up with money, in which case you are possessed)

yes bumpy, you spread the word in europe, and bring the beer maids ...

dirndl.jpg

rhino could you please write me at

the excathedra

box 328

new knoxville oh 45871

you're in charge of PR excie ... I'll name a book in my Bible after you ... send me $100 and I'll ordain you too ...

Edited by rhino

yes bumpy, you spread the word in europe, and bring the beer maids ...

dirndl.jpg

It's Euro Cup 2008 which is too expensive for $$ Viewers, so watch your baseball! :biglaugh: I am currently into the Deutschland vs. Polandia game, 1-0, Deutschland halftime. The "Babes" are demanding Euros to reside in Ill a Noise but only if it stops raining and there are NO required Cult Classes to be attended!

I think VeySider has been 2 tooo many of those twi classes already, but is too old to remember??! :biglaugh:

It's Euro Cup 2008 which is too expensive for $ Viewers, so watch your baseball! :biglaugh: I am currently into the Deutschland vs. Polandia game, 1-0, Deutschland halftime. The "Babes" are demanding Euros to reside in Ill a Noise but only if it stops raining and there are NO required Cult Classes to be attended!

I think VeySider has been 2 tooo many of those twi classes already, but is too old to remember??! :biglaugh:

Well, waysider can help rewrite pete and repete ...

my beans are going in as we speak (inoculated with peat) ... so I'm "feeling my oats" another inch coming tonight maybe, but should get almost all in ... :beer: (open bar at the back of the BRC during all "teachings", why should the teacher be the only one drunk?)

so much for the "revised" history about how der vey was good in principle, until madman loyster "took it over"..

Oh yeah.. let's just all go back to the "good old days" when the vicster was at his "best"..

good gawd..

• Upvote 1

It is amazing how many behavioral qualities seem genetic ... I'm no expert ... but even little tendencies seem to follow family members ...

perhaps some is learned ... in any case ... repeating the way corpse with the same principles seems to set a pathway for the same course of action ...

most people try to hide their crazy uncles and their grandparents that committed heinous acts ... but I guess some worship them ... the poor we have with us always .. but it seems Jesus has left the building ... :o

Well, I think it's a fair question. How many fringe, or lunatic conspiracy theories do they hold to? The now defunct Liberty Lobby was a prime source of the vicster's "revelation".. how much of this do they lay claim to as part of the "heritage"?

Is the "myth" of the six million recommended reading? Or leuchter's "scientific" reports?

Still waiting for a few answers.. problem is, the questions keep piling up..

• Upvote 1

Is the "myth" of the six million recommended reading? Or leuchter's "scientific" reports?

Still waiting for a few answers.. problem is, the questions keep piling up..

TWI seems to have had several purges ... but they get rid of the wrong people ... so hard to say what they have now. It took the court system to purge them of one dancing problem ... but others have grown up as replacements.

It does seem the new TWI (or at least the new Way Corps group) would respond to questions about their beliefs, if they have nothing to be ashamed of or to hide. TWI and TWI2 could offer a balance sheet ... what are the various salaries and perks ..? I wonder if any of the new splinters reveal finances like most churches do, so the givers know when the trustees are making more than six figures?

There seem to be a few improvements with CFF, and not all favor this new corps and many would probably prefer it not reach full term ... but the baby is due in September ....

They have a little website ... couldn't they be more forthcoming? If they send the info to you Ham, you would type it up for them and get it on their pages, wouldn't you? Maybe pictures of how the little farm is progressing in their preparations. It could be a neat little place, if they accepted the inspirational ideas Ham has offered.

Edited by rhino