GreaseSpot Cafe

LSD was discovered 65 years ago today 4/16/1943

pawtucket

Gannon: "Whadday think joe, cartwheels?"

joe nodds knowingly. "Sugurcubes"

Blueboy: "My hairs green, I'm a tree!"

LOLOLOL :biglaugh::biglaugh:

According to IMDB this is the latest on Michael "blue boy" Burns

Retired in 2002 from his faculty position at Mount Holyoke College, completing a 22-year career there. He and his wife moved to Kentucky and restored a historic horse farm in Kentucky and is now on the National Register of Historic Places.

65 years?...I discovered it 38 years ago...

I read an article about some studies that were done...hundreds of people, over 10 years of research...they wanted to see what the differences were between people who had done LSD and people who hadn't...both groups were exactly the same in every regard except one...

...It seems that the people who had taken LSD had a different "perspective" on life. Hmmm, whatever could they mean? :spy:

Never partook of LSD. Partook (too liberally) of twi though.

Didn't they both start about the same time???

65 years ago was right around docvic's *snow on the gas pumps*.

Wonder if he met Timothy Leary in his travels???

Makes a guy wanna go Hmmmm.

No kidding

Lucy and I hung out a couple of times

Yeah - Lucy hung me out to dry a few times...switched to mescaline after that...it was a more "mellow" high...I think...

Robert Hunter - 'nuff said

65 years?...I discovered it 38 years ago...

I read an article about some studies that were done...hundreds of people, over 10 years of research...they wanted to see what the differences were between people who had done LSD and people who hadn't...both groups were exactly the same in every regard except one...

...It seems that the people who had taken LSD had a different "perspective" on life. Hmmm, whatever could they mean? :spy:

As I recall, I only did it once...windowpane (whatever that meant)...the guy I was dating and some friends went to see "Fantasia" at the movie theater. I really didn't know what was movie and what was the trip, but I remember the little winged horses were pulling at my face, making me smile. It was fun, but I figured if I did it again I'd be the type to try to fly out the window of a high rise, so no more for me.

I did acid seven times. I was told by someone, that if you did it any more than that, you were considered legally insane. I liked the stuff myself. I am staying away from it, but I liked it.

The last time I did it was in 1978 or 9 can't remember. Abunch of us were going to a concert, Muddy Waters and Eric Clapton. We had center front row seats. It was in the round, I think at the Omni in Atlanta. I am fuzzy on some of it. Well, I had one hit left, so I took it. And off we went. I remember Muddy Waters playing, and that he was awesome, then at some point I woke up and Eric Clapton was wearing a white oxford shirt, rolled up three quarter sleeves wearing jeans, singing Layla. And I remember thinking, it don't sound that way on the album, and out I went again.

It definitely changes your perspective though.

lucy

I found this piece from Dragnet in 1966. LSD through the eyes of Joe Friday.

<b>

</b>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Wow, I remember that episode. Too bad it didn't stop me..........thanks for finding that.

TWI would have been much more interesting if we'd passed around the blotters or sugar cubes during meetings.

I liked Lucy but loved shrooms- they were free, easy to get in Mississippi and didn't have the same gritty feeling when coming down.

Eight times and you're insane, eh? :unsure:

You're not turning anyone in, are you? :confused:

:biglaugh:

Didn't they both start about the same time???

65 years ago was right around docvic's *snow on the gas pumps*.

Wonder if he met Timothy Leary in his travels???

Makes a guy wanna go Hmmmm.

Hmmmm ... so maybe vic found LSD ... and during his many trips he invented the hook shot, invented snow on the gas pumps, and invented the idea of stealing everyone else's research and calling it his own ...

Too bad it wasn't a magical mystery tour for the rest of us ... :spy: (though we were kinda trippin at times ...)

Hi Belle, where you been? :beer:

Edited by rhino

When I got involved with der vey, I wondered if herr vicmeister partook of Hoffman's product..

One picture I saw of him.. I could almost swear his eyes looked like the pupils were dialated to the size of frying pans..

honestly.. I always wondered if he dropped acid..

there is one thing stronger though..

:drink:

Rhino, watch out for the brown wine.... just as bad as the brown... well, you know.... :wink2:

The Vicster's participation in testing some of Leary's experiments would certainly explain a lot, no?

My favorite story, though, is Grace Slick talking about wanting to drop a hit in Nixon's drink when she got an invite to the White House.

Edited by Belle