GreaseSpot Cafe

Boot the Wierwille apologists

GrouchoMarxJr

What is all this about PMing networks to besmirch each other's reputations, how trite and backstabbing can a human get anyway, I think it is just shameful.

Before we get too far off track ... Rocky suggested pm'ing a new person, to inform them not to respond to the "alleged troll". My point was that that was a bad idea.

individuals should not wage a private pm war against people they decide are trolls ... being a troll is not allowed, so if the person is not banned ... on this site ... they are NOT a troll.

If the mods decide to let a real troll persist ... that is a problem the site will be burdened with. Their choice.

For me, responding to some of these folks has been helpful for me when I think about their responses to my point. One poster got me feeling a little down about what I percieved as hardened attitude mixed with complex mindgames for a little bit, but apparently that one is not here anymore.

It also may be instructional for anyone to see good solid answers being given to a troublemaker I think, but to much of it with a troublemaker that will not change just leaves a bad taste in my mouth, blech.

Just for the sake of being up front about it, I try to be exceedingly CLEAR about why I'm not happy too, for everyone's consideration. It may be that the exhortation to "not feed the trolls" may be a good thing for some, but maybe not for others.

I may never get to catch up with everything in these newer threads, but I do remember Ham saying that he found some of the conflict to be refreshing.

For the record, no one has pm'ed me about wd.

And I have not pm'ed anyone about him.

Though I registered a 'report' to the mods on one occasion about wd.

Anyway, the fact is wd 'seems' to be twi or extwi. I Don't really know.

Though it seems their is or was some type of association of twi/vpw/pfal and wd.

If he is going to play like a troll, and do things that a troll does.

He will eventually hang himself.

Though his actions may be considered trollish, that don't make him one.

I just don't think he can hear or see straight with whatever his intent is.

I think both Rocky and Rhino have good intentions in their posts.

Though the action is in question.

The fact is, if you want to pm someone you can.

And even talk of someone else.

I personally would not make it a practice of doing this about anyone.

But sometimes it will happen and has.

And even needs to be done.

It's not a rule, nor should be imo.

Sometimes a person will feel the need to do so.

That freedom to do it is here.

I believe the moderators are doing their job well.

And they are quite human, as we are.

As Jeff has said, some of these folks that post with questionable intent.

Have indeed magnified and made very apparent the true intent of others.

Which is a good thing imo.

I wouldn't say wd is a troll, though trollish looking.

If that makes any sense to anyone...lol..

The results of wd's actions have been assisted by others.

That compounds the problem rather then isolating it.

Not only for wd but for the betterment of us all.

In TWi we viewed those outside TWi as mistaken at best, and usually in a far more negative light--possessed etc. Those who still believe a great deal of TWI doctrine probably due view most of the GSC posters as negative or worse--the enemy, and to take a stand against the negatives is working for God in their viewpoint.

Okay, fine. I don't think anyone should be booted for holding those ideas. However, those types of viewpoints are likely to cause them to treat others harshly, and to be arrogant in doing so--didn't we practice or at least see that in TWI? Aren't some posters a good example of TWi doctrine alive and well? I think most people who stick around can figure that out and do. Seeing the behavior that develops from some doctrinal beliefs is a valuable lesson, I think, and can be seen not only in the stories people tell, but in how they interact with others.

So if someone's conduct on the message board causes problems, then measures should be taken. I do think the mods have done a good job in the past year or so at getting some of the worst bully posters off the board, but not so over reaching that opinions and discussion are hindered.

A special forum or designation for personal experiences seems reasonable.

Plus if we as a community of posters would hit the report button if we saw trouble brewing for a new poster--and we can all recognise the new ones-- or someone stalking a regular poster, the mods could keep an eye and delete posts or give warnings etc as needed.

It's amazing and shameful to me how Wierwille still gets to do this same kind of shi t even now. He wins some more.

Anyone who's been around here for more than a day or three knows better than to stoop to this nonsense.

Why try to MAKE someone hear us? What is the point in FORCING someone to consider our point? Gawddamn, if I have to work this hard to convince someone of my point, it is time to realize it aint gonna happen.

Beg another to listen, why? Because the point is so wonderful?

Scream louder so someone will hear it more? Naw, people will just cover their ears to drown out the screaming.

Say it over and over and over and over because surely they'll get it the 12th time? What a time waster.

Knowing what is being said is going to hurt someone, even accidently, and still saying it.........well I got nothing for that one.

Sigh, what a shamefully waste of the use of what this site is for

Sigh, what a shamefully waste of the use of what this site is for

Shell, better watch that blood pressure! :)

I dont think you used to be so, well, emphatic about expressing your opinion! But then I should talk, my attitude has undergone a few changes lately, thanks to several wonderful people.

Yea, one in particular, but in the process I am also learning about how wonderful some others are.

With you, I don't have to learn that.

For the record, no one has pm'ed me about wd.

And I have not pm'ed anyone about him.

Though I registered a 'report' to the mods on one occasion about wd.

Anyway, the fact is wd 'seems' to be twi or extwi. I Don't really know.

Though it seems their is or was some type of association of twi/vpw/pfal and wd.

If he is going to play like a troll, and do things that a troll does.

He will eventually hang himself.

Though his actions may be considered trollish, that don't make him one.

I just don't think he can hear or see straight with whatever his intent is.

I think both Rocky and Rhino have good intentions in their posts.

Though the action is in question.

The fact is, if you want to pm someone you can.

And even talk of someone else.

I personally would not make it a practice of doing this about anyone.

But sometimes it will happen and has.

And even needs to be done.

It's not a rule, nor should be imo.

Sometimes a person will feel the need to do so.

That freedom to do it is here.

I wouldn't say wd is a troll, though trollish looking.

If that makes any sense to anyone...lol..

The results of wd's actions have been assisted by others.

That compounds the problem rather then isolating it.

Not only for wd but for the betterment of us all.

I appreciate the feedback on my suggestion. I agree with cman... I don't find any fault with rhino's criticism of my idea.

Indeed, the bottom line is that WD acts like a troll, whether he is one technically or not... and the ONLY way to get him to shut up is for there to be complete and total absence of response to him... just plain ignore him... do NOT engage him in any way, or to any degree. He has clearly and emphatically demonstrated that there is a complete disengagement from reality on his part. Any effort to "convince" him of anything (i.e. reason with, persuade of, etc. etc.) will NOT succeed.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL.

Shell, better watch that blood pressure! :)

I dont think you used to be so, well, emphatic about expressing your opinion! But then I should talk, my attitude has undergone a few changes lately, thanks to several wonderful people.

Yea, one in particular, but in the process I am also learning about how wonderful some others are.

With you, I don't have to learn that.

Thanks Lifted, I usually don't express here, you're right. Like you, I think, I tend to follow the rule of "if you can't say anything nice, shut up"

I just don't see the point in poking, shoving, repeating myself til I and the one I'm trying to convince pukes. It doesn't have to take so long to realize when the other person isn't interested in what I have to say. It only gets embarassing, I look the fool. No thanks.

One of the greatest pieces of wisdom I got EVER was last year when I was told by a dear friend "You need to shut up and listen for a change". It took some humbling to swallow but once I did, I was stunned and thrilled at what I'd been missing by not listening, by jumping before I knew the facts and by not considering the other person.

Since then my blood pressure is much better!

I admit I haven't paid much attention to WD and any of the other VPW apologists. In fact, I can't even name them. However, it's very easy to turn their own logic against them using the very words and teachings of VPW himself. Are they going to argue with the logic employed by the very person they are defending? Kinda puts them in between a rock and a hard place.

I admit I haven't paid much attention to WD and any of the other VPW apologists. In fact, I can't even name them. However, it's very easy to turn their own logic against them using the very words and teachings of VPW himself. Are they going to argue with the logic employed by the very person they are defending? Kinda puts them in between a rock and a hard place.

That's when they ignore you and immediately pick a fight with someone else, hopefully loud enough

to drown out what you just said.

That's when they ignore you and immediately pick a fight with someone else, hopefully loud enough

I noticed that. I posed my questions to WD three times, not to mention a few other straight forward questions without any attacking or name-calling. He never did respond to them. Only to the things he could argue about, going back to the "innocent until proven guilty" mantra.

Exactly. so if people don't take the bait to argue with them on their terms and instead show them the error in their thought, according to the teachings of VPW, they might go away, or at least think before posting.

Exactly. so if people don't take the bait to argue with them on their terms and instead show them the error in their thought, according to the teachings of VPW, they might go away, or at least think before posting.

Not a snow ball's chance in Phoenix in August of THAT EVER happening.

However, experience has demonstrated dramatically that NOTHING like "show[ing] them the error in their thought" will change them.

Sociologists have observed that for adults to change personal values takes a major "significant emotional event" in the life of the person who will make the change. Showing the error of their ways (or thoughts, or beliefs or actions... etc.) is NOT the kind of "significant emotional event" that will cause a troll like WD to change his values.

Changing values

Could there ever be an opportunity to change these values and, thus, change attitudes which result in new behavior? According to Dr. Morris Massey, a noted national speaker and expert on values, it would take a "significant emotional event" to do this. (continued, including to list examples of such events, at the link provided)...

Edited by Rocky

Thank you Cman for the feedback,

I agree about the mods doing a good job. If experience has taught me anything in respect to this type of function, it's that the worst offenders of common decency often complain the most when their own words or ideas come under scrutiny. I am no fan of the neo-nazi groups in the U.S.A., but this country gives them rights. And even though they actively pursue the abolition of these rights for many races and religions they seem to scream "foul" very loudly when their own beliefs or actions warrant some kind of censure. Some of these folks here seem to share the same faulty sense of right and wrong.

But for me it is very clear that the arguing served to clarify where I stand.

A special forum or designation for personal experiences seems reasonable.

Dear Bramble,

I have to admit that this seems like a good idea, but in practice a person who many of us feel is a committed troublemaker will try to mess with any system, and as they are committed in a big way, they may find a way to make trouble in any system. I'll just wait and see, I'm confident that the mods do their best.

One possible weakness in even this system is what about the neccessity of examining even specific stories that really do need examinination and/or scrutiny. I'm just saying that any system may have some kind of fault.

My heart does go out to Paw and associates for having to deal with all of this.

Dear Wordwolf,

And that seems to be just one of many hinderances that someone who thinks they know all the tricks can do, Blech.

Not a snow ball's chance in Phoenix in August of THAT EVER happening.

However, experience has demonstrated dramatically that NOTHING like "show[ing] them the error in their thought" will change them.

Sociologists have observed that for adults to change personal values takes a major "significant emotional event" in the life of the person who will make the change. Showing the error of their ways (or thoughts, or beliefs or actions... etc.) is NOT the kind of "significant emotional event" that will cause a troll like WD to change his values.

Changing values

Could there ever be an opportunity to change these values and, thus, change attitudes which result in new behavior? According to Dr. Morris Massey, a noted national speaker and expert on values, it would take a "significant emotional event" to do this. (continued, including to list examples of such events, at the link provided)...

Dear Rocky,

If I was convinced that words could not possibly change attitudes and or beliefs I'd have no reason to (As I've said elsewhere) still be waiting for something good to come out of some.

I think perhaps that some kind of emotional event occurs when a wise man/woman responds to loving reproof. But unfortunately our TWI experience seems to have scared many people because of all the unjust, unloving bullying that occured there.

Dear Rocky,

If I was convinced that words could not possibly change attitudes and or beliefs I'd have no reason to (As I've said elsewhere) still be waiting for something good to come out of some.

I think perhaps that some kind of emotional event occurs when a wise man/woman responds to loving reproof. But unfortunately our TWI experience seems to have scared many people because of all the unjust, unloving bullying that occured there.

And so, you will continue to feed the troll? I certainly hope not.

If you are a wise man, you'll investigate my claim.

However, trolls are generally NOT wise people.

Ya know, this just occurred to me. Evidently WD is endeavoring to practice law here, ... and isn't it true that (in many states) practicing law or impersonating a lawyer/attorney without a license is a felony? Or at least a misdemeanor?

It's similar to impersonating a doctor or practicing medicine without a license, I think.

In any event, why is it that a verbal testimony by a first hand/eye witness does not constitute evidence? ... Perhaps I can get an answer, and from a real attorney please. (Sorry WD, but you do not qualify.)

And please spare us the "I'm not a Weirwille apologist" crap please, WD. ... Why do I say this? Because you have never, _ever_ gone, to this extent, in defending anyone else against 'false, spurious charges' like you have done for that stupid kraut Wierwille. ... Never!

The man was a rapist. Among many other slimeball things. ... And I state that as fact.

Don't like that?

Sue me!

I appreciate the feedback on my suggestion. I agree with cman... I don't find any fault with rhino's criticism of my idea.

Indeed, the bottom line is that WD acts like a troll, whether he is one technically or not... and the ONLY way to get him to shut up is for there to be complete and total absence of response to him... just plain ignore him... do NOT engage him in any way, or to any degree. He has clearly and emphatically demonstrated that there is a complete disengagement from reality on his part. Any effort to "convince" him of anything (i.e. reason with, persuade of, etc. etc.) will NOT succeed.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL.

For all the talk and accusations that the Wierwille apologists are attempting to make people not post , I have to say the record does not support that claim. I see no such posts. However I do see that from some, not in the so called apologist group. Reminds me of the Scribes and Pharisees it seems that they had the same plan against Jesus, accuse him of what they themselves were doing.

Ya know, this just occurred to me. Evidently WD is endeavoring to practice law here, ... and isn't it true that (in many states) practicing law or impersonating a lawyer/attorney without a license is a felony? Or at least a misdemeanor?

It's similar to impersonating a doctor or practicing medicine without a license, I think.

In any event, why is it that a verbal testimony by a first hand/eye witness does not constitute evidence? ... Perhaps I can get an answer, and from a real attorney please. (Sorry WD, but you do not qualify.)

And please spare us the "I'm not a Weirwille apologist" crap please, WD. ... Why do I say this? Because you have never, _ever_ gone, to this extent, in defending anyone else against 'false, spurious charges' like you have done for that stupid kraut Wierwille. ... Never!

The man was a rapist. Among many other slimeball things. ... And I state that as fact.

Don't like that?

Sue me!

Supporting peoples constitutional rights is not practicing law. Neither is posting real laws that one did not write but were written by real attorneys and enforceable as such. Pointing out that personal opinion is not law but such ordinances are in fact I suppose bothers those who think they know . Oh well! This is an exway site of course the subject will be VP at times. I've also defended OJ's rights although I personally think he was guilty. what I think is not the question and gives me no right to state him as guilty when the courts have said otherwise.

Edited by WhiteDove

I noticed that. I posed my questions to WD three times, not to mention a few other straight forward questions without any attacking or name-calling. He never did respond to them. Only to the things he could argue about, going back to the "innocent until proven guilty" mantra.

Mark I've answered your posts it has done no good you ask the same questions over that have been answered I'll add directly at times saying exactly what I just said I did not say. If you can't read the thousands of posts already here and figure out what I said then I see no purpose in continuing.

Don't like that?

Sue me!

Garth... PLEASE don't feed the troll.

He's trying the same tactic over in the Open Forum on the "Word" thread.  He just tried to bait me into a sham fight, and is trying to flame Cman and Dot into two other mock nonsensical circular arguements too.

What's the definition of Insanity?  Doing the same thing over and over and expecting to get different results each time?

Trolls need to be on a leash.

WE SHOULD STOP FEEDING THE TROLLS.  

They like to be mocked though, and outed, really, I'm serious...try it.   <_<