GreaseSpot Cafe

It is Finished

Raf

This month marks the 20th anniversary of the first time I sat through a PFAL class. The book's been on my shelf all this time. And all the collaterals, too. Take God at His Magnified Word's Way Tells Me So Dynamic in Culture. Jesus Christ is Not God but Is Our Passover and Promised Seed. Are the Dead Receiving the Holy Spirit Today. And on and on. Will the Real You Please Shut Up... It's a lot of bookshelf space.

And it's gone. All of it. Every last life-sucking page. Lifelines: Proverbs spoken by a deceitful predator. Gone.

And not given away.

Trashed.

Not sold: dumped in the garbage where it belongs.

I didn't put it on e-Bay. I put it in A-Landfill.

If you look through my house today and peruse my bookshelf, you will no longer, EVER see anything written by Victor Paul Wierwille.

My cult recovery began much later than I thought, many years after I left TWI. As long as I felt some need to hang onto those books, I was still tethered, however slightly, to that experience.

No more. I truly am free.

It is finished.

I'll give you credit for taking the high road, sacrificing a little cash in order to put Vic's ripoff books where they belong...did you consider a book burning ceremony? You could have at least cooked a few weiners on a stick...

... :)

Good for you Raf! I kept a copy of each. Got rid of all the excess. We didn't give them away - they were put in the trash as I didn't want to inflict them on anyone else. I haven't looked at them in years, but am keeping them to do a point by point rebuttal at some point in time when I have more time, but it's not a priority.

20 years. That's about the time we left, but we were still on a mailing list. Those were some disturbing letters we were receiving back then. I finally wrote and asked them to remove us from the mailing list.

This month is our 14 year anniversary of being kicked out (might have been late september) in the big Michigan wipeout of 1994. Also just recently got rid of all the books which prompted me out of curiosity to do a google search on The Way finding this site. I however, sold everything on e-bay and cheap. Tossed a lot in the trash. Found out some people I really liked are still in, most were booted when we were.

I ... am keeping them to do a point by point rebuttal at some point in time when I have more time, but it's not a priority.

Mine are all in another country but I need to make a decision to biff or ship them. I really don't want to give house room to the things. The only reason I would keep them is to work them through with a view to seeing what if anything is true, really true, so far as I can now ascertain. And sometimes better to follow a thread at GSC. But do I want to spend that much time on them - or just start afresh? Doesn't just looking at them and considering them really inadvertently glorify that man? (He wouldn't have "cop out" materials in the Bookstore.)

And I don't want LCM's Red Thread. AoS has already met a fiery doom.

Raf, congratulations on being free. Are you "traveling lighter" now? :rolleyes:

This month marks the 20th anniversary of the first time I sat through a PFAL class. The book's been on my shelf all this time. And all the collaterals, too. Take God at His Magnified Word's Way Tells Me So Dynamic in Culture. Jesus Christ is Not God but Is Our Passover and Promised Seed. Are the Dead Receiving the Holy Spirit Today. And on and on. Will the Real You Please Shut Up... It's a lot of bookshelf space.

And it's gone. All of it. Every last life-sucking page. Lifelines: Proverbs spoken by a deceitful predator. Gone.

And not given away.

Trashed.

If you look through my house today and peruse my bookshelf, you will no longer, EVER see anything written by Victor Paul Wierwille.

My cult recovery began much later than I thought, many years after I left TWI. As long as I felt some need to hang onto those books, I was still tethered, however slightly, to that experience.

No more. I truly am free.

It is finished.

Its good to have them around and I keep mine for historical and reference purposes, regardless of whether I may agree or not, although I happen still to agree with a lot of it.

While I sometimes think that I could contribute better to some threads if I had the books, I'm better off with them away from me.

Most of my TWI books were co-owned by my first wife and me. I let her keep them all. When she moved between our separation and divorce, she boxed up all my notebooks and syllabuses. they immediately went into the tarsh behind my apartment.

Good for you raf. :eusa_clap:

Its good to have them around and I keep mine for historical and reference purposes, regardless of whether I may agree or not, although I happen still to agree with a lot of it.

I keep them around because it's just not the same when I burn candles and incense before an empty bookshelf.

Oh and there is a cure for the bookshelf space all nice and tidy on one disk.

Edited by WhiteDove

Put it all on one disc and use the disc as a coaster. :)

Put it under the candle. :biglaugh:

I keep them around because it's just not the same when I burn candles and incense before an empty bookshelf.

I think I had been out a couple of years and was cleaning the house of all things that wern't right. That isn't exatly how I felt but dumped it all in the dumpster.

I am glad because there are always those times that you think back and could fall back.

I guess that was one of those times that my wife was really happy. Like when I sold my motorcycle helmet in a garage sale.

I still have my Bible, Lexicon and Concordance. VP didn't write those. I still have Jesus Christ Our Passover. Even if he copied someone else's work I still find some on the info (like time lines) helpful.

The blue book and the one about holy spirit have been gone for a long time. Now that I think about it I don't know if I really ever read those books. We were just suppose to have them. There is so much more.

Like I say, we have to do what we (personally, individually) have to do to heal.

You go Raf.

good for you, raf.

I thought about holding on to a copy of each, for reference, especially the syllabi, but frankly thinking about twi doctrine is such a drain I think I'll follow in your footsteps and throw mine out.

that would be a truly fresh start.

I threw away all my TWIT material the moment that I left. I also did my own Burning the Chaff, burning all TWIT related items including a photo of the board of trustees at that time (Loy Boy, the Donald and The Allen).

That's a good idea. I got rid of everything except for the photos I am in, but I've been thinking of getting rid of those too. While I like to have my AC photo because that's part of my history, I also feel like I should destroy it or just throw it away to remove all TWI crap from my house. I probably even have my nametags in a box somewhere too, but I'm not sure.

Maybe if the weather is cool enough this weekend I can go into the attic and get rid of this crap.