GreaseSpot Cafe

Where does TWI keep it's files?

JustThinking

All,

In another thread "WayGB still actively monitor this site", it occurred to me that TWI was a bit like the communists when it came to spying and record keeping. When communism collapsed, peoples files became public and it got UGLY. Many people's lives were ruined. After the big blowups in the 90s, TWI asked field leaders to report in on a number of things every week. Who came, how many showed up, etc. And there was ALWAYS a requirement to report "spiritually suspicious" behavior. Add that to the papers Corps candidates submitted about their life before the corps, stories on GS, etc., and you could probably really hurt some people. I suspect Corps folks never expected to see their life's story (warts and all) posted on line or in a dumpster.

So...does anyone know how and where TWI keeps it's records? And DO they keep all of that old stuff? My money says they do. If so, should we be worried?

JT

In answer to your question. No we should not be worried. They are the ones who duped us and conned us out of our money. If anything they are the ones who are worried. Why do you think they watch every move here.

As for where they keep their files, who cares. We could start a pole though.

My guess-

Probably in some underground secret hole where people in nazi like fashion wearing white lab coats are going over each document with their magnifying glasses until someone says - hah we've got him.

All,

In another thread "WayGB still actively monitor this site", it occurred to me that TWI was a bit like the communists when it came to spying and record keeping. When communism collapsed, peoples files became public and it got UGLY. Many people's lives were ruined. After the big blowups in the 90s, TWI asked field leaders to report in on a number of things every week. Who came, how many showed up, etc. And there was ALWAYS a requirement to report "spiritually suspicious" behavior. Add that to the papers Corps candidates submitted about their life before the corps, stories on GS, etc., and you could probably really hurt some people. I suspect Corps folks never expected to see their life's story (warts and all) posted on line or in a dumpster.

So...does anyone know how and where TWI keeps it's records? And DO they keep all of that old stuff? My money says they do. If so, should we be worried?

JT

I tend to view this as two categories: 1) Monitoring GS to sift thru details........information/legal issues/damage control and 2) Old stuff of personal information.....most exclusively on corps.

Sure, twi has a high interest in monitoring GS on a daily basis. Really, when you think about it.......the legal department deems it as a necessary process in doing their job. Besides, what else do they have to do sitting in their cubicle? And, how many thousands of times can one patrol wierwille road before boredom is encroaching towards a slow death? I would think that monitoring GS gives L!nder (and others) a covert cause of "fighting off bad guys" and get the adrenalin flowing once again.

Old stuff????......I seriously doubt that twi keeps much of it. In fact, in the mid-80s twi started handing back "corps files" at each corps' 10-year reunion. I remember getting mine back.......a thick file of notes, personal letters, etc......and throwing the stuff in the trash. On this issue, I commend twi for their good-faith action in returning my files.

Of course, I have no idea if twi holds secret files on some corps leadership who fell prey to lusts, sexual predation, drunkenness, debauchery, etc. Perhaps, they do.......and perhaps, it might explain why some corps "cannot" come to GS in that, twi holds leverage over them (bribery). Thankfully, I am not among them.

To me, one of the major issues on GS is TO ALWAYS SPEAK THE TRUTH. They have every right to monitor GS and look for any issues that are out-an-out lies..........BUT as long as I share my experiences, my insight, my opinions of their deception and corruption, I stand on solid ground.

Corps were supposed to be handed back files relating to themselves after they had graduated for ten years. We were told we might be surprised by some of the things in them - letters and such like, where people had written [to the Prez] about great things we had done.

Of course, they could hand back some things...but who would know if there was other stuff? And how could you say that the information in the file hadn't been stored by some means (microfiche, to start with; maybe digitally, later).

I recall LCM getting over-excited once about some "cop out" Corps who at their ten-year anniversary had the cheek to ask for their file back. He was quite vocal in his contempt for this person. I believe his gist was that it was a blessing and privilege to be given your file, to see the things people had recorded about you over the years. And it wasn't for some cop-out to have that blessing.

He never said what became of the files of "cop-outs" after ten years, whether they were destroyed or nay. (What did they do, have a symbolic burning in the lake of fire, LOL?) Even if he said they were destroyed, who was witness? We all took their word for everything, never expecting them to lie to us or try to deceive us.

Nobody has sent or given me mine...

After ten years, it would have been the sledgehammer blow that did for me, probably. Life already wasn't worth living.

Now? ...you know, I really don't care.

Their opinion of me just doesn't matter to me. I know what God thinks of me. That is worth knowing.

krys........hi!.....

i don't know what they keep now, how many versions and how many copies of versions of their financial "books"........or where they bury the real facts and truth of their duplicitous, fraudulent, financial acrobatics.......the real facts behind the "income" they stole, laundered and cleaned up during the years when their lack of significance in terms of numbers and members allowed them to cruise below the government's various radar screens.......

but, i do know, that early after i left the swamp of new knoxville in december, 1986......i "hosted" a team of IRS and US justice department investigators for 5 days at my newly rented house.......i was able to provide them with hard copies of the three....that's right!..count ,em THREE sets of books which rearranged and juggled the income and expenses of the ROA 1986, for bookstore sales and expenses, food and housing income and expenses, "abundant sharing" totals, and that type of stuff........so, twi's 501©3 tax exempt status was revoked for several years.......but that was it.....the fact that during the years 1982-1984, we operated the entire US Trunk at a rate of only 8% of the net income we brought in from abs and the sales of bookstore items and conferences, advances, and "events", was simply a testimony to "excellent" business practices........hear me........out of the almost 50 million dollars PER YEAR of income during those years, it only took 8% of that to pay all the bills for all the full-time, part-time staff in the limbs, and at HQ for the trunk-related departments!!...........that's a net profit of over 40 million bucks a year for those years..........

they got their 501©3 back after five years..........2 sets of checkbooks?????..........at least!.......the real facts?.......who knows???.......one thing i do know, is that rosie, donna, the doofus from okie, coward allen, et al, are living off the profits made decades ago by the foolish faithful who gave their all for "his highest".........whatever's left is what they're stll sucking off of today...........hope they're enjoying sleepless nights with guilt-ridden dreams.......but knowing the kind of creeps they are..............i doubt it......................peace.

Corps were supposed to be handed back files relating to themselves after they had graduated for ten years. We were told we might be surprised by some of the things in them - letters and such like, where people had written [to the Prez] about great things we had done.

Of course, they could hand back some things...but who would know if there was other stuff? And how could you say that the information in the file hadn't been stored by some means (microfiche, to start with; maybe digitally, later).

I recall LCM getting over-excited once about some "cop out" Corps who at their ten-year anniversary had the cheek to ask for their file back. He was quite vocal in his contempt for this person.

<snip>

Now? ...you know, I really don't care.

Their opinion of me just doesn't matter to me. <snip>

LOLOLOL - I just couldn't resist... some Moody Blues lyrics from many years gone by...

Moody Blues – In the Beginning from the open of the album "On the Threshold of a Dream"

I think

I think I am

There for I am

I think

Of course you are my bright little star

I’ve miles and miles of files, pretty files of your forefather’s fruit

And now to suit our great computer

You’re magnetic ink

I’m more than that

I know I am

At least, I think

I must be

There you go man, keep as cool as you can

Face piles and piles of trials with smiles

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave

And keep on thinking free

Twinky........I agree with your points. We have no way of really knowing whether twi gave us all our corps files back and/or if they stored back-up files on us.

Even by 1978, wierwille was getting irritated by those who he labeled "tripped out" or "cop-outs." And, when those three 8th corps had gone public with their "new research".........wierwille was livid for a period of time after that. The trickle of corps leaving twi was becoming a small stream.

I still have a 1985 listing of twi clergy that they sent to us...........my oh my, it sure is AMAZING to see all who've left twi thru the years. To me, it's documental evidence that nearly 300 of us arrived at THE SAME CONCLUSION.........twi was corrupt, deceptive and exploiting followers. We were not "salted" to stand with evil.

Like you stated..........today, I could care less what they think. Heck, twi had to have legal counsel to bolster evidence to oust their 2nd president, martindale. And, rosa-lie............deposed by lawyers, stating under oath that she knew of martindale's sexual predation as early as 1995. Man, what a sick and evil environment.

They can keep all the files they want.......I don't care.

Our files are pristine..........COMPARED TO THE TRUSTEES.

:blink:

Edited by skyrider

rosie-the-liar particpated wholeheartedly with vic, and who knows whom-else in the sexcapades game which was at the soft underbelly of vic's inner sanctum......and that was well before 1995!!!.......she's a liar.......she knows it......donna knows it.......the doofus from okie knows it.........what they all seem to not take seriously at all, is that, most importantly, GOD KNOWS IT!!.......it will eventually come out in the proverbial wash.........in the meantime.......they live their fantasy lives of "godliness" like their first century counterparts......the scribes, pharicees, and romans!.......whited sepulchres full of death and lies!.........what a legacy!.........peace.

Does anyone remember "The Book of Life"?

That was the informal name of the computer files that TWI kept on every believer.

Are there any TWI data processing vets that can shed some light on the subject?

Computer files?? :biglaugh: No wonder the internet was "off limits".

Besides finding out info about the org (and the lechers/ drunks/ and other abysmally derelict characters running the twi operation),

shucks --- you might find out what they knew about you, eh?

Can't have that now, can we?? :unsure: <_< :doh:

The "Book of Life," to the best of my recollection, was simply a mailing list containing the addresses of all active Wayfers. There were sublists, like Way Corps and WOWs, so that those groups could be sent mailings specifically for them, but whenever an "all mailing" was sent--for example, a letter from LCM or a promotional flyer for the ROA or whatever--it was sent to everyone in the "Book of Life."

After I parted company with twi, I asked a friend who still worked at HQ in Word Processing to get me some addresses of some friends. She printed them out directly from the "Book of Life." I don't think there was any info in that file besides names and addresses, Corps number if you were in the Corps, and maybe phone numbers.

I did get my Corps file 10 years after graduation. There was nothing too interesting in it--evaluations from Lightbearers and LEAD, my "Birth to the Corps" paper, stuff like that. I was long gone from twi by the time I got it. I never went to HQ after 1987, and I think the year I achieved "Dropped from Active Corps" status was 1989. But I still got the file in 1991.

I would think twi would be reluctant to keep a lot of files on people. Couldn't such files be as incriminating to the current honchos as to anyone else? The idea that there might still be a file on me, which I highly doubt, doesn't worry me. I was a peon in the grand scheme of things. What are they going to reveal to the world? That I sometimes skipped mandatory meetings? That I broke curfew while in residence? That I refused to eat lunch at HQ when I didn't like what was on the menu? Gasp! The shame of it all. :biglaugh:

If they do keep files on former members (and please note, I'm not saying they do.) I would think their concern would be more with "who KNOWS what?" rather than "who DID what?".

Mine wouldn't fill the back side of a postage stamp.

Mmm.. Waysider, good point. The use of a person's past did seem to be for immediate gratification. So does that mean they never had a real long term plan other than accumulate cash? I know VP had all sorts of "vision" but how's the Corps Chalet working out, for example? :doh: THAT vision was just bait and switch. Maybe my concerns are giving them more credit than they deserve? Maybe they're just NOT that smart?

JT

the corps chalet is working out just fine for donna or whatever other trailer-trash may be living there now......so's that obnoxious auditorium that we all put thousands of dollars into, along with our families, in order to "move the word over the world"!....sic!....... now it's just joe coulter's hi-tech playground!.......i wonder if the names of all of us who gave so much to just those two arrogant architechural and "spiritual" white elephants, tucked away behind expensively manicured grounds on 146 acres of rural, western ohio farmland are still on public display in the ceremonial books we all signed??.......testaments to the innocents and ignorants who paid for the monuments to incest, sexual abuse, lying, and consciousless immorality that der victoid spawned and successfully passed on to the doofus from okie, and the current reichstadt "leader", rosie-the-liar?.........i signed that book.......so did my parents.............where is it?????......................peace.

Oh gosh, I think there would be heaps about me in my book of life. All those complaints about - I was joyful one day; another day I suggested something a little different from whatever the coordinator said; I was on dishroom mega times; I got tired and a bit cranky and cried after 20 hour days for over a week and the rest of the two-week AC (or whatever) period still to go; I looked at somebody the wrong way; I forgot (or just plain didn't) stand up when some clergy entered a room; I was late for midday meal once; I was late for breakfast once...the list of my sins is endless. Mostly I was not meek enough.

:realmad::asdf: (We really need a Raspberry emoticon here!)

DWBH I am appalled by what you say about the sets of books, and how much income was generated and how much used.That's money that was given in good faith to "MOVE" the word, not to languish in a bank account. It was given, so that it could be given to those in need.

But why should this surprise me...? (shakes head sadly)

EXACTLY!! We gave that money to God...and it was used for all kinds of stupid crap...it is what those fat cats live off of today at hq. They subsist on what we gave. They sit in buildings that we built, behind computers that bought monitoring this site, snooping into their remnants lives...eating food paid for with the money that we gave them....

They would never survive on what the current participants are able to provide.