GreaseSpot Cafe

Post Upgrade Issues

GT

The upgrade isn't really done yet. Just done enough to allow people in again.

This was a major upgrade with software that is really not ready for prime time. There will be issues. If you find any, post them here and I'll look into it.

Known issues:

• GS Logo: Looks like crap. It's what happens when you start an upgrade and forget that you still need a logo. I threw it together in about 5 minutes and I have no photoshop skills. Paw is working on a better one.
  • Creating new blog entries apparently isn't working. Getting permission denied errors. If you notice diferent, let me know.
  • Shoutbox needs to be recreated.

But....

There are a ton of new features, some most will like, some will drive others nuts. Should be interesting.

One new feature of note is the ability to rate a post as good or bad --- which builds a user's overall rating. This should be really interesting. :)

• Upvote 3

Apparently another issue is that the forum has forgotten which threads/posts you've already read. Not sure I can do anything about it.

Chat room is offline also for a bit. It's on the todo list.

• Upvote 2

I think the blogs are fixed now.

Anyone with a forum ID can create a blog here. Just click on your ID in the upper right and go to settings, then blog.

• Upvote 2

It appears we have lost the shading or indents that used to characterize quoted posts. It seems to me to be harder to tell where a quote ends and a poster's comments begin.

It appears we have lost the shading or indents that used to characterize quoted posts. It seems to me to be harder to tell where a quote ends and a poster's comments begin.

some of the .gif emoticons are not showing up either.

nevermind the my comment on quotes, ithe offset is there now apparently

Edited by HAPe4me

emoticons are an issue. I'll look into it.

All the posts are being rebuilt. It's about 25% done, quite a ways to go. I'll wait until tomorrow to address any formating issues in posts.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Upvote 2

I believe the pre-upgrade quoted text will be corrected by the morning.

Hopefully the emoticons are working again. Little buggers thought it was time for a coffee break.... :nono5:

• Upvote 2

GT, do you expect the gallery avatars will come back too, or do I need to start shopping for my own? I don't even know where I got that judge's hammer thing I used.

by the way, everyone, your control panel is now up there where you see your screename at the top of the page. click on your name for a dropdown list.

• Upvote 1

Didn't realize we lost some of the stock avatars. I'll see if I can hunt them down too. Probably in the back room drinking spiked coffee....

They were --- the lazy bums.

• Upvote 3

Oh, gosh, I've messed up my signature and don't know how to fix it :(

I ran a routine to rebuild everyone's signature. I then manually fixed yours. Is it me or is it still not showing up right?

• Upvote 1

Love the upgrade. Nice, Pawtucket :)

Oh, gosh, I've messed up my signature and don't know how to fix it :(

In any event, Happy Sunday (since you aren't a father yet, or at least to my knowledge).

Thanks should go to GT, he's been the one that downloaded the entire forum, backed it up, upgraded and now is tweaking the whole thing.

• Upvote 1

I was wondering where the avatars went, and couldn't figure out how to reply with a quote. Opening the site in Firefox instead of IE6 solved those problems. Unfortunately, all of my bookmarks are in IE. I suppose I can upgrade to version 7.

George

George just start Firefox, File->import->IE

• Upvote 1

My picture (avatar) doesn't seem to be there. Guess it needs to be re-loaded.

This all looks so different.... :confused: Ooh, like the Smileys box!

Oh. Now I posted this...the picture is there. Guess it must go and grab information when somebody posts the first thing in this new format.

Gosh, I see it's three years since I joined the Cafe. Three years of getting my head back together. It's gone by quicklyl

Edited by Twinky
  • Upvote 1

The place looks GREAT!

I see the status bar on the right, but can't see how to post on it.

Is it right in front of me?

:)

You can set your status at the top of your profile page. Clicking on your name in the upper right and selecting Profile should get you there.

Chat is installed but not working yet.

Shoutbox is installed but not working yet. Check that. Working now.

Edited by GT
  • Upvote 1

Looks like the icon for Go to last unviewed post is working properly now. Thanks.

This "fast reply" box is good, too.

• Upvote 2

It looks like they may have changed the meaning of the size numbers. Not sure, never really used them much myself.

Size = 1

Size = 2

Size = 3

Size = 4

Size = 5

Size = 6

Size = 7

Don't think it's a bug -- more of a new way of handling font sizes.

• Upvote 1