GreaseSpot Cafe

Rosalie's Retirement Plan

OldSkool

I had heard a couple years ago the the BOD at the time was planning to split the BOD reponsibilities, which is a double banger of officers and board members, into a officers and directors. From what I was told this was a big topic during leaders meetings. I was told you would have Pres, VP and Sec. Tres and a few others as officers that would handle the management of the ministry and there would be a seperate board of directors. The president would also be a board member. The board would set ministry policy, devise the teaching calender, ministry theme, etc. Also, the board members would not have to live at HQ and I do not think it would be a full time gig.

I did a little head scratching. First, because find one 501 c3 that doesn't have this in place.....ya....The Way International. Maybe there are other exceptions I just haven't found them. These people really need to get out of the cornfields because it's like saying "We are planning to start running this company like everyone else does".

But what really stood out to me was this. I remember RosaLIE stating some years ago that the BOD would be 3 to 5 year assignments. She has been pres for nearly nine years and on the BOT before that as VP from 96 to 2000. I am guessing that she is about 69. So that's how she is planning to retire. She will still have total control of the place, but will stop all the things she doesn't want too. I think she just loves the STS, themes, and all things publication related. I bet they start this next year. From wikipedia.

Board of Directors

* Rosalie F. Rivenbark, Chairman of the Board

* Jean-Yves De Lisle

* Robert McCulloch

* Vince McFadden

* John Rupp

Officers

* Rosalie F. Rivenbark, President

* John Rupp, Vice President

* Jean-Yves De Lisle, Secretary Treasurer

* Gary Fredrick, Chief Financial Officer

* Donna Martindale, Chief Administrative Officer

* Rico Magnelli, Junior Officer

* Brian Moynihan, Junior Officer

See how they are putting this into place? It's so rosalie. Let's move at the speed of glacier and slowly set this into gear. I can say that she has hand selected a pretty good group of "yes ma'ams" to lead us further into the promised land of the prevailing retirement plan. I hope she gets some time to play Parcheesi.

I gotta ask...

Who cares? TWI is a banana republic and it's had 2 dictators, VPW and Rosie. It's not gonna change.

Read below.

What I don't get is how they get away with being lesbians when they teach that it's the worst of the worst in God's eyes. I don't understand how they keep the two top jobs and are supported by "their people" yet they teach against the very lifestyle they live - does nobody catch on to this??? Do the masses really believe they're "just friends"?

Was lcm ousted only because he was such a slutface about his extramarital activities?

Personally I think if you find love you're mighty lucky - I don't think its my place to judge women who are with women or men who are with men.

But the way is FULL of hatred for those relationships, yet their top two dogs are not heterosexual and not abstinent from all accounts...

And whatever happened to the president of the cult being a 5-year-term when she first took over? It sure seems she's planted pretty firmly there.

And isn't she over 70 years old? Even the founding president retired before age 70...

Sorry, don't know who put a quarter in me, but I've been wondering these thoughts for a while now. :confused:

There are those who are interested so I started the thread.

I thought there were 3 VP's, no?

Not this year. Roger was demoted, Vince is no longer a VP but is a limb coordinator. But Vince is on the BOD.

Edited by OldSkool

. . I am guessing that she is about 69. . .

If she opted not to receive earlier, she's probably getting the fatter portion of a Social Security check.

(edited cause I wrote ".... check" and the editor/filter thingy saw it as foot check. :biglaugh:)

Edited by Bolshevik

Bolsh, I doubt she's getting much of .... check. She's been on staff since what, about 1979 or 80? That's 30 years of paying no SS tax (church exemption). No $ in, no $ out. Probably since she was a teacher before going on staff, she paid into a teachers' retirement fund.

Regardless, I don't think Rosie is hurting for money. It's rumored that she's got loads of it. I don't know if that's true or an exaggeration, but the fact is, she was able to buy a very nice house with a pool while working on staff. And now she has a boat, I hear tell. She always had the best of clothes and drank her tea (so daintily) from an expensive Irish porcelain cup.

Before she was even prez, she was touring Europe with her "BFF" :knuddel: Donna. She enjoyed a lifestyle far and above what most staff members ever dreamed of.

Oh wait! She must have "believed" for that nice house and those nice clothes and the trips to Europe with Donna. Yeah, that's gotta be it. :wink2:

I've heard HA once had staffers not pay soc sec.

Looking at my soc sec statement now I believe was paying into soc sec when I was a staffer.

I don't know if that means anything for Rossie. I've also heard it rumored she doesn't collect a paycheck from twi. (cause she's got all that other funding).

She was a school teacher prior to twi?

(none of this is that important I know.)

Yep, she was a teacher in N. Carolina. I once met someone who had her for a teacher, but I don't remember who it was. If I remember correctly, one of her students got her into twi.

Maybe they stopped doing the SS church exemption thing after left.

Actually, I think it is important, as one more example of the double standards that prevail at twi HQ. I can think of a couple long-time staffers who were given the boot when they got too old or too sick, but since RFR's the head cheese (heh heh, head cheese), she'll probably retire when she's good and ready...in luxury, and with her pal Donna at her side.

No SS for working for a church? Don't think so. They still pay SS. You Don"t have your facts straight. Employees of TWI still have SS taken out of their pay check.

There was a time when twi required staffers to sign a waiver form on SS payments. My yearly SS statement shows ZEROES for those staff years at hq. Around 1985 or thereabouts, twi's auditors/accountants informed twi that it needed to change its policies on SS waivers/payments.

There was a time when twi required staffers to sign a waiver form on SS payments. My yearly SS statement shows ZEROES for those staff years at hq. Around 1985 or thereabouts, twi's auditors/accountants informed twi that it needed to change its policies on SS waivers/payments.

They took all taxes out of my check as required.

In October of 1974 a law was passed exempting churches and their employees from paying social security and Medicare taxes. The law changed in 1984, and churches/church employees had to start paying into SS, although I don't remember having SS tax deducted in any of the years I was on staff (82-86).

In October of 1974 a law was passed exempting churches and their employees from paying social security and Medicare taxes. The law changed in 1984, and churches/church employees had to start paying into SS, although I don't remember having SS tax deducted in any of the years I was on staff (82-86).

You should be able to look at the annual statement SS sends out and see if those years reflect a contribution.

Edited by waysider

I had no idea. Thanks.

Yep, she was a teacher in N. Carolina. I once met someone who had her for a teacher, but I don't remember who it was. If I remember correctly, one of her students got her into twi.

I met that student once in the late 1970s in North Carolina ... he was in her Academically Gifted English Class ... named R*cky C*nady

Edited by DogLover

Somehow I really don't think she plans on retirement. A seat on the Board of Directors would suit her just fine.

No, retirement was really sarcastic. She never will give up control. The actions she has taken to account for eventuality of her not being able to do many things because of age is to promote many yes ma'ams. Then set her control into a board/officer structure, eventually when she can no longer do the job. All efforts to make sure the preservation society continues.

You should be able to look at the annual statement SS sends out and see if those years reflect a contribution.

Excellent suggestion, Waysider, thanks. It beats digging into the back of the closet for my old tax records!

My statement shows 0 income from TWI for 82 and 83. Apparently twi complied with the law when it changed in 84, because my income is listed as "social security earnings" for the years 84 and 85. (I was only there 3 months of 86.)

No SS for working for a church? Don't think so. They still pay SS. You Don"t have your facts straight. Employees of TWI still have SS taken out of their pay check.

Excellent suggestion, Waysider, thanks. It beats digging into the back of the closet for my old tax records!

My statement shows 0 income from TWI for 82 and 83. Apparently twi complied with the law when it changed in 84, because my income is listed as "social security earnings" for the years 84 and 85. (I was only there 3 months of 86.)

Seems like some of us might want to look into things, instead of just jumping to the

conclusion that they have all THEIR facts straight, but the GSC'ers do NOT...