GreaseSpot Cafe

The Advanced Class - what a joke!

OldSkool

I can remember being so excited to take the advanced class. I put myself on the fast track - worked long hours / budgeted very tightly to clear some cc debt, drove to neighboring cities sometimes 2 or more hours away to take classes for requirements, went to every fellowship, excitedly took the exams, etc. I was so excited to learn the other 6 manifestations, to be fully instructed! I was ready to heal the sick, raise the dead, cast out demons, etc. I even signed up to go way disciple immediately after my advanced class because I wanted to put into practice what I would be learning.

Well let me tell you what. I walked away from that class seriously confused and disappointed. Instead of teaching me how to, they just talked about them giving goof ball definitions and showing records in the bible where they were in operation. To make matters worse they placed an extreme emphasis on discerning of spirits, calling it the pinnacle of spiritual maturity, and giving all these questionable categories of spirits that frankly I have found to be quite worthless. In the end I spent years working to build my confession strong enough to have the believing to walk out on the power of God. When I needed healing the most for my son all I got was nothing. If I follow my way brain, then naturally it's all my fault for not believing and staying faithful. Funny how so many others are "staying faithful" and are still sick. But the way international says power of God / revelation and impartation manifestations on one hand and then turns about and says that God has blessed with all these wonderful Doctors, Hospitals, and social programs to pay for it all so we can be debt free! Things that make you :CUSSING:

On a side note, headquarters is full of sick people. Some even have battled cancer. So....where's the healing? Where's the great power of God that is supposed to flow from the fully instructed? Oh....wait...ya someone can speak in tongues for me.... :rolleyes:

P.S.

I paid $450 bucks for that crap plus hotel and gas expenses. Oh, but I was chosen as a "Motel Steward" so I could call HQ and let them know we were all back at the hotel.

It was always "once you get to the next level, you will really get the meat of the Word." Just one more class, just one more commitment, just one more... almost there... almost there...

I have learned more about spiritual matters in the past two years AWAY from twi than I have the entire time I was in. Once I let all the confinements of twi's rules on HOW things were supposed to work, and all the categories of "devil spirits" that caused different things to happen, once I got away from that complete BLACK AND WHITE, GOOD AND EVIL thought patterns, I started to see that things are not always one way or the other. Life is so beautiful with many colors and nuances. Things are complicated, and you don't always get the same answer for similar situations. Once I saw that God just wants me to love Him/Her/It and love my neighbor as myself, things became so much simpler. I just try to love people the best I can. God shows me the rest when I need it, and most of the time I can figure it out on my own.

There is so much more good in the world than twi would ever want us to believe. That's why they put discerning of spirits at the top rung of spiritual maturity... they try to get people to look for the (devil) spirits - to look for evil, which of course is all they see. The Bible says that there are twice as many angels still with God than are with the devil. The Bible even talks about other spiritual beings other than those angels. And the Bible says that there are unbelievers who walk according to the law (Romans 2:14)... But we never learned about the good, only the evil.

The whole thing was just to get your money and get you paranoid so you could go out and "confront the world" with how much better you were than those who weren't fully instructed, because you could see the evil better than they could.

Sounds like the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, just a little, doesn't it? And how knowledge puffeth up? thinking.gif

• Upvote 1

I don't think there was anything in that class I hadn't been told already. It's like any school, you go so you can say you went.

Oh, I was swimming in kool-aide at the time. :smilie_kool_aid: I really believed the lies that said being fully instructed meant you could operate all 9. Plus, it was where I could go way duhsciple and become wqay corpse... :dance:

Sounds like the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, just a little, doesn't it? And how knowledge puffeth up? thinking.gif

Great post. And a great, big ole' YUP!

Edited by OldSkool

I took the Advanced Class at the Emporia Campus. I was housed in a huge dorm room with 20 or more other women in their 20s. I woke up one morning to find a baggie of pot on the floor next to my bed. I knew it wasn't mine, and I was completely shocked someone would bring pot to the Adv Class. It had to belong to the girl in the bed above mine. That girl ended up hurting her leg badly, and the self-righteous wayfer I was made me believe she was hurt from her sin.

I should have left with the pot. I would have become more enlightened than I was at that class.

The AC was possibly the most depressing two combined weeks I ever spent in The Way. It totally bummed me out that everyone else appeared to be understanding it while I didn't "get" it at all.

That and the fact that I tried to connect with some of the popular Way musicians of the day and they completely blew me off without so much as a listen.

Edited by waysider

The AC was possible the most depressing two combined weeks I ever spent in The Way. It totally bummed me out that everyone else appeared to be understanding it while I didn't "get" it at all.

That and the fact that I tried to connect with some of the popular Way musicians of the day and they completely blew me off without so much as a listen.

Probably for the best... I didn't "get" it either....I kept waiting for that super hush-hush(don't tell ) secret knowledge......all I remember was lots of Illuminati talk and that the country fell to pieces the year the PFAL was filmed because the devil was angry.

A Crack in Time....something like that....tell me these guys were not certifiable.

Edited by geisha779

Probably for the best... I didn't "get" it either....I kept waiting for that super hush-hush(don't tell ) secret knowledge......

Yep.. I waited .. with the others.. and the best the idiot could come up with was "... Ham.. castrated his own father.."

where did he get that junk..

:biglaugh:

I guess all that would account for Noah's high voice, and girly figure..

Yep.. I waited .. with the others.. and the best the idiot could come up with was "... Ham.. castrated his own father.."

where did he get that junk..

I guess all that would account for Noah's high voice, and girly figure..

what? They taught us that Ham had sex with his mother... Or his father... I can't remember. Probably a good thing.

The AC was possibly the most depressing two combined weeks I ever spent in The Way. It totally bummed me out that everyone else appeared to be understanding it while I didn't "get" it at all.

Maybe we went to same AC class Waysider. I couldn't agree more with you. When was this spiritual enlightenment suppose to happen? I waited too. 2 weeks of the most drawn out, dragged out, drab and dull drum I ever heard. :anim-smile:

When was this spiritual enlightenment suppose to happen?

Well, it's supposed to happen as we apply the word we are taught in service in the true household of gawd. If you really want to see the manifestations in operation you need to serve. I guess it seems we didn't serve enough....ya that's it. :smilie_kool_aid:

The manifestation of blah, blah, blah is your operation of the blah, blah, blah in the blah, blah, blah, blah----

:sleep1:

When I was finished with the AC the first time, :doh: then LCM came up with his "New Light" version.

He was the apostle you know bringing new light to a generation @ $1000.00 a pop. What bull$#!

...but just think...you got to wear the advanced class grad nametag afterwords.

Yeah...that made it ALL worthwhile! HA!

I also got a fancy tee-shirt for wasting an entire year of my youth living with 3 complete strangers, no money and in a cockroach infested apartment.

That really took the sting out there too.... :)

My wife and I took the Advanced Class in the summer of '86. I guess you could call it the last "innocent" class because right after it was the corp. week where they read "Passing" and things were never the same. I have the journal I kept and one of these days I should post it with my comments looking back 24 years on.

I think I took that in '95.. But couldn't tell you much of what was taught.. It was der new one, as I never got to see Mr W's.. I just remember getting lots and lots of sleep and wondering when it would be over!

Course I do now recall, we had one night where we had a Way Prod "concert" if you want to call it that.. Let's just say 2 hours I wished I could close my eyes and people wouldn't had noticed - but they did and wondered why I wasn't "blessed" :rolleyes: !

Course I do now recall, we had one night where we had a Way Prod "concert" if you want to call it that.. Let's just say 2 hours I wished I could close my eyes and people wouldn't had noticed - but they did and wondered why I wasn't "blessed" :rolleyes: !

I would call sleeping through a Way Productions concert a blessing!!!