GreaseSpot Cafe

Satellite view of International Headquarters

GarthP2000

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Safety is a euphemism for security. They set up on Shelby Road to guard the service and other events.

Only in cultdom does this hardly raise any eyebrows.....

"guard the service and other events".......yeah, doesn't EVERY 'CHURCH' SERVICE have glock-holstered security personnel who eyeball every attendee and ready at a moments notice to toss out the possessed?

Notice.....even in this, the BOD have insulated themselves from the unwashed. With two-way radios, they are equipped to 'cast out spirits' and not miss a beat.

Either, twi still has the paranoia of the wierwille/geer crowd......or, there are still angry husbands and ex-twiers who are coming to grips with twi's sexual predation history and money/abs deception.

"guard the service and other events".......yeah, doesn't EVERY 'CHURCH' SERVICE have glock-holstered security personnel who eyeball every attendee and ready at a moments notice to toss out the possessed?

Notice.....even in this, the BOD have insulated themselves from the unwashed. With two-way radios, they are equipped to 'cast out spirits' and not miss a beat.

Either, twi still has the paranoia of the wierwille/geer crowd......or, there are still angry husbands and ex-twiers who are coming to grips with twi's sexual predation history and money/abs deception.

That's rich, skyrider!

I really didn't think of that. I don't do a lot of church attending, but I do visit churches from time to time. A friend will say "You ought to check out such-n-such a church." and I'll go. They know I don't have a "religion" chosen so they always have helpful suggestions like that for me <grin>.

I usually go there on my own if I have time, and the people that see me all welcome me when I get there, which is sort of nice. If I get there early enough, we talk a bit, but in nearly every case they're happy I chose to stop by and are very receptive.

I take it it wouldn't be the same at the Way.

For big events, such as the anniversary, the enlist the help of local law enforcement. They post a sheriff's deputy outside the PWA. Apparently, some of the local kids like to come by and heckle em from time to time. It seems popular if you are from the local communities to go by and heckle the local cult. Of course the way international considers all of it attacks from the adversary and treats such things necessary of the threat of lethal force. Gotta keep dem debbul sprrts at bay!

Outside the PWA, meaning on Shelby road. Also, they have Br00k$ M@$0n, another safety officer, posted in plain clothes inside the main lobby in the PWA. And the back doors, where Queen Rosalie uses, is posted by John Linder. All for a church service.

So, there at least 3 to 5 law enforcement wannabes guarding a service that nobody wants to attend. That's just tremendous. :biglaugh::rolleyes:

hmm. I wonder what they do for *fun*.. when the *massive* crowds depart, and her(?) holiness has no need for them..

maybe they draw straws, to see who gets to "dispatch" unwanted pets or cats on grounds or something..

:biglaugh:

what about the new guy? I guess if you included him that would make three wanabes..

the pathetic thing.. he WASN'T a wanabe. That is at least before abandoning a real job..

hmm. I wonder what they do for *fun*.. when the *massive* crowds depart, and her(?) holiness has no need for them..

Ham......doncha know, the 'safety guys' are multi-tasked?

Doing pizza runs is one of those tasks.

Also, driving corps girls to Dayton motels.....oh wait, that was the last prez's requests.

Now they just take care of Rosie's Chocolate Lab, guard dog - Sam.

Chocolate labs don't have the same stigma as German Shepherds or Rotweilers.

labradorchocolatecobber.jpg

He is trained to attack too.

Or maybe more accurately to guard. Or attack anything trying to get near what he guards.

Now they just take care of Rosie's Chocolate Lab, guard dog - Sam.

Chocolate labs don't have the same stigma as German Shepherds or Rotweilers.

labradorchocolatecobber.jpg

He is trained to attack too.

Or maybe more accurately to guard. Or attack anything trying to get near what he guards.

What's with this obsession/paranoia to a guard dog or attack dog?

For those who profess to emulate the first century church.....did the Apostle Paul have an ATTACK DOG?

:anim-smile:

:blink: hnh?

Armed security at a church?

Nice. Very nice.

When my son and I were falsely accused and kicked out of the cult we were in residence at the family corps in Indiana. My son was actually at the high school when I was confronted and told to pack up and leave "their campus". I went to get my son and after talking to him about the false accusations I thought we should head over to HQ to speak with craig - surely he was so spiritual he would see through the tricks the others hadn't.

Wow, was I wrong. I was in my 30's, a single mom and my 13-year-old son was with me. I called HQ to see if I could get an appointment with craig and was told by the trunk coordinator of the USA that we had best not go to HQ - that they had armed guards there with photographs of my son and me and we would not be allowed on grounds. Why did they mention the "armed guards" if they didn't intend to shoot us on sight or at the very least, make me think they would.

For a bunch that wants to be seen as the ultimate Christians, they sure act like a bunch of thugs.

C'mon, guys, be fair. You can't say that TWI rent out the land, and then accuse TWI of letting it fall waste. Surely it would be the farmers they had rented it out to who had let it run to waste?

And in any event, if you spool up or down or sideways from the first aerial shot of TWI, you will see all of the neighboring fields are in exactly the same condition as those around TWI, and they are nowhere near Wayland.

Soul searcher touches on this when he asks about the time of year the photo was taken.

But since nobody's welcome at The Way

And the land doesn't get used for festivals

Nor for anything to do with the congregation/membership/plebs

It would surely be better to dispose of the land by outright sale to the local farmers?

Dispose of their surplus?

Like they did at Emporia camps, Indiana campus, and other places.

:34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,

:35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need .

:36 And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,

:37 Having land, sold it, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

Surplus houses and land were sold - the proceeds distributed.

Let's face it - they made enough of us sell houses and bring them the proceeds of sale, or a share thereof. Only fair that they should do the same.

Unlikely they would ever distribute back to us, who put the money there in the first place, but methinks most of us would be happy if they just gave it to a genuinely Christian charity that really did help people. Or even any other organization that genuinely helps people.

Ain't gonna happen, though.

Edited by Twinky

. . .

Outside the PWA, meaning on Shelby road. Also, they have Br00k$ M@$0n, another safety officer, posted in plain clothes inside the main lobby in the PWA. And the back doors, where Queen Rosalie uses, is posted by John Linder. All for a church service.

So, there at least 3 to 5 law enforcement wannabes guarding a service that nobody wants to attend. That's just tremendous. :biglaugh::rolleyes:

Hey, they work their butts off . . . till the sun comes up . . . ;)

. . . they're actually removing the people who come who want to be there, you know, those people who remember the good ole dayz . . . like crows on roadkill . . .

Oh, I would say that the land isn't wasted, as in it's doing absolutely nothing. I would say the little bit of money they get from the farmers isn't enough to cover the labor spent to mow the fields after the hay is harvested. The corn / soybean fields are pretty much left alone. But from the perspective Twinky covered, the land is not being used in any to further Christianity or to be used by "the household" like Dr. Wierwille supposedly envisioned. Honestly, the place looks run down with all the long grass grown up around the rows of trees in the way fields. It's a tired old place.

And here I was thinking that those pics would bring back those happy memories of The Rock, :love3:

W.O.W. burgers, :)

activities under the Big Top, :yawn1:

walking the Bless Patrol beat at 3 a.m. in the morning, :unsure:

... the Honey Dew wagon, ..... :redface:

Nahh. Never mind! :mooner:

:B)

TWO CENTS ALERT

Fly-overs for most arial shots are done during either before the spring bloom or after the autumn leaves fall so that foliage from the trees doesn't obscure everything. (I can tell from the satellite shots of my own house that they were taken during the winter.

Is it possible that that's the case here?

Yes. The woods are brown and not green.

Wheeew

For just a moment I thought my comparison of HQ to a wasteland was much more literal than I suspected.

:jump:

Who lives in VPW's house---Wanda? Where does Donna live? It's been a long time ago for me to remember.

Wanda and family live in the Wierwille home. Donna lives in Founders Hall apartment. At least a couple years ago.

TWO CENTS ALERT

Wheeew

For just a moment I thought my comparison of HQ to a wasteland was much more literal than I suspected.

:jump:

Well, in the immortal words of Geroge Jess - communicate, communicate, communicate (then he turned w/o another word and left - ironic, eh?) :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Okay I have a couple more questions... When i was in TWI Donna and LCM were living in a big new Log cabin style home it was beautiful and they let us returning WOW's do a tour through it. I think I remember it being in or on the edge of the Way woods... IS it still there and who lives in it now and what do they call it now...

WOW Burgers... I actually liked mine... but, when you are hungry you know how that goes.

Well, it's three buildings that make up one facility. The Chalet is where The Forehead lived. Donna lived there for a time but moved to Founders Hall Apartment. Living there when I left was Rosalie's secretary and one of Donna's sisters who is on the cabinet. Personally I think those two are a lot more than friends. There is also the Corps-tel, that is mostly unused. And the Chalet Annex. The director group use the chalet annex exclusively for their private meetings, and many there are.

The Chalet.. Was considered one of the more "spiritual" locations, that not just anyone was allowed to go.

One time while on staff I was working at HQ with an outside contractor to fix something at the Chalet.. Anyways, the contractor had left the lights on in the garage, and I didn't notice after locking everything up.. But about 10 hours later, at about 11pm that night, all within 5 minutes of each other I not only get a page over the emergency response pagers, a radio call from the switchboard, a personal knock on my door at Founder's Hall from someone in Safety, I also get a second phone call personally from Linder yelling and screaming about how dare I leave the lights on and that Donna M. was extremely upset that I could make such a mistake and that I better go out there right away and shut it off. For a freakin light, in a garage.. Yeah.. ok.. Oh, and of course I was required to send a "I'm sorry" note after turning the light off along with lots of other smoochins...

How I'm glad to be out of that culture..

The Chalet.. Was considered one of the more "spiritual" locations, that not just anyone was allowed to go.

When The Forehead was living there any of the male maintenance workers had to sit down to take a leak because he was sensitive to the sound.

And....you think Donna could have lifted her judgmental, lazy finger to the switch to solve the problem? I wonder the opportunity cost in setting all those people in motion over a light being left on.