GreaseSpot Cafe

Satellite view of International Headquarters

GarthP2000

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And....you think Donna could have lifted her judgmental, lazy finger to the switch to solve the problem? I wonder the opportunity cost in setting all those people in motion over a light being left on.

OMGAWD!! She's become such a pathetic relic!

So - does Donna live in one room that she shares with 3 other people, or was that a privilege just reserved for the in rez corps?

Single staff I think got one of those rooms for themselves.

But Old Skool, you say: an apartment. I have a vague memory of some small flat-lets on the corners of the building that might have had two rooms, for staff couples. Maybe even (gasp) their own private bathrooms? But don't they have some sort of communal kitchen area with some other flat-lets?

So are you saying that Donna has one of these flat-lets to herself? Is that because she's so spay-shal or because there simply aren't enough staff that need them and perhaps everyone now inc in rez WC can have their own room?

Did in rez WC still share, Old Skool? Even though there must have been lots of space in Founders Hall for in rez WC not to be crammed together?

No, there is full size 2 bedroom apartment in Founders Hall. It's on the first floor by the west entrance (main parking lot). Perhaps back in the day, it was for the in-rez corps coordinators? But, h3ll to the no does Donna live how everyone else does.

had to sit down to pee? ARE YOU MAKING THAT UP??? (I'm sure you're really not, I'm just stunned.)

I couldn't make up something that stupid. Sadly, the forehead was extremely sensitive to anything that would disturb his "research." I was in building services at the time and we had replaced carpet and pad in one of the rooms. I asked my coordinator at the time where the bathroom was and he gave me the low down. Told me how extremely tight things were in the Chalet and told me to be thankful that Craig wasn't there at the moment because if he was, and we would have been told he was there, then I would have to sit down because the only restroom available for maintenance folks was near his study.

No, there is full size 2 bedroom apartment in Founders Hall. It's on the first floor by the west entrance (main parking lot). Perhaps back in the day, it was for the in-rez corps coordinators? But, h3ll to the no does Donna live how everyone else does.

Ed and Jacque H0rney lived in this apartment when they were assistant corps coordinators (before they started having kids).

Ed and Jacqui lived in an apartment, but there were also some staff quarters that were a bit bigger than the in rez Corps facilities. They were on the ground floor, near the door, on the "short arm" of Founders Hall. Not quite sure, it wasn't a place I had much time to visit. Possibly there were similar on the floor above. The Horneys lived on the other "short arm" of Founders Hall, kind of in the middle of the in rez Corps - at least, when I was there.

Ed and Jacque H0rney lived in this apartment when they were assistant corps coordinators (before they started having kids).

I'm not 100% certain about that one part.. There's been talk, and it may just be talk, but it's highly plausible because of previous associations between 2 "consenting" adults.. One being the big forehead...

Twinky, there were some corner rooms that were configured differently than the rest of the rooms. But I honestly can't remember if they were actually larger or just different. (it's been a long, long time since Founders Hall cleaning crew days)

And then, when the numbers were down (and money was down) and they starting insisting staff move on grounds, they turned these rooms and some of the married suites into "apartments"... yeah, right. Two rooms and a bathroom. Now, THAT's living!!

Edited by TheHighWay

Here's the Chalet, Chalet Annex, Corps-tel and Way Woods home. The Way Woods home is a MAJOR POS that needs to be demolished. It was thrown together hap-haphazardly many years ago. It housed VP Platig. I has a very tiny apartment in it that is barely suitable for a dog kennel. Yet I know two married couples with babies that were tossed in there. Deplorable really.

The Chalet is VERY fancy and expensive. King and Queen Martindale ruled the world from this location for many years. Last I knew it was inhabited by Rozilla's secretary and Donna's sister who is on the President's Cabinet. They make a cute couple. They vacation, do laundry, shop, live, eat, and who knows what else - TOGETHER! :knuddel: :o

The Corps-Tel, which was intended to house traveling way corps who stopped in to visit HQ, is mostly, if not entirely unused. No way corps would be allowed to "stop in" to visit HQ. If they did visit it's likely they would stay in Founders Hall and the trip would be planned months in advance. Nothing like putting the best out there for the Corps. Of course not many way corps venture there without good reason.

The chalet annex is where all the extra super secret, confidentially confidential director group meetings happen. Real hush hush stuff goes on in there. If I had to guess the recurring theme that comes up in their meetings is "NO - WE DON"T WANT THE BELIEVERS DOING THAT." :biglaugh:

chalet.png

Twinky, there were some corner rooms that were configured differently than the rest of the rooms. But I honestly can't remember if they were actually larger or just different. (it's been a long, long time since Founders Hall cleaning crew days)

And then, when the numbers were down (and money was down) and they starting insisting staff move on grounds, they turned these rooms and some of the married suites into "apartments"... yeah, right. Two rooms and a bathroom. Now, THAT's living!!

In Founders Hall there are single rooms, used to house two to a room. Used to be four to a room with two double bunks back in the old days. Then there are Suites. Suites are two small, identical opposite rooms with a shared bathroom in the middle. Then there is the full sized apartment that was occupied by Donna. I don't know of any special rooms. Although some of the rooms on the west side of the building are a little bigger, but not by much. Really, I think Donna moved there to keep an eye on the young people coming and going. There used to be a little party scene amongst some of the younger folks, most of them are no longer on Staff.

Well - - that depends on how you look at it....everybody lives on a "need" basis....how much does one really need when they truly "travel light"!?

When was the Chalet Annexe built?

And the Way Woods Home?

I don't remember either of these buildings.

There was a little house in the woods, cure, olde-worlde, just one room up and one down. Not habitable. Used for cutesy-cutesy meetings and a quiet place away from the organized chaos of the main buildings. What was that called?

I'm not sure of the dates of the added structures. I do know they obviously followed the Chalet. But in what order and when I am unsure. They aren't new, that much I can tell you.

The other structure you are talking about is the Cabin in the Woods. It was moved to HQ by in-residence Way Corps, and restored. They did a nice job. It's an old log cabin. I liked it a lot.

Ah yes. The Cabin in the woods. It was a nice place. Nice "feel" to it. Some happy times there (with friends, not with "official" TWI events).

Here's the Chalet, Chalet Annex, Corps-tel and Way Woods home.

Isn't the "Way Woods home"........B & S R3ahard's old home?

As I remember it, Bo had this home built when he went on staff. Twi never paid him for this home, but just confiscated it when he went on the field.

...to keep an eye on the young people coming and going. There used to be a little party scene amongst some of the younger folks, most of them are no longer on Staff.

So some of you Way folks used to drink and party and stuff? I know it went on but somehow I can't picture it. Partying, to me, was always the polar opposite of leading a "good Christian life".

I remember being surprised when my ex-Way friend drank and smoked with me many years ago. She said that being born again didn't mean you couldn't indulge in substances. I thought that was pretty cool -- I had always thought of born again Christians as "clean-living", so to speak.

So some of you Way folks used to drink and party and stuff? I know it went on but somehow I can't picture it. Partying, to me, was always the polar opposite of leading a "good Christian life".

I remember being surprised when my ex-Way friend drank and smoked with me many years ago. She said that being born again didn't mean you couldn't indulge in substances. I thought that was pretty cool -- I had always thought of born again Christians as "clean-living", so to speak.

That's what separated us from those other "Christian" organizations. Imagine running into an old boyfriend at a bar and him asking me who I'm with and I tell him my new Christian buddies. It was *my* kind of Christianity. I didn't have to change a thing.

Well, I'm sure that's what the "official" rules were. :wink2:

Yes, and I'm sure there were people who flexed those rules, as evidenced by the people who got the bum's rush from the program. The thing that may be hard for you to understand, though, soul searcher, is that we were conditioned to believe that leadership could operate the revelation manifestations to know if we had done something wrong or were lying. In reality, this information may have come via "snitches" or they could have simply stumbled on some bit of information by chance. Now, if they (leadership) were found out regarding their source of information, they could simply say that God gave them revelation to ASK Billy Bob or that God gave them revelation to STOP at the hamburger joint where they witnessed some infraction. Pretty convenient control technique.

Edited by waysider

Yes, and I'm sure there were people who flexed those rules, as evidenced by the people who got the bum's rush from the program. The thing that may be hard for you to understand, though, soul searcher, is that we were conditioned to believe that leadership could operate the revelation manifestations to know if we had done something wrong or were lying. In reality, this information may have come via "snitches" or they could have simply stumbled on some bit of information by chance. Now, if they (leadership) were found out regarding their source of information, they could simply say that God gave them revelation to ASK Billy Bob or that God gave them revelation to STOP at the hamburger joint where they witnessed some infraction. Pretty convenient control technique.

My GREAT AUNT Magaret (Maggie or more often "Mags") Knows everything,.... she does. You're damned lucky she wasn't in charge Waysider!