GreaseSpot Cafe

It's really not rocket science....

OldSkool

Really, it's not to hard too figure out.

Vision and Direction, a reference document given to the way corps, has defined that each branch, limb, region should see an increase in classes and abundant sharing year over year. Increase in money is the least common denominator.

HQ and Gunnison have been hemorrhaging staff for several years now. Obviously, this would reduce expenses in a major way. Yet, budget cuts at headquarters are an ongoing process. Ever learning how to do more with less.

Most areas have trouble meeting their class quotas, the advanced class attendance numbers are dismal, way disciple ranks are fewer, in-residence way corps (probably a liability) is teeny in numbers. I wonder, pray-tell is the abundant sharing down? I would guess that it is since 2000 when the latest mass exodus happened.

From the now defunct excultworld.com

http://web.archive.org/web/20030209204549/www.excultworld.com/misc+stuff/TWI+Financials.htm

image002yf.gif

Seems like the money has recovered just fine, expenses should be down, yet the way international like to pay their staff just above minimum wage. They are notoriously cheap.

So it would seem from what I mentioned above that the way international has been amassing money for quite sometime. Is this growth? Is this what it means when the way international says they are in a position of strength?

In spite of the bible being clear that the tithe is no longer in effect. Concerning giving it's as a person purposes in their heart - It never mentions money. So, I could purpose to give bread crumbs and if done with a cheerful heart to meet a persons lack it would well pleasing in God's sight.

So let's get honest.

IT'S ALL ABOUT MONEY!

But to what end? Who is collecting the ''non'' profits???

Is it ''in case of emergency"? I was always taught from TWI that was "Baaaaaaaadddddd Believing".

They certainly aren't GIVING IT AWAY,

or

setting up CHARITABLE PROGRAMS for local/global community

nor are they

paying staff what they are worth.

What is the reason for the hoarding??????

Edited by bliss

...So it would seem that twi goes through the motions of running a "ministry" in order to protect it's assets and it's non-profit status with the IRS. I suspect that they make more money through investments than they do in the actual work of the "ministry"...

What a joke.

I suppose one could speculate that they have learned to trust in their money. Around HQ we were reminded very often that we were working off of abundant sharing (ABS). We were never told we were working off of investment dividends gained from ABS. But the reverence for ABS was stressed! Perhaps it has just become one delusional reality of hoarding away money in the name of God. They give nothing back to the community, the do very little to help the financially strapped corps on the field. A lot of things are not reimbursed to field Way Corps. Usually their leadership just tells them to consider it ABS. They produce a weekly STS and a bi-monthly War Ragazine. What in the h3ll do they contribute?

Oh, I know, they teach the word like it hasn't been known since the 1st century! :smilie_kool_aid:

Of their $54 million in assets they have, as of 2008:

Short Term Investments $24,963,291.05

Other Investments $1,184,449.84

Total Investments $26,147,740.89

That's roughly 49% of their total assets in investments.

Most companies have a pension plan for their employees, especially their very senior ones. Their salaries comprise pay, pension contributions, and shares (not that shares in TWI are available, being (cough) non-profit).

Old Skool, what do you know about official pension arrangements for the BoD? Do you know if there have been contributions made to a pension scheme for Rosalie or any of the others who have been around since inception? Or high-ups later, like Donna?

In other words, do you know if there is a chunk that was ABS'd that has (ostensibly as pay) disappeared into private funding arrangements that doesn't show as "company assets" within that $54million?

I only know about the 401k they have for Staff. I would wager that they have something for themselves at some level, perhaps? Maybe not. sadly, I don't know. They are way too hush hush so if it exists it would take Rosalie to come post about it. I won't hold my breath for that...lol

The answer is obvious. They need to purchase additional missles for the auditorium. And an aircraft carrier. I think the Pope has one for sale right now.

Ohhhhh, Nowww it makes sense.. They really removed all the military wording in the scriptures because we weren't spiritual enough to handle the truth. We were babes, only able to understand "athletes". Where as the real spiritual guys in the know, were/are getting ready for real combat.. Gee, what a babe needing milk I was!

I guess it's not rocket science that they ARE hoarding money. Maybe the rocket science would come into play figuring out WHY they are hoarding their money.

My guess is they are hoarding money because while they hold the top positions and no one can vote them out, they can enjoy the rich life making all their servants(aka WC) do everything for em.. So yeah, who cares about the # of people in da Way, as long as there are a few left to go fetch us water, and the money will ensure they have a lavish lifestyle until death..

It all makes sense now. And everyone in the "know" is trying to climb that latter, kiss the Queen's butt, or whatever it takes to try and have a piece of said lifestyle. Whereas the rest are clueless actually trying to bolster the number, not knowing that's not the agenda.. It's all about that lavish lifestyle now and into retirement..

Oh, and of course, keeping da werd safe. Gotta hoard that too.

"Hoard the word" - yeah, exactly what they do.

Only available to special people. Sign in - to a "church" service...? Many unwelcome...?

Hoard it.

Like a dragon's hoard. Rosalie, you lie like a ... dragon ...?

What happened to, freely you have received - freely give...?

From a current other thread about staff waiting to serve - people within a 250 mile radius are expected to travel to HQ every week. That's, what, at least ten hours driving? With fuel costs, and food costs en route?

And do they pay a "mileage allowance" to help those people come?

Do they pay for home assistance for those people so that their homes can be "up to scratch" because they don't have time to work on them, themselves? Like painting and decorating and all those other tasks people do at the weekend?

Yeah, right.

Hoard the money you have extracted from them, and suck out by other means the remainder of the money they have.

I have heard second or thirdhand that Rosalie has made the statement that one of her goals is to get HQ to the point where they are not dependant upon the income of the Way of the USA to be sustainable. Now while that sounds like an admirable "corporate CEO" type of statement, when you dig down into it it is somewhat alarming.

First of all, in the broadest sense the only reason for the existence of TWI is a service organization. Yes, Biblical RTF of course, but we've already seen that those 3 things are really not the focus or even a reality. Research - non-existant, Teachings - highly organized but scripted and dull, Fellowship - secondary to political aspirations. So the original tenets of why TWI made sense aren't really holding up - that the basic Christian church was not really teaching people the Bible. Of course that was always somewhat of a sham, and it rode in on the naieve attitudes of the hippy culture and has hung around.

Even in Jesus own teachings, he who would be greatest let him be servant to them all. So in other words, you can measure the value of an organization by the amount of service it provides people. And in TWI's case, the focus over time gets gradually less and less towards serving people and more and more towards building political infrastructures to ensure the ongoing existance of the organization. In other words - the focus is self-perpetuation. They are not serving people, they are being served by people. Micro management doesn't serve the lower ranks, it uses the lower ranks to serve the higher ranks. All of TWI is built in this fashion.

In reality, TWI is an antiquated vehicle. It has no real Christian purpose in a modern world. It has grown into the ivy towers where dull denominational traditions rule over believer's deeply springing powers (from the inspirational poem that VPW plagiarized along with so much else).

This is why they are seeing attrition. The attrition is basically hidden and masked by R^pp who teaches all his direct reports to lie about numbers and require "approval" by the Way of the USA before saying it's OK to remove Johnny Jumpup from the rolls even though he's only been to 1 fellowship over the past 2 years. They lie about numbers to protect their positions - as if people leave they blame the lowest level of leader they can get away with blaming. Usually that's Way Corps as they have little leverage over a fellowship coordinator. The Corps should wake up too - how much of your life is controlled by someone labeling you a "status"??? I am going to respond to this by making up my own "status" for the directors - "clueless". Do you want a truthful picture? Blame the highest level of responsibility for the attrition. People leave because you, Rosalie, are not doing your job. You are not leading TWI in a strategic direction that leads to growth. And your lap-dogs on the Cabinet are smooching your behind because they know you are a monster and will axe them with little provocation. You are a retired schoolteacher in a CEO position, without the training or experience to even know what strategy looks like, little less execute on one. And when you retire, there are more clueless morons waiting to fill your shoes. So stop blaming other people, and look in the mirror. That's where the problem is. It can't be fixed.

The best thing to do is to let natural progression follow its course and watch it die on it's own momentum.

• Upvote 2

So in their arrogance and disdain for their followers they want to be able to exist without their support. That is crazier than I thought. In the past several years I began to think that for the people who were blindly committed to the way international, that the ministry had become their god and the directors had taken the place of Jesus Christ. So by the way international money - it lives!

But My investments shall provide all my needs,.... According to tax-free status, for the rest of my life?

I just wonder if one of them (who can) will "Take the money and run."

Expenses yanno?

Maybe just getting tired of waiting, and not wanting to see it get passed on to the leadership that survives them.

What would they buy?

How well will they hide (are they hiding) this?

It's not like any of these folks are spring chickens, know what I mean, Vern?

They only have to concern themselves with making it last for the relatively short period of time they are likely to be sharing this planet.

A friend of mine (who is in the Way, so no names) says:

She'd like to be the one at the hospital when Rosie is on life support,...

She'd pull the plug, show it to her,

and tell her she'd best start believin'

• Upvote 1

Say what? What spin was this?

Shoot! Now I can't remember where that's from. Maybe the POOP paper? You know, the thing about how Ol' Vic just turned his back (or was it his face?) to the wall and simply gave up living 'cause his po' widdle heart was broked..

Shoot! Now I can't remember where that's from. Maybe the POOP paper? You know, the thing about how Ol' Vic just turned his back (or was it his face?) to the wall and simply gave up living 'cause his po' widdle heart was broked..

OMFG! I have heard several variations of this (never that he had cancer) from some of the elder wayfers that helped "raise me up." The underlying thread was he "gave up the fight" or that he was "tired of fighting, as the man of God." I hadn't heard the broken heart angle before though. That's rich.