GreaseSpot Cafe

It's really not rocket science....

OldSkool

of course he died of a broken heart. where have you been?

you don't understand the betrayal he went through

these greedy insane people

i can't even edit on here pppffftt

And,.......... And................... >guffaw< <snicker>

and,...... then he said,.... Eli Eli The Llamas are on sabattical!..... And HE Gave up the Ghost....

(((((.....swoon......)))))

oldskool have you ever spent time with dr. wierwille

No, Vicster Doc was Pre OldSkool. I have heard a lot of his old way corps teachings and U of L tapes. But never the "genuine" article.

And then he said, "I have made a terrible mistake... I gave the forehead power beyond his wildest imaginings! God forgive me!". And he gave up the ghost.

As he fell back upon his bed, there was nothing to be heard except silence....

And the sound of his glass eye rolling across the floor.

OMFG! I have heard several variations of this (never that he had cancer) from some of the elder wayfers that helped "raise me up." The underlying thread was he "gave up the fight" or that he was "tired of fighting, as the man of God." I hadn't heard the broken heart angle before though. That's rich.

CANCER

AND THIS

And, according to Ch!s G33r, VPW willfully committed suicide. (Though C.G. couched it in a bit more flowery phrasing.) Why is that important? Page 21/item 17/AC: ("suicide is caused by a devil spirit.") [paraphrased]

Edited by waysider

I suspect that the whole idea that he just quit living or died of a broken heart stems from that story or rather the teaching he did during PFAL ( Or some other class) that in eastern culture people do that when they are done living they just decide they are done and they stop living..

So when Vicster died at a relatively young age people(CG) just kind of latched on to that Idea after all VP was supposed to be so extra spiritual of course he was in control of his body functions.. :smilie_kool_aid::rolleyes::confused:

So many Lies so much BS and I believed it. :realmad::redface:

Edited by leafytwiglet

Not sure that I heard that VPW "turned his face to the wall" but you can bet your bottom dollar that if he did/somebody said he did, it's in an effort to magnify VPW.

There are two occurrences of this expression in KJV and they both refer to the same event: King Hezekiah had been "sick unto death" and his city was beseiged. Then the prophet Isaiah went to see him and Hezekiah changed his mind and was healed and lived long afterwards.

1 In those days was Hezekiah sick unto death. And Isaiah the prophet the son of Amoz came unto him, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Set thine house in order : for thou shalt die, and not live. 2 Then Hezekiah turned his face toward the wall, and prayed unto the LORD, 3 And said, Remember now, O LORD, I beseech thee, how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore.

4 Then came the word of the LORD to Isaiah, saying , 5 Go, and say to Hezekiah, Thus saith the LORD, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will add unto thy days fifteen years.

6 And I will deliver thee and this city out of the hand of the king of Assyria: and I will defend this city.

Look at Hezekiah's prayer (bold, italics). Wouldn't be surprised if someone was suggesting this of VPW's life.

But (heh heh) God is not fooled, knew VPW hadn't lived like this, and didn't answer the prayer (if indeed it were made). And VPW died.

Here is the other record: 2 Kings 20

See the astonishing selfishness at the end of that chapter, where, after some bragging on Hezekiah's part, awful pronouncements are made against Hezekiah's successor, and all Hezekiah says is: "Good is the word of the lord." Didn't care about his successors one bit. Only that he himself got 15 more years of life.

Better stop this now before the thread disappears into Doctrinal. :rolleyes:

Edited by Twinky

• 13 years later...

For those of you to whom this is actually news (I sometimes forget that this still true...)

the death certificate for vpw states vpw's death was caused by "metastatic and ocular cancer."

For those who need that explained, the body normally filters toxins and tries to keep going.  This can be impeded by certain practices, or exposure to toxins.  (If you breathe a lot in asbestos-filled rooms, your lungs are going to be in a lot of trouble.)   In the case of vpw, he drank a lot of alcohol, which strained his body's liver and other defenses, and he smoked a lot of tobacco- a known carcinogen.  DECADES of both are what set up vpw to die,  Now, vpw liked to claim that his eye was damaged- not by exposure to carcinogenic smoke for hundreds of hours, but rather got cancer when he spent a few days a long time ago, filming pfal under bright studio lights.   Now, bright studio lights DO NOT CAUSE CANCER.  The closest report to that was that if a WIELDER uses his WELDING TORCH for long periods without his welding mask, he risks cancer.  vpw was not exposed to welding torches.   Furthermore, thousands of people a year spend extended periods working under bright studio lights.  Those people don't drop dead of cancer upon spending A YEAR under those lights.  So, vpw's claim about the 2 weeks is completely without merit.  He lied- which, by now, should be no surprise.  His vices and his addictions, over the long run, are what weakened his body and prepared it to die fairly young. 

All the talks about who made him want to die, why he "stopped believing", and so on, were all just a smokescreen.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, WordWolf said:

All the talks about who made him want to die, why he "stopped believing", and so on, were all just a smokescreen.

aka subterfuge

It has been what, nearly 40 years since he died? In that time, a heck of a lot of increase of available knowledge has become available and obvious. 

Three books shining bright lights on the growth of knowledge are (and no doubt there are many more) include:

59808487.jpg

Especially chapter 2.

61273798.jpg

and

34146662.jpg

To me, what our good friend wordwolf described represents a sort of second renaissance out of superstition. The first was possibly spurred on by Thomas Paine's essay, The Age of Reason.