GreaseSpot Cafe

HALF A MILLION Posts as of today

pawtucket

I remember being in North Carolina visiting a friend. Someone I met through Waydale. She introduced me to a few people and somehow I got involved in designing the First Billboard to go up in the New Knoxville area. Pamsandiego thought up the catch phrase. Many rallied around the project including Jeff who went on to CES. Of course, the sleeze balls at HDQ hit it within hours of it being up. I learned more than I ever want to know about billboards during that time. I got to visit some of my favorite people Mike Pais, Mike Northrup, Pam French and Pam's cute little twins who were both married with children.

During this trip, someone planted an idea to start another ex-way site. I couldn't see why, Waydale was a tightly run ship. Over the next few months, I did. First with a forum and then a chat room. I didn't know very much HTML at the time and had a very demanding job..... (to be continued)

Edited by pawtucket

And I had no resources for info. I was quite happy with just the forum. Waydale was still the happening place. The trial was in the distance, everyone was excited about that. I think everyone that had been wronged by The Way, was hanging their hat on the trial.

I forget who approached who, but Groucho wanted to tell his story. I had a front page article!!! It was something like the After Midnight Gazette. (I'll try to find it)

OH and the night I was supposed to start it. I started a thread. AND Rafael started a thread, called THE on Waydale. It was the most popular thread that Waydale ever had!!! That thread had to be split up into multiple threads. At that time the software could only handle a certain number of posts. EZboard locked the threads a few times. I just spent the weeks dusting the furniture at GS.

post-276-127776530882_thumb.gif

Wow.. congratulations, I think..

:biglaugh:

has anyone considered yet another billboard? Something along the lines of "the incredible shrinking tree" or something?

I'd donate some toward it..

Since you learned a lot about billboards.. do the companies offer (for a small fee) replacement insurance for damaged, pilfered or vandalized billboards?

It would be like "Groundhog Day" for twi..

Heck.. it might even give linder (or his rapidly becoming more pudgy replacement) a hobby or something..

Edited by Ham

i remember meeting you on waydale. you talked about staying home in california during rock of ages and having your own pebble of ages. that made me laugh so hard.

i also recall how much fun it was to go from the old greasespot to the new, but that we can save for later.

i thought you got greasespot started because waydale had to go down as one of the requirements of the lawsuit -- and all these people had nowhere to go

OH and the night I was supposed to start it. I started a thread. AND Rafael started a thread, called THE on Waydale. It was the most popular thread that Waydale ever had!!! That thread had to be split up into multiple threads. At that time the software could only handle a certain number of posts.

THE . . . . Looks like Tom Strange got his wish after all. It finally died. sad.gif

Who was the lucky poster???

(I'd reminisce but I have a hard time remembering yesterday...never mind what seems like lifetimes ago at the beginning of GS.)

Thank you, thank you, thank you for providing us with this board Paw, and all the work, dedication blessings and BS that has gone with

Ex,

GS started about 6 months before the lawsuit. I had a feeling that closing Waydale might be a condition of the lawsuit, no matter what the outcome. So I wanted there to be a place. Business was slow until the trial happened, or was going to happen. And suddenly Waydale was closing.

Paw, you have provided and invaluable public service and I thank you. (Not to mention that it's fun -- for me anyway.)

I had no idea -- NO IDEA -- that there were so many disgruntled ex-Way people out there. As I've said before, up until last fall I thought TWI was a perfectly legitimate and respected Christian ministry.

No prizes. I wish I could afford stuff like that but just knowing you are the half-millionth poster should be thanks enough.

I will add to the story this evening....

You could always give him a hundred free posts in Just Plain Silly..

Ex,

GS started about 6 months before the lawsuit. I had a feeling that closing Waydale might be a condition of the lawsuit, no matter what the outcome. So I wanted there to be a place. Business was slow until the trial happened, or was going to happen. And suddenly Waydale was closing.

thanks paw