GreaseSpot Cafe

Make it your own! RENAME IT!

JavaJane

I know this is a "cult thing" to do - to come up with your own terminology and lingo that only people within the group understood... TWI renamed SO MUCH STUFF... couldn't call anything the same thing the mainstream Christians did! We have a large group of "non-denominational" Christians around here (IHOP) who also do the same thing. They have a building with a sign out front that says, "Children's Equipping Center." It always scares me - I have this image come to mind of children being strapped on to people's backs like backpacks or something...

So, a brief glossary of TWI lingo:

Way Corps - Seminary (as if!)

Way Disciple/WOW - Missions

Advance - Retreat (WE NEVER RETREAT!)

Ho Ho (Household Holidays) - Christmas

Bless n Treat - Halloween

Happy Hearts Day - Valentine's Day

Resurrection Sunday - Easter (I can *kinda* see this one)

And I am sure there are lots more you all could come up with.

One of the most important things I think people can do to recover from TWI is to simply go back to using the normal language they used before becoming involved. Special jargon, and unusual meanings given to ordinary terms, are the tools of thought-control and group-think.

Love,

Steve

We could always come up with our own terminology. For example:

LCM - ho

VPW - ho ho

Original BOT - Victor, Harry, Ermal - ho, ho, not a ho

I'm feeling more festive already!

:biglaugh:

ROFLMAO!

I think we have a lot more of our own terminology than we credit ourselves.

The Forehead

Rozilla, RosaLIE, Frau Q-Tip

VeePee

Strange how many Frau has. <_<

It was mostly Bolsheviks brainchild. I think he had called her Queen Q-Tip in the shoutbox one day. Frau was my contribution.

Seriously, that picture is just gross.

But my God it's is worth a thousand words. Endeavor to keep the staff locked up on grounds and only let em out to work while the board of directors enjoys special privileges. Not that there is too much special about a pool and an A frame house.

I never liked singing christmas carols with the words changed to waymin lingo. It was embarassing.

Yeah, that was LAME... and they would always want to do it at HO-HO parties where we were supposed to bring new people. Talk about a way to alienate your undershepherdee!

Yeah, that was LAME... and they would always want to do it at HO-HO parties where we were supposed to bring new people. Talk about a way to alienate your undershepherdee!

OMG!! HATED DOING THAT! Speak in tongues, speak in tongues, do it everyday! Oh what fun it is to know in the spirit you can pray! Hey! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :CUSSING::realmad:

maybe I should have said "undersheep" instead of "undershepherdee?" (not to be confused with Underdog the superhero in any way, shape or form.)

It was mostly Bolsheviks brainchild. I think he had called her Queen Q-Tip in the shoutbox one day. Frau was my contribution.

Seriously, that picture is just gross.

But my God it's is worth a thousand words. Endeavor to keep the staff locked up on grounds and only let em out to work while the board of directors enjoys special privileges. Not that there is too much special about a pool and an A frame house.

I sort of thought Nurse Ratchet works too. But the Q-tip is Brilliant!