GreaseSpot Cafe

Let''s talk "abundance," shall we?

OldSkool

What's the standard response from the almighty board of dummies? "God will give you what you need when you need it."

Yep... a minimum wage job at Mickey D's or Wally World as a greeter...

We had an elderly emeritus corps lady who lived in our area for while - she had worked for her entire working life for TWI... she started having health problems and they gave her the boot (under the guise of "it's for your health!")... with nothing, no retirement, no pension, NOTHING except a free moving van and a couple of Staff guys to help her pack her stuff. I always had a problem with that. She had no one - no kids or family to fall back on, and she had given her life for this ministry that didn't even bother to take care of her when she got old and sick. Last I knew she was still working... She will never be able to retire.

Is that the abundant life?

Dorothy Ow3ns and Rhoda Wierwxxx worked for twi into their 80s.....and that was VeePee's idea of the "abundant life." Of course, the trustees had the safety net of twi to cushion the reality of living on squat.

Twi didn't amass $54 MILLION by generous giving and pension plans.....

:CUSSING:

And I think this is in part the reason they came up with that lamo little 401k at HQ. If I have met one disgruntled lifer who knows they are totally dependent on living on staff to eek out a living I have met a hundred. The folks who have literally "staked" their lives on the way international and have managed to accumulate a few years seem to get this eerie sense that they have little to nothing to show for it.

What's the standard response from the almighty board of dummies? "God will give you what you need when you need it."

The implied second sentence is left out - "because we sure as hell aren't going to....".

The implied second sentence is left out - "because we sure as hell aren't going to....".

Yep. I am sure you have heard Rozilla stress that "the way ministry owes people nothing."

When I was on Staff I never knew about any government programs. We paid a lot out of pocket to have my child due to it being a high risk pregnancy and delivery. I knew I'd never be able to have any more children making squat $.

A local person told me about WIC which was a blessing. My child was unable to be breastfed and the cost of formula is insane. So thankfully, WIC was helpful for that, otherwise we would've had no money whatsoever.

Wait a minute. You were on staff and had to be on WIC?

Wait a minute. You were on staff and had to be on WIC?

I was on staff and on WIC and Medicaid too, as well as another state-sponsored medical assistance program. Most of the people on these programs don't have jobs...if that gives you any clues as to how low the pay is. It's so pitiful that I'm torn between laughing and crying.

In fact, I know someone who was on staff and suddenly got a very serious medical problem that required lots of hospitalization and other stuff. They intentionally changed him from full-time staff to volunteer staff just so he could get and keep Medicaid and other gov't health plans to pay his bills. That's a great health plan, huh? Let's hear it for the Wise Ones on the Bird of Dictators for coming up with God's plan to take care of the staff in that mess.

I was on staff and on WIC and Medicaid too, as well as another state-sponsored medical assistance program. Most of the people on these programs don't have jobs...if that gives you any clues as to how low the pay is. It's so pitiful that I'm torn between laughing and crying.

In fact, I know someone who was on staff and suddenly got a very serious medical problem that required lots of hospitalization and other stuff. They intentionally changed him from full-time staff to volunteer staff just so he could get and keep Medicaid and other gov't health plans to pay his bills. That's a great health plan, huh? Let's hear it for the Wise Ones on the Bird of Dictators for coming up with God's plan to take care of the staff in that mess.

Just when I think that I've heard every LOW, SCUM BUCKET TRICK IN TWI'S SCAM.....

Bottom-feeders would be too generous in describing them.

:anim-smile:

Amazing! When I was a WOW in Idaho we had a lady who was a single mom that took the class. She was on welfare and other types of government assistance. One day we decided we'd get together with her and listen to a SNS tape of a teaching from VPW. VP started talking about abundance and yelled, "Way believers are not on WELFARE!!" He then proceeded to lamblast people who received such assistance. I can't remember specifically what he said, but he talked about "if you don't work, you don't eat", and other such uplifting truths. Made for a pretty uncomfortable moment in our fellowship. I tried to cover and probably said something stupid myself. In any event, the lady never returned to fellowship. It wasn't because of distance or driving that kept her away because she lived in the other half of the double we were renting.

Now you're telling me that TWI is requiring and even enabling staffers to go on medicaid? Amazing. How hypocritical.

Funny, I know of one woman who was told BY VP that it was God's will that she be on welfare while she finished training for a ministry job... Maybe he got revelation or something??

Funny, I know of one woman who was told BY VP that it was God's will that she be on welfare while she finished training for a ministry job... Maybe he got revelation or something??

Or perhaps, wierwille was simply reflecting on his past. From 1953-1957, wierwille stayed snuggled on the Van Wert church payroll until he built enough financial supporters for The Way, Inc.

You know that woman I was talking about that VP told it was OK for her to be on welfare? Well, she's the same elderly lady who was dumped from her Staff position when she got old and sick... She'll probably be back on welfare soon.

$10 Million in a Medical Fund and they won't even help their own people? I guess the way they treated Mrs. Weirwille says it all.

So many people I knew were barely making ends meet. Those who actually had good jobs and/or rich parents were definitely favored in my area.

It saddens and appalls me to read that people on staff are having to take advantage of government programs. I'm glad that my ex had a small savings and a little something in a 401K when he left me to go on staff. At least he is a very healthy person and will not need to experience the crummy healthcare plan.... at least, I hope he won't.

It makes me extremely glad that we never went WOW, WD or on staff when we were married. I have a great job, a nice home, my dream car and the truly "more abundant" life that I thought I would be living while involved with TWI. We were chasing an impossible dream, weren't we?

$10 Million in a Medical Fund and they won't even help their own people? I guess the way they treated Mrs. Weirwille says it all.

So many people I knew were barely making ends meet. Those who actually had good jobs and/or rich parents were definitely favored in my area.

It saddens and appalls me to read that people on staff are having to take advantage of government programs. I'm glad that my ex had a small savings and a little something in a 401K when he left me to go on staff. At least he is a very healthy person and will not need to experience the crummy healthcare plan.... at least, I hope he won't.

It makes me extremely glad that we never went WOW, WD or on staff when we were married. I have a great job, a nice home, my dream car and the truly "more abundant" life that I thought I would be living while involved with TWI. We were chasing an impossible dream, weren't we?

Your husband left you, went on staff, and TWI didn't insist or encourage him to try to save his marriage first?

Edited by erkjohn

Thanks for the links Waysider. :)

I have another question. Since TWI is considered a religious organization they don't have to pay into unemployment. Therefore, if anyone is fired or laid off, they cannot collect unemployment. I was wondering if TWI was exempt from paying into social security as well. If that is the case, then long-time staffers face quite a very difficult predicament if they wish to leave. Moreover, they face a great deal of difficulty when old age sets in and they are unable to work.

They withheld FICA when I worked there. Not sure they always have done that though.

They probably still do then because it's a federal law. They wouldn't do it if they didn't have to, I'm sure. Social Security isn't enough in today's economy, but at least it's something.

Thanks for the links Waysider. :)

I have another question. Since TWI is considered a religious organization they don't have to pay into unemployment. Therefore, if anyone is fired or laid off, they cannot collect unemployment. I was wondering if TWI was exempt from paying into social security as well. If that is the case, then long-time staffers face quite a very difficult predicament if they wish to leave. Moreover, they face a great deal of difficulty when old age sets in and they are unable to work.

They have to withhold. They are subject to the same withholding laws as every other employer. A local church tried to 1099 all its employees and had its assets seized.

Render Thy Tax Exempt Status unto Caesar, and hoarde the offerings of God's People. And remember,... The Way to God's Abundance is through Caesar, For My Caesar shall supply all your needs --- while I shut up all my bowels of mercy and withhold good from him to whom it is due....

Thank you very much,.... remember to keep that Plurality giving in mind,... Hey let's sing another song and do the robot shuffle --- that always opens up the wallets.....!!

Your husband left you, went on staff, and TWI didn't insist or encourage him to try to save his marriage first?

If you dont' mind me saying..

what they got was a "mean, lean fighting machine.."

naw.. they aren't interested in saving marriages. or a marriage Not by any means..

anybody young enough, healthy enough to promote the pristine image.. they will bend over backwards..

all organizations tend to be self-serving, to some extent.. its a matter of survival I know.. but how much blood are they willing to have on their hands..

• Upvote 1

anybody young enough, healthy enough to promote the pristine image.. they will bend over backwards..

BINGO!

Plant a fake smile on your mug, numb yourself with ministry jargon and publications, burn yourself in service doing menial chores in the way ministry = instant poster child.

Single is better than married because there are less problems in the persons life to contradict the "life is perfect" persona they want to promote.