GreaseSpot Cafe

So....they kicked themselves out?

OldSkool

The Way Living In Love 1972 Elena S. Whiteside (Quoting Victor Paul Wierwille)

"If someone comes into the ministry, we don't drop them, we stick with them. We never kick anyone out. They kick themselves out, if they want to go. But they're always welcome back."

Anyone want to have some fun with this one? :rolleyes:

Maybe that was true at one time...maybe...but certainly not from the late 80's on.

As a relative new-comer (mid 90s) I can say that the "official perception" is it was a Craig thing. Craig would drop folks. But I understand he learned from VP.

Maybe that was true at one time...maybe...but certainly not from the late 80's on.

True at one time? I suppose. You had to admit you were in the wrong by leaving. That's where you heard people proclaim that TWI "saved" their life, then rave about how kind Wierwille was for "allowing" you to come back. I don't think Vic ever apologized to anyone or admitted he was wrong.

That's another brainwashing technique by the way. In some cases when folks were imprisoned and tortured by communist regimes for a period of time, they would come out saying they were deserving of their treatment. They would talk about how kind the torturers actually were because they believed they deserved much worse for their "wrongs committed against the people".

Edited by Broken Arrow

There are no members in Da Vey . . . you can't join, but you can kick yourself out.

Ya, ironic - eh? :confused:

Maybe when I left that was the equivalent of kicking myself out?

Or

Perhaps this just goes to show how entrenched the "blame the victim" mentality is in da little corn field cult?

Page-235, TWLiL (same book):

""We started the first Way Corps then, the fall of 1969,

especially for that purpose, to prepare leaders. There were

nine of them-some married, some single, younger and older.

They stayed until the spring, and then

I gave them the privilege of leaving.

You see, they never got it together among themselves. They

didn't have that commitment, that discipline."

That was the so-called "Zero Corps."

"If someone comes into the ministry, we don't drop them, we stick with them. We never kick anyone out. They kick themselves out, if they want to go. But they're always welcome back."

Although, he didn't give permission to drop yourself . . . just kicking yourself . . . so don't get too excited. There are no self-punters in Da Vey.

Page-235, TWLiL (same book):

I gave them the privilege of leaving.

Good lord. So they were "invited to leave." What an incredibly lame way to say I kicked them out. So the my way or the high way attitude is from Victor Paul Wierwille and Craig just built on his foundation.

Then there is the grandson, the president of SOWERS. (a little free advertising for them :anim-smile: )

http://sowersonline.com/about.aspx

Any volunteer may be dismissed at any time and/or program cancelled at sole discretion of those charged with oversight.

Guess it's a family tradition?

True at one time? I suppose. You had to admit you were in the wrong by leaving. That's where you heard people proclaim that TWI "saved" their life, then rave about how kind Wierwille was for "allowing" you to come back. I don't think Vic ever apologized to anyone or admitted he was wrong.

Yup, that why I included the "maybe"...you could come back at any time...you just had to grovel a little first.

Although at the twig level non-Corps, non-leaders came and went all the time without much fuss; at least that was my experience at the tail end of the 70's on Long Island. I recall people showing up at meetings who hadn't been heard from in several years, no questions asked and no reporting up the "Way Tree". I would bet that it wasn't so free and easy once you were in the Corps or were within Wierwille's circle of attention.

I left once in the early 80's; just walked away due to disagreements with the local leader. I walked back in several years later and didn't receive any kind of interrogation, nor did I have to convince anyone that I was "worthy"; I didn't apologize for anything and nobody asked me to. I don't doubt that some discussion took place behind the scenes about me and mine.

I was put on probation for six months in 1999 however and had to kiss but and grovel to get back in.

When I finally was kicked out for good in 2001 the RC talked to me as if I had the intention of coming back eventually and began laying out hurdles for me to jump over and hoops to jump through to be allowed back in. I laughed and told him that he had abdicated any authority over me by kicking me out.

what I wonder is why *they* still consider the organization to be so important..

that's really it isn't it? Magnify a little known religious hoot above the bad manners and sins of it's founder and successor..

and successors..

is it just because of the MONEY they raked in in the "good years"?

"if you continue on the right path mah son.. one day.. you will inherit the reins over an over-rated 501 C.."

:biglaugh:

I really think they believe its the goose which laid the golden egg..

maybe rosie is really being merciful here.. those who want more in life absolutely have to look for sustenance, somewhere else..

scary thought isn't it. a "witch" with a (more than slightly twisted) conscience..

makes sense to me. "go figure it out.. just don't touch my junk.."

though my impression was.. "don't mess with my hookah.."

ah yes. Why the "greatness" of da organization..

I really think it is one of the proverbial love/hate relationships..

personally.. I think the older we become.. the more spiritual we become..

if we are lucky..

that does apply to those who run the vile organization..

if my premise is true.. how miserable must they be..

no, there is no antidote..

all I can think.. there is a place..

do we want to meet, or do we not..

*mr*(?) linder.. or pudgy once muscle bound replacement.. please forward these posts to the appropriate parties.

thank you.

• Upvote 1

It's amazing to me how many people I've run in to on Facebook who have left in the last 6 years. People are waking up, they're no longer drinking the Koolaid.

I wonder how long until the next wave of drama in TWI happens. I hope they all find out Donna and Rozilla are special friends. That will surely make some run off.

BTW, I only have one more year until I no longer have to put my employment with TWI on my resume. :beer::dance:

I kicked myself out of the in-residence corp (16th) shortly after the reading of The Passing of A Patriarch. I thought it through, first, and had the reasoning and jargon down so pat that when I explained to the Corp Coordinater why I was leaving, he could only say, "That's certainly honest of you." And I hitch-hiked back home from Gunnison (at least I had learned how to hitch-hike).

Love,

Steve

personally.. I think the older we become.. the more spiritual we become..

if we are lucky..

that does apply to those who run the vile organization..

if my premise is true.. how miserable must they be..

no, there is no antidote..

all I can think.. there is a place..

do we want to meet, or do we not..

*mr*(?) linder.. or pudgy once muscle bound replacement.. please forward these posts to the appropriate parties.

thank you.

:eusa_clap:

When I finally was kicked out for good in 2001 the RC talked to me as if I had the intention of coming back eventually and began laying out hurdles for me to jump over and hoops to jump through to be allowed back in. I laughed and told him that he had abdicated any authority over me by kicking me out.

That must have felt good! You weren't all afraid about leaving, "the protection of the household", eh? That took some guts.

Edited by Broken Arrow